+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Received SA letter on my email today.

I have a question re: police certificate as It was mentioned on the letter. Can i upload their police certificate on their CIC account which is valid until January 2022 (my parents requested it when they are preparing their documents) or should i wait for a request letter to submit it?
you can submit in advance. Unless IRCC requested it, you cant upload to CIC account but you can submit via webform

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Good evening All,

I have received the invitation today and honestly i wasn't expecting it to come. I applied for it last year as my friend was applying for his parents. I know its late but i have a questions in terms of income requirement. For the year 2018 my income was $66k and i have a family of four. Since i will be applying for my parents visa do i need to consider them in my 2018 income as well which will make my family to 6 or should i only consider them for the 2020 income as i am applying for them in 2021. The only reason i am asking this question is because if i consider my parents in 2018 then i donot meet the income requirement however my income was high in 2019 and 2020 ? what are your thoughts .. do you think it is worth applying as CIC may show some flexibility ?
no ircc needs you to meet the income requirements for the past 3 years including the family members you are sponsoring so family of 6. There is no flexibility with this.

Reactions: YVR123

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
when did you get the police clearance? I think usually PCC is only considered valid for 6 months for the country of residence
Got this information from PGP instruction guide

Police certificates
You don’t need police certificates when you submit your complete application. We ask you for police certificates for the person being sponsored and all family members 18 or older (who aren’t already Canadian citizens or permanent residents) later in the application process.

Police certificates are generally valid for 1 year from the date they’re issued. Depending on processing times, we may ask you for new certificates.

hybridin

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Did anyone receive OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter

We are at "Medical results have been received.". Also, biometrics have been done a few days ago... BUT they are asking for a bunch of documents again:

1. Updated residential address:
2. Immigration Medical Examination:
3. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF):
4. Passport/Travel Document:
5. Proof of Relationship (Sponsor and Principal Applicant):
6. Proof of Relationship (Principal Applicant and Dependant Spouse or Common-law Partner):
7. Police Certificate:
8. Biometrics (if applicable):
9. Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM 5562):
10. Details of Military Service – IMM 5546 (if applicable):
11. CV/Resume:

Wth its like another application. Dont they already have this info?

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Did anyone receive OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter

We are at "Medical results have been received.". Also, biometrics have been done a few days ago... BUT they are asking for a bunch of documents again:

1. Updated residential address:
2. Immigration Medical Examination:
3. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF):
4. Passport/Travel Document:
5. Proof of Relationship (Sponsor and Principal Applicant):
6. Proof of Relationship (Principal Applicant and Dependant Spouse or Common-law Partner):
7. Police Certificate:
8. Biometrics (if applicable):
9. Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM 5562):
10. Details of Military Service – IMM 5546 (if applicable):
11. CV/Resume:

Wth its like another application. Dont they already have this info?
read the letter carefully.
it states “. If not already included in your application”

Reactions: gen_z

archivist

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Hello,

I got this message:
```
You and every dependant included in your application need to be in Canada to use
the portal. If you or one of your dependants currently live outside Canada, let us know by replying to this message: IRCC.ClientPortal-
PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
```

I replied to the email that the applicant doesn't live in Canada, but just got an email about New credentials for PR Confirmation Portal: You have 7 days from the date of this email to confirm you’re in Canada and submit your photo

Does anyone know what I should do?

gmduncanidaho

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2
Doc's Request.
Jan 14 & Jan 24
AOR Received.
Jan 2
Hey! I just received the pre-arrival service letter but no DM2 or PPR yet!
Did you receive that yesterday as well?
I also received pre arrival. Not sure what it means in terms of where we are in the process

Reactions: skFSW

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
Good evening All,

I have received the invitation today and honestly i wasn't expecting it to come. I applied for it last year as my friend was applying for his parents. I know its late but i have a questions in terms of income requirement. For the year 2018 my income was $66k and i have a family of four. Since i will be applying for my parents visa do i need to consider them in my 2018 income as well which will make my family to 6 or should i only consider them for the 2020 income as i am applying for them in 2021. The only reason i am asking this question is because if i consider my parents in 2018 then i donot meet the income requirement however my income was high in 2019 and 2020 ? what are your thoughts .. do you think it is worth applying as CIC may show some flexibility ?
What was your family size (excluding parents) in 2018,2019,2020?