+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

amity21

Oct 9, 2019
Hi I applied in PGP for my parents and my parents medical was done last month and now CIC is requesting some weird documents which I don’t have. They are asking my grade 5,8,10,12 and voter if and adhaar card. Anyone with same problem. I have my grade 8,10,12 but I don’t have grade 5 and adhaar card and voter id. What should I do please help.
I have the exact same request to prove relationship with parents. I do not have a voter card or Aadhar card since I already moved to Canada before they were in effect. I will be uploading 8,10,12 mark sheet along with my birth certificate and passport copy and a letter stating why I cannot submit voter card or aadhar card.

tracy0831

Sep 16, 2015
Does anyone have experience with Virtual Landing? I submitted my parents' current address and photo online at PR portal on Saturday (2nd Oct) but still haven't received the COPRs. How long usually it takes there?
Thanks
Hi did you receive virtual landing notice? I sent my mom’s current address on Oct 6th and haven’t heard nothing back yet.

lucky21

Apr 6, 2017
Hi all

My parents received the biometric request on Oct 1 as part of PGP.
We have been trying since then to book a biometric appointment in New Delhi or Chandigarh center without luck.

I understood from the thread that many people were able to book it in last 2 weeks.

Wanted to consult if there is a specific time when slots becomes available?

And Is there a watsgroup too for this discussion?

Thank you in advance. This thread is very helpful. Appreciate a response.

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hi did you receive virtual landing notice? I sent my mom’s current address on Oct 6th and haven’t heard nothing back yet.
Yes, I received an email where they requested some information. After that same day, they send me portal credentials.

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
when you submiting address in pr portal that address want to mach with your application.is same address both pr portal send the ecopr with in 1 week.(my parents received 2 days)otherwise file waiting for the visa officer (in canada)approval.
Yes, I updated their address to Canada a few days earlier. And I uploaded the same address on the portal too. It has been 2 weeks so far. I haven't received anything.

Reactions: amesh

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
Hi Fellow applicants,

I just got an update on my PGP file and I have doubts on them. Can you clarify my questions? @laxsun

1. Marriage Proof between Principal applicant and dependent - My parents do not have a marriage certificate and we had got a notarized affidavit along with other IDs that would proof they are husband and wife. But Case manager updated our file asking for their Voter cards and National identity document (Aadhar card)
  • My mothers cards list my father as her husband so that is good
  • But my father cards do not list spouse, they only list his father
  • I assume they want additional documents to confirm relationship between my parents, so will my mothers ID be good enough for them?

2. Details of government service form - My mother (dependent) worked for the government during her employed years. Now they had asked her to fill the "Details of government service form" which our letter says is enclosed, but I do not see it. I tried finding it online but could not. Does anybody have this form they can share with me?
Only form I can see is the Details of military Service form - but she was not in the military. Any advise?

Thanks and good luck

Last edited:

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@laxsun @serious_cheese @robertp

Hi all
I am thrilled and sooooo happy.....
Please update:
Just go DM2 on ECAS and pre-arrival letter today Oct17, 2021.
Yesterday also got an update that they are reviewing the additional docs that we provided on sep 21.

My parents are here in Canada hope every thing is going smooth to get there PR.
Please let me know what I should expect at this point.

Last edited:

immigca

Oct 24, 2014
Hi All, need some advice.

Applied for my mother as the principal applicant with my father as a non-accompanying dependent back in 2019. In 2020, they both had their medicals completed, however, in the past year my father has fallen really sick and is bedridden. We received the request to complete the medical again, but my father cannot get out of bed due to his condition.

Should I ask for an exemption or is that a guaranteed case rejection? I've read other people's post where they mention both parents need to pass the medical exam.

What is your suggestion? How should I approach this?

Thanks.
Any advice on this? thank you.

amity21

Oct 9, 2019
@laxsun @serious_cheese @robertp

Hi all
I am thrilled and sooooo happy.....
Please update:
Just go DM2 on ECAS and pre-arrival letter today Oct17, 2021.
Yesterday also got an update that they are reviewing the additional docs that we provided on sep 21.

My parents are here in Canada hope every thing is going smooth to get there PR.
Please let me know what I should expect at this point.
I was so disappointed and did not expect DM2 now and honestly didnt pay attention to the process after this point.
hi Can you help me with my question? I am submitting additional documents for my parents with PCC due 25th. They are still in India, but I am trying to figure out that would they need to be India until the final decision is made or they can come to Canada after 25th using the multientry visa they have?

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi - may I have your help please.

I received an email from Mississauga center saying their initial review shows that my parents' passport expired and asked them to send a copy of their new passport.

Could someone please let me know:
1) what is the status of their application? My CIC account shows their 2nd medical passed. I have provided PCC last year, but eService still show "in process" now.
2) if the next step is to send in their passports for visa, will that be sent to somewhere in Canada, or a visa office in China where my parents currently live? want to plan ahead if they need to mail the passport to Canada.

Many thanks.

Last edited:

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Can you help me with my question? I am submitting additional documents for my parents with PCC due 25th. They are still in India, but I am trying to figure out that would they need to be India until the final decision is made or they can come to Canada after 25th using the multientry visa they have?
To the best on my knowledge they can come to Canada you just need to inform CIC by Web form when they are here and change their address. please double check with experts