+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hi, Quebec applicants will sign a undertaking with the Quebec goverment (rather than the federal govt).

So Quebec residence needs to get a permit from the Quebec govt confirming that they are eligible to sponsor, this is what the CSQ is for, I dont know the full name for the CSQ though.
Thanks, I see. I thought it was something needed from me but I missed (I'm not in Quebec).

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hello,

Yes, I suppose you can upload the documents to the IRCC secure account. I would prefer that way, however, my PA and Spouse's application account does not list any required documents and I do not know how to upload the requested files. Guess email is the way to go. Webform is also OK, but that leaves no paper trail on my end, so I'd probably go for the email option.

Does your letter say you have xxx number of days to get the documents in order? Mine said "as soon as possible." To be safe, I will try to get everything turned around in 30 days.
Hi, I see, I guess we can submit it using the webform as well as email (to be on the safe side? I dont know if that annoys them too much .. hope not..)

My letter just says to send in a copy of the police certificate as soon as they receive it, there is no deadline, I assume then we just try to get it done as fast as possible? I guess they didnt specify the number of days because that could vary depending on the country and the situation (covid) they are in?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi laxsun, could I ask a couple of other questions?

1. Which method may be advised, that I send the requested documents via Webform or email (IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)? The requested documents from the PA and Spouse were addressed to me as the Sponsor. However, there are no required documents currently outstanding in the PA's IRCC secure account. I have to send the docs in, but am unsure which method may be better.

2. For Details of Military Service - If neither of them served, should I include the form and write "N/A" all across, or simply not submit this form?

Thanks so much!
(1) Preferable is to send email message with attachments with around 5 MB as instructed. Sending email to CPC-M <IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> used to be not easy last years. Not sure now. Try to send several times if it bounces back and unusual time like early morning 5 am. For peace of your mind, send through IRCC Webform also later.
(2) Just explain in the main letter when you send PCC, Travel History and other documents.
When you have time, explore this thread with search tool and the last sheet of the tracker. You can get a lot of information.

Reactions: prontissimo

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I received request for CV/Resume

CV/Resume: Please provide a detailed CV/resume containing your education, employment and
professional history from the age of 18. For periods of employment ensure to include the name of the employer,
your position title, job duties, and location. There must be NO gaps in information.

I'm confused how to go about writing this.
Do they want real resume format, as if applying for a job?
Cover letter too?
Anyone else received this ridiculous request?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Thanks so much laxsun. I posted my latest reply before seeing you were already working on it. Much appreciated! I will be tagging senior members going forward to update the tracker and help everyone track their own progress.

SA letter was received on Sept 10, 2021. The local visa office is CPC-Mississauga.

Thanks so much for clarifying the residence duration is on per-visit/trip basis for the PCC requirements. Otherwise, they would have to obtain the PCC from the US, which currently takes 2-4 weeks to process if everything goes smoothly. As you mentioned, it is not easy to get PCC from some countries.

They are working to get the PCC from their native country as we speak. I think that PCC can be obtained within 30 days; if at odd chance it would not be, I will be sure to explain to IRCC by the end of the 30-day window.

Thanks again laxsun.
Try to match details of IMM5562, IMM0008 and PCC to be sent. In the worst case IRCC may ask PCC from some specific country that was put by in IMM0008 and IMM5562.

Reactions: prontissimo

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hi, I see, I guess we can submit it using the webform as well as email (to be on the safe side? I dont know if that annoys them too much .. hope not..)

My letter just says to send in a copy of the police certificate as soon as they receive it, there is no deadline, I assume then we just try to get it done as fast as possible? I guess they didnt specify the number of days because that could vary depending on the country and the situation (covid) they are in?
Hi,

If you look at this previous example on request of additional documents, the CPC-M office asked the applicant to forward the documents to their bulk email: PGP-2019 - Google Drive

I would treat it as a 30-day deadline. See below: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Immigration applicants - Canada.ca

Supporting documents for an application in progress

We no longer automatically give more time to send documents.

• We’ll contact youto request the supporting documents.
    • This will happen in the next few months.
    • You’ll have 30 days from the date we contact you to submit the information.

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hi

CV/Resume: Please provide a detailed CV/resume containing your education, employment and
professional history from the age of 18. For periods of employment ensure to include the name of the employer,
your position title, job duties, and location. There must be NO gaps in information.

Cover letter too?
Hi, I think they just want to understand the nature of the jobs so as to determine they are admissible and will not pose a threat.

Reactions: kkim604

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
(1) Preferable is to send email message with attachments with around 5 MB as instructed. Sending email to CPC-M <IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca> used to be not easy last years. Not sure now. Try to send several times if it bounces back and unusual time like early morning 5 am. For peace of your mind, send through IRCC Webform also later.
(2) Just explain in the main letter when you send PCC, Travel History and other documents.
When you have time, explore this thread with search tool and the last sheet of the tracker. You can get a lot of information.
Awesome, thanks so much laxsun!

Will do - this forum and the tracker is such a invaluable resource!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi

Cover letter too?
Most applicants whose processing is done in CPC-M received this request. Try to search CV/resume in this thread.

Reactions: kkim604

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Cover letter too?
It is easy to write CV for my retired parents even they worked 30 years the same job and retired 17 years ago. I think just a briefing to show their title and nature of work should be fine as this is not to find the job. But if more than these are required expert please advice.
Thanks

mgentleman

Sep 14, 2017
Silly question: What is CSQ short for?
thank you @prontissimo
Ok if I understand correctly the letter that my mom received asking for additional documents is the same I would use to submit for CSQ! the agent I spoke to told me she would contact Mississauga office to send me the SA letter :) and asked me to send a note that I couldn't apply for CSQ before receiving it :D
they required 30 days even for CSQ ( certificat de sélection du Québec = Quebec selection certificate :) )
I have all the CSQ forms ready but I don't think I would be able to have it before the 26 days I have left

mgentleman

Sep 14, 2017
Normally the additional document request comes in SA letter.
The SA letter normally starts as:
"Dear Sir/Madam:
This refers to the Application to Sponsor ..."
and the sample is available at following link.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EoVdOy0ctVUcT_VWgsiJNCEdhT85qZsu
Open the first one.
Did you notice when did ecas change to Decision Made?
thank you @laxsun for sharing the samples
My mom received finally the SA letter ( same as the first one in the drive) where they asked to submit CSQ within 30 days + 3 other documents)
My ecas changed to decision made almost 2 months ago and we received 2 requests in July for biometrics and medical exam that My mom passed

Last edited: