+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
That was such a good news I'm so excited for you and myself!
May I ask if you received any additional doc request from Ankara and when?
As far as I remember our Ankara started processing our applications on the exact same date in November 2020. We got medical request on Jan 21 2021 and passed medical on Feb. 1; is that right?
My only concern is that although they requested PCC in May by background check has not started yet!
Yeah it made my day, hoping you hear from then soon as well!
No they didn't ask for anything else after medical. Yes our timeline totally align.
Background check is the weird part, ours was in process since late May!! But I see in some cases it was done in matter of weeks.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Yeah it made my day, hoping you hear from then soon as well!
No they didn't ask for anything else after medical. Yes our timeline totally align.
Background check is the weird part, ours was in process since late May!! But I see in some cases it was done in matter of weeks.
I believe that the officer that is working on my application has already started the BG check but myCIC is not updated. My old visitor visa applications were all updated early June and I'm positive that was because of the BG check which was reflected on my old visitor visa applications instead on my PR application.

Last edited:
Reactions: Verooney

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Guys, My mother is in Canada from past 2 years . I recently got a request to provide PCC and was wondering if we have to get Canadian Police clearance certificate for her stay in Canada?
Get PCC from others countries and send asap. For Canada, they may ask you RCMP finger printing later.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Applied on 14 june 2019
AOR 23 October 2019
IN PROCESS 28 JANUARY 2020
No news after that
No SA letter,no biometric; no medical,no PCC
Sponsored parents from India from Ontario
You are in tracker line no. 687.
Many other Jun 14 applicants are in same situation but try to get GCMS notes or talk to your MP.

Reactions: vs1980

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Fellow Members,

Just noticed DM2 in ECAS. What will be the next step now or how long it will take before getting COPR? Applicant in Canada and LVO is NDVO.
Next step is PPR from NDVO in which they will mention an option of virtual landing.
COPR is issued after completing landing.
When did they ask PCC and biometrics? The dates are blank in the tracker.

Reactions: vs1980

vs1980

Mar 30, 2015
Next step is PPR from NDVO in which they will mention an option of virtual landing.
COPR is issued after completing landing.
When did they ask PCC and biometrics? The dates are blank in the tracker.
PCC was submitted with application (June 11 2019) and biometric was done in Dec 2019. They never asked PCC again as applicant is in Canada since application submission.

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Hi, you need to send all this to VFS VAC and they are not accepting any in-person passports. You will need to do a two way courier. So she can apply from anywhere as VFS VAC has many locations all across. Yes, that info needs to be sent on a piece of paper separately. Good news!!
hey there,

so in my package that is to be picked up by VAC, I have my moms passport, 2 photos of her, the passport request letter and the eye and height information.

1) i think we also need to fill a VAC form for some consent along with all the above?
2) below is one of the pages from the VAC consent form. which section do we fill in? my mom got her biometrics done on feb 2020 and so I would assume she would fill the second section?