+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
I think you can reach them over the phone, or you can submit a webform enquiry.

What letter did you receive about CSQs? I received a letter confirming eligibility (as a sponsor) and they asked for CSQs on that letter, I think that is the SA letter, is it not? I think you can provide that letter when applying for CSQs, although I dont need a place where we have to submit CSQs within 30 days (aka, Im not seeing a time period on the letter)
Silly question: What is CSQ short for?

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Hi, I am in the same boat. Sponsor Eligibility letter last week, after PA and Dependent Spouse were told to get their medicals and biometrics done in Aug 2021.

The list of documents in my letter includes the police clearance certificate, travel history and resume, etc. However, the PA's IRCC secure account does not show any required documents at this time, so the PA could not upload anything. We plan to submit the required documents via email as an alternative suggested in the Sponsor Eligibility letter.

How do you plan to get yours submitted?
Hi prontissimo,
Thank you for your reply. I have the same documents asked but do not have a timeline associated with when to submit them. But not sure why are they asking for all the documents again when we submitted majority of them with the original application. I have also sent a web form inquiry to IRCC asking the same question and will update the group once I hear back from them. I did note that they are responding to cases affected in Afghanistan as a priority.

To answer your question - I would submit the documents by web form - as based upon my past experience, I do get a response mentioning that the documents have been forwarded to the concerned processing officer/file - which is satisfying.

Regards,
Sid

Reactions: prontissimo

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Thanks Jittu, hope they lift the ban, as my mother is quite old and probably will not be to handle the stress of this travel, testing, staying over for few days in a 3rd country
I'm in the same boat. Mom is old and will be traveling alone in the future. Transit thru 3rd country and completing covid test formalities is not an option for her. Her passport was handed to courier today for stamping. Hopefully by the time we get it back, travel ban by Canada is lifted too. By the way, which city is your mother in? My mom's in Delhi.

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hi prontissimo,
Thank you for your reply. I have the same documents asked but do not have a timeline associated with when to submit them. But not sure why are they asking for all the documents again when we submitted majority of them with the original application. I have also sent a web form inquiry to IRCC asking the same question and will update the group once I hear back from them. I did note that they are responding to cases affected in Afghanistan as a priority.

To answer your question - I would submit the documents by web form - as based upon my past experience, I do get a response mentioning that the documents have been forwarded to the concerned processing officer/file - which is satisfying.

Regards,
Sid
Hi Sid,

Regarding timeline, my letter asked to submit the requested documents "as soon as possible." I will treat it as a 30-day window. You can see how IRCC is currently handling this here: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Immigration applicants - Canada.ca

Supporting documents for an application in progress
We no longer automatically give more time to send documents.

• We’ll contact you to request the supporting documents.
    • This will happen in the next few months.
    • You’ll have 30 days from the date we contact you to submit the information.
Most of the documents being asked in my Sponsor Approval letter are either submitted originally (e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.) or have recently been done prior to the receipt of the SA letter (e.g. medicals and biometrics). I am not sure why CPC-M is requesting those files again, but I think the V/O has the right to reconfirm eligibility of the PA and Spouse.

On submitting documents through Webform - Great to know you'll get some sort of acknowledgement. When you are on Webform, would you submit the files as the Sponsor or the PA? The requested list of files was directed to the Sponsor.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Today morning, I have received an automated message from IRCC with IMM5801 asking to use pre-arrival services using that letter. In ECAS, the PR application status shows "Decision Made," though there are no details in ECAS or the MYCIC account. What can I interpret from this update and communication? My parents' PR application is approved??
PR-DM is an important stage of the application. It will only show up in the ecas. Wait for PPR

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
thank you @gen_z :)
My mom received a pdf document asking for additional documents: travel history, my dad death certificate, police certificate, and CSQ! as a sponsor the only document I received is the AOR almost 2 years ago and I don't think it is the SA
Normally the additional document request comes in SA letter.
The SA letter normally starts as:
"Dear Sir/Madam:
This refers to the Application to Sponsor ..."
and the sample is available at following link.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EoVdOy0ctVUcT_VWgsiJNCEdhT85qZsu
Open the first one.
Did you notice when did ecas change to Decision Made?

Reactions: mgentleman

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Question about Police Clearance Certificate:

Hi everyone,

Same with several of us who posted here over the last weekend, I also just got my Sponsor Eligibility letter in Sept 2021. This has been a long delay since the AOR back in Dec 2019.

The letter asked for a few documents from the principal applicant and dependent spouse, namely the police clearance certificate, travel history, resume, etc. It also asked for the PA and Spouse to complete medicals and biometrics, which were completed in August 2021.

The letter says to provide PCC from countries where they have lived for a period of six months or more. If the PA has visited a foreign country several times, each times a few months, cumulatively over six months, but never six months or more in a row / per trip, does the PA still require the PCC from that country?

The IRCC tweet here says it is "six months or more in a row" but I read there has been ambiguity around this rule. The tweet is here: IRCC on Twitter: "@dearsun9 1/2 Hi. If you and your family members are 18 years of age and older and aren’t permanent residents or Canadian citizens, you must provide a valid police certificate for any country other than Canada in which you spent 6 or more months in a row since the age of 18:" / Twitter

Guidance on this is much appreciated!
You are in tracker line no. 835 and I have updated your information.
Please tag @laxsun, @serious_cheese @robertp to update the tracker so that others may have idea what is going on applications sent on same time.

What was the date of the SA letter you have received and did it mention the local visa office where it is going to be processed?
Regarding PCC, apply to only countries where your parents have lived or visited for a duration exceeding six months in one visit. It is not easy to get PCC from many countries. If you cannot get it in around 30 days, just send whatever you have received and explain in the letter.

Reactions: prontissimo

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hello senior members @laxsun, @serious_cheese @robertp,

Please help me update my tracker:

Username: prontissimo
Line: 835

2019/12/09 - AOR Letter Received
2020/11/13 - Sponsor Eligibility In Process
2021/08/17 - Biometrics Requested
2021/08/20 - Medical Exam Requested
2021/09/10 - Medical Passed
2021/09/10 - SA Letter Received
2021/09/10 - PCC Requested
ECAS status for SA: Decision Made
LVO for PR Processing: CPC-Mississauga

Thank you!

Reactions: rbector and laxsun

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Please tag @laxsun, @serious_cheese @robertp to update the tracker so that others may have idea what is going on applications sent on same time.

What was the date of the SA letter you have received and did it mention the local visa office where it is going to be processed?
Regarding PCC, apply to only countries where your parents have lived or visited for a duration exceeding six months in one visit. It is not easy to get PCC from many countries. If you cannot get it in around 30 days, just send whatever you have received and explain in the letter.
Thanks so much laxsun. I posted my latest reply before seeing you were already working on it. Much appreciated! I will be tagging senior members going forward to update the tracker and help everyone track their own progress.

SA letter was received on Sept 10, 2021. The local visa office is CPC-Mississauga.

Thanks so much for clarifying the residence duration is on per-visit/trip basis for the PCC requirements. Otherwise, they would have to obtain the PCC from the US, which currently takes 2-4 weeks to process if everything goes smoothly. As you mentioned, it is not easy to get PCC from some countries.

They are working to get the PCC from their native country as we speak. I think that PCC can be obtained within 30 days; if at odd chance it would not be, I will be sure to explain to IRCC by the end of the 30-day window.

Thanks again laxsun.

Reactions: laxsun

prontissimo

Star Member
May 11, 2014

Hi laxsun, could I ask a couple of other questions?

1. Which method may be advised, that I send the requested documents via Webform or email (IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca)? The requested documents from the PA and Spouse were addressed to me as the Sponsor. However, there are no required documents currently outstanding in the PA's IRCC secure account. I have to send the docs in, but am unsure which method may be better.

2. For Details of Military Service - If neither of them served, should I include the form and write "N/A" all across, or simply not submit this form?

Thanks so much!