+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Question about Police Clearance Certificate:

Hi everyone,

Same with several of us who posted here over the last weekend, I also just got my Sponsor Eligibility letter in Sept 2021. This has been a long delay since the AOR back in Dec 2019.

The letter asked for a few documents from the principal applicant and dependent spouse, namely the police clearance certificate, travel history, resume, etc. It also asked for the PA and Spouse to complete medicals and biometrics, which were completed in August 2021.

The letter says to provide PCC from countries where they have lived for a period of six months or more. If the PA has visited a foreign country several times, each times a few months, cumulatively over six months, but never six months or more in a row / per trip, does the PA still require the PCC from that country?

The IRCC tweet here says it is "six months or more in a row" but I read there has been ambiguity around this rule. The tweet is here: IRCC on Twitter: "@dearsun9 1/2 Hi. If you and your family members are 18 years of age and older and aren’t permanent residents or Canadian citizens, you must provide a valid police certificate for any country other than Canada in which you spent 6 or more months in a row since the age of 18:" / Twitter

Guidance on this is much appreciated!

Reactions: laxsun and gen_z

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hi All, I haven't received a formal request for PCC but i recently received a SA letter yesterday which states that i can provide them the PCC to cpc

missisauga, should i go ahead and provide them the police clearance certificate? In addition is there a format to submit a resume for parents? Kindly help
Hello, I am in the exact situation.

The PA's IRCC secure account does not show any required documents to be sent. The account home status says "we do not need additional documents." However, the Sponsor Eligibility letter I just received in Sept 2021 asked to submit the PA and Dependent Spouse's PCC, travel history, resume among a few other documents that have already been submitted in the original application.

How do you plan to send the PCC to the CPC-M office? By email? They did provide a bulk email address. I am planning the same, since there are no required documents link in the IRCC secure account where the PA could upload stuff.

Reactions: gen_z

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Sponsor Approval letter is dated September 10 and says "the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga." But relative lives in China. Has anyone else been told processing will be at Mississauga even though relative is not in Canada (and in this case never has been)?
Hello, same situation here. Just got the Sponsor Eligibility letter. The PA and Dependent Spouse just did their medicals and biometrics in Aug 2021. This has been a long delay in AOR in Dec 2019.

The letter says the files will be forwarded to CPC-M. It also asked to provide police clearance certificate, travel history, resume and a few other things that were already submitted in the original application.

What does your letter say of your next steps?

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Good day, I received a letter from IRCC last week informing I have met my requirements as a sponsor for my mother. Also, in the letter I do see there is a list of documents required which I have already submitted. And there is no timeline associated with submission of these documents.

Do I need to submit any additional documents at this points? She got her biometrics and medicals completed in the last 30 days. The Ecas status is not updated though.
Good day, I received a letter from IRCC last week informing I have met my requirements as a sponsor for my mother. Also, in the letter I do see there is a list of documents required which I have already submitted. And there is no timeline associated with submission of these documents.

Do I need to submit any additional documents at this points? She got her biometrics and medicals completed in the last 30 days. The Ecas status is not updated though.
Hi, I am in the same boat. Sponsor Eligibility letter last week, after PA and Dependent Spouse were told to get their medicals and biometrics done in Aug 2021.

The list of documents in my letter includes the police clearance certificate, travel history and resume, etc. However, the PA's IRCC secure account does not show any required documents at this time, so the PA could not upload anything. We plan to submit the required documents via email as an alternative suggested in the Sponsor Eligibility letter.

How do you plan to get yours submitted?

raj_bond

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Today morning, I have received an automated message from IRCC with IMM5801 asking to use pre-arrival services using that letter. In ECAS, the PR application status shows "Decision Made," though there are no details in ECAS or the MYCIC account. What can I interpret from this update and communication? My parents' PR application is approved??

mgentleman

Sep 14, 2017
Hello all,
can someone please guide me how to contact cic? because they asked me to provide CSQ within 30 days even though the have never sent me the SA letter that is required to submit the CSQ
THANK YOU SO MUCH

rbector

Dec 1, 2018
Hi! My parents are on Super-visa in Canada. Their sponsorship application was received on June 25, 2019. They got the acknowledgment in December 2019. And nothing since then. Is it normal? Please advise!

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hello, I am in the exact situation.

The PA's IRCC secure account does not show any required documents to be sent. The account home status says "we do not need additional documents." However, the Sponsor Eligibility letter I just received in Sept 2021 asked to submit the PA and Dependent Spouse's PCC, travel history, resume among a few other documents that have already been submitted in the original application.

How do you plan to send the PCC to the CPC-M office? By email? They did provide a bulk email address. I am planning the same, since there are no required documents link in the IRCC secure account where the PA could upload stuff.
Im in the same situation. I guess we can send it to their email address as well as uploading it in the CIC secure account?

Reactions: prontissimo

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hello all,
can someone please guide me how to contact cic? because they asked me to provide CSQ within 30 days even though the have never sent me the SA letter that is required to submit the CSQ
THANK YOU SO MUCH
I think you can reach them over the phone, or you can submit a webform enquiry.

What letter did you receive about CSQs? I received a letter confirming eligibility (as a sponsor) and they asked for CSQs on that letter, I think that is the SA letter, is it not? I think you can provide that letter when applying for CSQs, although I dont need a place where we have to submit CSQs within 30 days (aka, Im not seeing a time period on the letter)

mgentleman

Sep 14, 2017
I think you can reach them over the phone, or you can submit a webform enquiry.

What letter did you receive about CSQs? I received a letter confirming eligibility (as a sponsor) and they asked for CSQs on that letter, I think that is the SA letter, is it not? I think you can provide that letter when applying for CSQs, although I dont need a place where we have to submit CSQs within 30 days (aka, Im not seeing a time period on the letter)
thank you @gen_z :)
My mom received a pdf document asking for additional documents: travel history, my dad death certificate, police certificate, and CSQ! as a sponsor the only document I received is the AOR almost 2 years ago and I don't think it is the SA

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Im in the same situation. I guess we can send it to their email address as well as uploading it in the CIC secure account?
Hello,

Yes, I suppose you can upload the documents to the IRCC secure account. I would prefer that way, however, my PA and Spouse's application account does not list any required documents and I do not know how to upload the requested files. Guess email is the way to go. Webform is also OK, but that leaves no paper trail on my end, so I'd probably go for the email option.

Does your letter say you have xxx number of days to get the documents in order? Mine said "as soon as possible." To be safe, I will try to get everything turned around in 30 days.

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hi! My parents are on Super-visa in Canada. Their sponsorship application was received on June 25, 2019. They got the acknowledgment in December 2019. And nothing since then. Is it normal? Please advise!
Hi, my timeline is very similar to yours. Delivery was late June 2019, and AOR was Dec 2019. I just got the Sponsor Approval letter last week. Hope that helps alleviate some of your anxiety!