+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Yes, they did ask for their current address, with the word 'current' underlined. So they are definitely trying to see where they are currently situated. Since my parents were already in Canada, all their addresses reflected the same and I also added an address proof for them here. This helps you avoid getting a PPR -> raising a webform -> them verifying and sending you the portal email. I got the portal email directly. Probably at least saved a couple of weeks of processing time!
Hi, Does anyone know what’s the next process after they send username and password email for PR portal. What happens next ? Does that mean Virtual landing is complete? Or we have to wait for something else? And when will parents be able to apply Health card?

any help would be appreciated here

FMM_Guy

Oct 31, 2017
Fort McMurray
Category........
Hello. I'm on the same boat, and I'm from Alberta as well. I got re-medical request on Aug 5, 2021.

Do you get "Med Approved" message from ECAS??

We've done medical on Aug 12, but we haven't seen any ECAS update. Is it normal?? I checked the GCKey website, it does show "Medical Received" though.
It says medical passed when I logged in into online account.

shailkrish

Apr 26, 2019
Hi All, I haven't received a formal request for PCC but i recently received a SA letter yesterday which states that i can provide them the PCC to cpc

missisauga, should i go ahead and provide them the police clearance certificate? In addition is there a format to submit a resume for parents? Kindly help

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Usually what I gather from this forum is that files (PR) from India are processed either in Mississauga or or New Dehli. Heard about London LVO for india applicants' the first time.
I thought it was very unusual too. Should I call IRCC and let then know?

canindian2019

Jun 3, 2019
Hi all,

Wondering if anybody know of the current travel restrictions for PRs coming from India?
My mother got a PPR last week, and hopefully she will get the visa soon. I am not sure how she will travel to Canada considering the travel suspension currently in effect.

TIA

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi All, I haven't received a formal request for PCC but i recently received a SA letter yesterday which states that i can provide them the PCC to cpc

missisauga, should i go ahead and provide them the police clearance certificate? In addition is there a format to submit a resume for parents? Kindly help
Yes, You can send PCC pro-actively as you are planning.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi all,

Wondering if anybody know of the current travel restrictions for PRs coming from India?
My mother got a PPR last week, and hopefully she will get the visa soon. I am not sure how she will travel to Canada considering the travel suspension currently in effect.

TIA
To my understanding, there is no travel restrictions for anyone coming to Canada since Sep 09.
Only flights from India may not be coming directly.

canindian2019

Jun 3, 2019
To my understanding, there is no travel restrictions for anyone coming to Canada since Sep 09.
Only flights from India may not be coming directly.
Hi Laxsun,
According to cic website, direct flights from india are banned till Sep 21st, not sure if this ban would end or het extended beyond sep 21st.
they can travel through 3rd country and land here in canada, as long as they are fully vaccinated and have negative test results from 3rd country.

just wanted to know if anybody has recent experience travelling from India to Canada?
TIA

BrianDell

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
1 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
6 Jan 2015<br>IP 3 June 2015
Med's Done....
9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
Sponsor Approval letter is dated September 10 and says "the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga." But relative lives in China. Has anyone else been told processing will be at Mississauga even though relative is not in Canada (and in this case never has been)?

Reactions: prontissimo

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Good day, I received a letter from IRCC last week informing I have met my requirements as a sponsor for my mother. Also, in the letter I do see there is a list of documents required which I have already submitted. And there is no timeline associated with submission of these documents.

Do I need to submit any additional documents at this points? She got her biometrics and medicals completed in the last 30 days. The Ecas status is not updated though.

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Hello, is it possible to verify that a medical was uploaded? MyCIC continues to say "We have requested a medical exam" despite it being done two weeks ago. In 5 days the 30 day time limit will be up so am worried about whether it was sent. Obviously it hasn't been reviewed for pass/fail yet but has immigration even received it? Is there any way of knowing that?
Hi, just wondering what happened in your case? Did the medical results get updated? I have the same problem here, the medical results hasn't been updated in the system. Many thanks

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi, just wondering what happened in your case? Did the medical results get updated? I have the same problem here, the medical results hasn't been updated in the system. Many thanks
I also have the same situation. According to the physician medical results were submitted on August 2, but no updates so far. VO is CPC-M.

Reactions: gen_z

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hi all,

TIA
Please book tickets via AbuDhabi, the tickets rates are high, so I would say wait until September 21st (I heard Canadian govt will lift the current flight ban from India). My understanding is there is no travel restrictions for PR and Canadian citizens.

Last edited: