+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Mparmar

Aug 15, 2019
Hi

can anyone please advise , my parents are inside canada on super visa from last two years and recently they have got PPR request , I have already updated on webform that they are inside canada , but now my parents are planning to go back to India , and I am not sure how long this virtual landing email will take . can they go back before or after virtual landing and can they still submit their passports in india for stamping.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
yes, they are taking direct flight DEL - TOR. thank you . one more thing, their checked-in bags will be received in toronto, not in delhi right? just wondering if they will have to manage that extra luggage at delhi ..
I think even if you have connecting ticket from the city they are flying they will have to handle their luggage in Delhi themselves. IF they are unable to handle the heavy check-in luggage themselves there are paid porters too. In your condition where there is a big layover time in Delhi most probably they will be handed over their check-in luggage. There are many hotels at aero city ( within airport campus). Better you book your parents there. Its quite nearby. Most of these hotels have free pickup and drop service.

KP4188

May 27, 2015
Hello,

Need help on submitting two-way courier passport requests through VFS Webform. During passport submission form filling, we need to fill passport submission for permanent residence application( economic PR, FCP) or we need to fill passport submission for PRTD. what is the difference between the two ?

Thanks

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone
Hi reezam
I'm in the same situation as you are, dependent in canada on study permit and parents in India, but we are still waiting for biometric to be done, please share your experience with me also how landing was done for dependent and what was done about passport request. Would appreciate your advice
Thank you
Hi , I am still working on finding information for virtual landing, I have however submitted a webform informing the dependent's current address. For passport submission - I submitted the request in the link pasted below - 1 form per person and the next day I received an email with payment link. I am waiting for airway bill they are going to generate and will keep you posted.

https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms

Reactions: lenalucky

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
My parents were in the same situation, i updated their address to the Canadian address through web form and they automatically became PR without passport request.
Hi. Can you please share your experience for virtual landing. The dependent on my file is in Canada. I have submitted a webform informing cic of his current address. What is the next step ?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: lenalucky

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Have you received passport back: you have mentioned that you sent last week. I have seen counterfoil document line created in MyCIC when they issue COPR and stamp the visa. The passport will arrive in a week or so. Just wait till the passport comes back.
I’ve seen counterfoil line since the 2nd time we submitted the passport and since then it came back and no visa stamp was on it. After we submitted the third time i am still waiting. The second time I thought the agent was messing up with us because he said it came back and no visa was on it and its held in Delhi with another agent. So we did what we could to get it back from him, confirmed no visa on it and the We hired another agent this time.
What is confusing is that each time passport comes back only explanation is that photo size are not correct.

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
I think even if you have connecting ticket from the city they are flying they will have to handle their luggage in Delhi themselves. IF they are unable to handle the heavy check-in luggage themselves there are paid porters too. In your condition where there is a big layover time in Delhi most probably they will be handed over their check-in luggage. There are many hotels at aero city ( within airport campus). Better you book your parents there. Its quite nearby. Most of these hotels have free pickup and drop service.
thanks a lot for the detailed response.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, just wonder, what is the letter are you talking about? we have just got the PPR letter and no other letter where it would be stated that their application is approved or if they met the eligibility requirements. Is this kind of letter enough to apply for OHIP?
We received PR portal confirmation email and there was an attachment letter which has my parent name and file number and stating you application is approved and you need to follow the steps through the portal, they applied for OHIP with this letter. I am not sure if PPR letter has similar statement or not.

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
s

she will do a virtual landing with no passport request.
Could you please provide more details on when the virtual landing take place and what to expect?
We received the passport request on September 29, updated current address via webform, since then - nothing... Getting so worried! don't want to loose PR because we don't know what to do... I failed to contact the officer by phone, as my case is not Afghanistan emergency. Please help!

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
We received PR portal confirmation email and there was an attachment letter which has my parent name and file number and stating you application is approved and you need to follow the steps through the portal, they applied for OHIP with this letter. I am not sure if PPR letter has similar statement or not.
Ok, thanks, we received PPR more than 3,5 months ago and still waiting for PR portal confirmation email. There is no such information like "your application is approved" in PPR letter.

Zahra NZ

May 7, 2019
Where should the police certificate be sent? There is no instruction on my file?
My file is in Ankara office right now. They asked for medical and police certificate but didn't mention where should it be sent?

Zahra NZ

May 7, 2019
My brother (19yo) is here in Canada with a visitor visa. He is the dependent in my parent's sponsorship application. They just got the medical and police certificate request.
I am wondering if there is any way that he can get a open work permit or study permit so he can stay here in Canada until the sponsorship application gets approved.