+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Hi There,

I too had a question and maybe the answer, did you have to update their most recent address? I ask this because I have just got a letter stating that the processing of the file will happen at CPC - Mississauga. They have asked for me to confirm the address, and in all likely hood after the Biometrics and Medical and PCC is complete it will be transferred to NDVO for the Passport request and Visa Stamping. In my case my parents are in India and not here.

I was surprised as well with the letter I received, did you receive one as well?
Maybe they need NDVO to verify something or the workload is too much for Mississauga

Last edited:

raulmart897

Jun 14, 2021
Great team work everyone. I had a quick question.

I applied for Parents and Grandparents visa in 2019. My parents completed Biometrics and Medical in Aug 2021. I got an email after saying my sponsor application is approved and asked for subsequent docs such as PCC, Marriage certificate, relationship certificate etc.. But no timelines when to submit.

My questions:
1) Should I as sponsor should submit or my parents? I got the request via sponsor approval email and my parents didnt receive anything like that.
2) Unable to link the paper application
3) How do I submit those docs?
4) My parents were able to link the application but it doesn't show any updates on biometrics or medical or any next steps.

Please help. I don't want to miss any timelines

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hey,

Do we need to submit 2 vfs webforms for father and mother or one should be fine. I see on vfs webform there is a note
Note: New webform to be raised every new passport submission request.
01 passport = 01 webform

And also which visa category we need to select on webform ?

is this the right visa category Passport Submission for Permanent Residence Application (FCP, Economic PR) ?

Please let me know.
1. We have to fill 2 web-forms separately, separate payments and separate packages.
2. Visa category is option 1 - Permanent Residence Application (FCP, Economic PR)

sim09

Sep 17, 2021
I applied for my parents in 2019
SA- Decision Made
Parent application - In-Progress
Re-Medical passed - 24 Aug
today I have received letter to provide Aadhar card/voter card for my parents and Travel history and current address. My parents never travel outside the country and they are in India. In the letter they have mentioned my Canada's address and that too having spelling mistake.
Can somebody please help me to understand as what and how I need to provide current address details i.e their Indian address and also at which stage my file is and how long it will take to get the final decision.
Thanks!

Last edited:

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi There,

I too had a question and maybe the answer, did you have to update their most recent address? I ask this because I have just got a letter stating that the processing of the file will happen at CPC - Mississauga. They have asked for me to confirm the address, and in all likely hood after the Biometrics and Medical and PCC is complete it will be transferred to NDVO for the Passport request and Visa Stamping. In my case my parents are in India and not here.

I was surprised as well with the letter I received, did you receive one as well?
Yes, I received a letter from them that they are transferring the file to NDVO for processing, did you get any more notification from them once they received in Delhi...Is it something common moving files to Delhi after receiving all the required documents?

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hello guys,
I have 2 questions for those invited to apply for 2019.
So you must have been required to provide income proof for 206,2017 and 2018 I presume.

1. Did they ask to provide income for 2019 i.e the year you received the invitation?
2. Is there anybody who had an income in 2019 lower than the minimum required income but had enough income for the previous years? If yes how did you address that ?

Many thanks in advance

-Alok Kulkarni
They can request more financial information at any stage throughout the process. You must maintain the minimum income requirements until your parents have landed. If they request updated information and your income is lower than the minimum, your application will be rejected.

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
when sending passport through VFS office can you get it back from VFS office? not from a residential address ?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Great team work everyone. I had a quick question.

I applied for Parents and Grandparents visa in 2019. My parents completed Biometrics and Medical in Aug 2021. I got an email after saying my sponsor application is approved and asked for subsequent docs such as PCC, Marriage certificate, relationship certificate etc.. But no timelines when to submit.

My questions:
1) Should I as sponsor should submit or my parents? I got the request via sponsor approval email and my parents didnt receive anything like that.
2) Unable to link the paper application
3) How do I submit those docs?
4) My parents were able to link the application but it doesn't show any updates on biometrics or medical or any next steps.

Please help. I don't want to miss any timelines
Normally the documents have to be sent within 30 days.
A normal letter from IRCC specifies how to send these documents.
Please read the letter carefully.

Ods

Sep 17, 2021
Hi there

Can i apply super visa for my patents if i am not working. But my husband is working and we meet the minimum income threshold ?

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008
Hi, I got the email from the doctor the that the e medical has been submitted. What does it mean, nothing has been updated on the my cic or e-cas?. Thanks

manojv

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Hello,

Question regarding parent and grand parent sponsership passport submission in India

I have small question regarding Passport submission, My parents got passport request and I'm trying to submit webform in VFS to send passports, But There is only option to select one applicant for one passport request. Is this how we need to send passports or do we need to contract VFS to create special request to submit both passports in one package.

Please help me, We have booked tickets for 13thOct(these are booked while ago).

Thank you

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Hello,

Question regarding parent and grand parent sponsership passport submission in India

I have small question regarding Passport submission, My parents got passport request and I'm trying to submit webform in VFS to send passports, But There is only option to select one applicant for one passport request. Is this how we need to send passports or do we need to contract VFS to create special request to submit both passports in one package.

Please help me, We have booked tickets for 13thOct(these are booked while ago).

Thank you
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-way-courier-services-vfs-new-delhi-india.713205/

Reactions: ramko