+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

iazharsyed

Oct 12, 2020
Hello All, I submitted my mother's PGP application on June 25, 2019, and still have not heard anything. Can I do anything? Do I have any options to know why is it taking so long?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello guys. I am Dilip from hamilton. I received invitation to apply for my mother this friday. I couldn't apply for my father in 2020 because of passport issues. I am not sure how can my father get PR based on my mother PR once she get it . Any clues ? Do i need to submit again when they open next year ?
You mean in the invitation you only mentioned your mother?
Do you meet the income requirements for all 3 years including your father?
You can apply for your mother and add your father as mom’s dependent spouse.
Even if you do not include him in the application, he will be counted in the family size to meet the income requiremenr and he will have to provide everything like medicals/police certificates. So add him as accompanying dependent.
Go through all the forms and you will understand how to add and what forms to include for him.

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hi, I have been asked to submit the PCCs and additional documents by the Visa Office. I submitted all of these about 4 months ago. Can I submit the same PCCs that are less than 6 months old or should I get all new PCCs? Here's the excerpt from that email regarding the PCCs:

· Updated police certificates from all districts/areas for yourself, your dependent spouse and all dependent children who are over 18 years of age. They must be from ALL the districts and areas where residence was for more than six months. If you have recently (within the past 6 months) submitted a police certificate to our office, please take this opportunity to resubmit that police certificate.

Thanks in advance :)

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone Can someone share CV/resume format for PGP…
I'm just using template from MS Word
this is stupid request, their education and work history is already in the application, why do they want same info but in resume format?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi, I have been asked to submit the PCCs and additional documents by the Visa Office. I submitted all of these about 4 months ago. Can I submit the same PCCs that are less than 6 months old or should I get all new PCCs? Here's the excerpt from that email regarding the PCCs:

· Updated police certificates from all districts/areas for yourself, your dependent spouse and all dependent children who are over 18 years of age. They must be from ALL the districts and areas where residence was for more than six months. If you have recently (within the past 6 months) submitted a police certificate to our office, please take this opportunity to resubmit that police certificate.

Thanks in advance :)
I received the same email last week and I submitted the same PCC that was submitted before. The excerpt you included in your message also states to submit the same certificate.

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Hey Sid, got your confirmation email?
Hi Prontissimo,

I did submit all the requisite documents from the letter yesterday (except PCC). I did receive an automated email from my email submission but nothing acknowledging that the documents received and forwarded to the concerned case officer. Did you receive any acknowledgement?

Another question, the letter mentioned that the file has been forwarded to Mississauga CPC. My mom is in India and her visa office is NDVO. After the documents are received and all good to go, will the file be sent to NDVO for sending passport request or CPC Mississauga will send the passport request?

Regards,
Sid

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys. I am Dilip from hamilton. I received invitation to apply for my mother this friday. I couldn't apply for my father in 2020 because of passport issues. I am not sure how can my father get PR based on my mother PR once she get it . Any clues ? Do i need to submit again when they open next year ?
Please clarify your question to get the right answer.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for Police Certificates, do I need to get one from Canada, if parents visited Canada and stayed for more than 6 months?
how long does it usually take to get one in Canada?

m_alagha

Feb 10, 2015
Hi everyone, just signed up to this. I was invited to apply back in 2019 for my parents.
They live in Saudi Arabia; however, nationality is Turkish. We also have a permanent address in Turkey.

My ECAS shows:
Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXX on June 10, 2019.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXX.
  2. We started processing your application on January 21, 2020.
Permanent Residence
  1. We received XXX's application for permanent residence on June 10, 2019.

No update whatsoever, I called them 3-4 months ago and they said no news is good news(like wth) and asked me to wait, but now that I ve checked this forum over 80% are decision made.
I feel hopeless at this point and any advice is greatly appreciated.
Should I change their address to Turkey maybe??
Thanks for reading.
I’m in a similar situation as you are. Applied in June 2019, haven’t heard anything so far. Surprised to see more than 80% of 2019 applicants have received a decision made status. Anything we can do?

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
I received the same email last week and I submitted the same PCC that was submitted before. The excerpt you included in your message also states to submit the same certificate.
Thanks. I do have another question: did you submit fresh additional documents they asked for or submitted the old one submitted just a few months ago? Thanks a lot :)