+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
It took 9-10 hours for my Mom’s link. I submitted webforms for both at same time (5-6 mins difference). But didn’t receive for my dad at that time. I waited for 10-11 days . I sent them few emails on different email addresses,tried to contact them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. They replied on twitter and Facebook, requested more information etc, but did nothing, no reply to emails.
Then I filled new webform for dad and received payment link in 9-10 hours at same time as was for mom ( 4:20 AM EST) . I did pay in 2 hours and received AWB No. in next hour. Now both passports are with IRCC.
Second time, it was so quick.
After 15 days , Now I am receiving all emails replies that We hope your query has been resolved lol
When they picked up my mom’s passport, I asked my mom dad to write a note on height and eye colour paper that payment link(along with Pr ref. No. & ticket no.) for courier service for principal applicant not received yet.
Thanks for this information. It's been 12 hours for me since I submitted the webform but haven't got the payment link yet. VFS service is unpredictable and not good.

homecanada

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
I have a question. my mother recently receive the CoPR but not yet received her PR card yet. Can she travel outside Canada and then enter in to Canada with her super visa? I know she has an option to apply for a PR travel document which would allow her to travel in to Canada from a visa office in that country.
No, any other visa visitor or super gets cancelled after taking PR. You can use the travel document option.

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Np :) !
In the same request, we were asked to submit "Proof of address" and PCC for both Mom and Dad - this was on Jul 19th 2021.
After that we got a Biometrics request on Aug 25th.
Hello, the request "proof of address" for your parents is quite new for me. Do you know the reason why they ask for the proof? are your parents still in your home country or in Canada already? Thanks

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Isn't it mandatory to do BM for PR visa?
Yes it is! But on the form we received from VFS , my parents signed on the option : Applicant wish to provide biometrics
Instead of applicant doesn’t wish to provide biometrics. I think they will have their biometrics on Airport when they will land.
Because we didn’t receive any biometrics request. It’s not our mistake.

Reactions: kulb

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Thanks for this information. It's been 12 hours for me since I submitted the webform but haven't got the payment link yet. VFS service is unpredictable and not good.
I received payment link at 4:20 am (canadian time) both times. But i filled webforms at different times. I hope you received it now. If not, I”ll send you email id’s to contact them from which I received replies for my query.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I received payment link at 4:20 am (canadian time) both times. But i filled webforms at different times. I hope you received it now. If not, I”ll send you email id’s to contact them from which I received replies for my query.
Hi, I got the email with the payment link around 2:30 am. I paid the amount Rs.1689 this morning. I understand that the next step is to wait for further email containing airway bill (AWB) number right? Thanks.

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hi, I got the email with the payment link around 2:30 am. I paid the amount Rs.1689 this morning. I understand that the next step is to wait for further email containing airway bill (AWB) number right? Thanks.
Yes. I hope you will receive it until tomorrow.

Reactions: kulb

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Did you pay with Indian credit card? My lawyer asked me to pay with Indian credit card

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hello, the request "proof of address" for your parents is quite new for me. Do you know the reason why they ask for the proof? are your parents still in your home country or in Canada already? Thanks
In 2019 when I submitted the PGP Sponsorship application my parents were here in Canada with me. But, they went back to India in early 2020 and then came back in Dec 2020. I assume the "Proof of address" request was sent since they travelled to India during the application process - but I might be totally wrong!

I submitted my DL as their proof of address along with a letter of explanation quoting their travel dates.

Note: My parents hold "Super Visa"

bparama

Mar 21, 2017
I also got the email for payment around the same time. I paid the amount an hour back. Do you know if we will get the Courier/SMS form along with the AWB bill number in next email? I have searched everywhere but couldn't find the courier/sms form.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Yes it is! But on the form we received from VFS , my parents signed on the option : Applicant wish to provide biometrics
Instead of applicant doesn’t wish to provide biometrics. I think they will have their biometrics on Airport when they will land.
Because we didn’t receive any biometrics request. It’s not our mistake.
Hi,

Which VFS form are you referring to? Consent form? Are you referring to page 4 of this form where it says the following?

Applicants wishing to provide biometrics I confirm that I have reviewed the biometrics validity and requirement tool on the Government of Canada’s website and will be providing my biometric enrolment in accordance with the information provided on the Government of Canada’s website. I have made this decision of my own free will and without any influence or suggestions from the VAC staff.
Name:
Signature:
Date:

Applicants NOT wishing to provide biometrics I confirm that I have reviewed the biometrics validity and requirement tool on the Government of Canada’s website and have decided NOT to provide my biometric enrolment. I have made this choice of my own free will and without any influence or suggestions from the VAC staff. I understand that this may result in the refusal of my application without further communication from IRCC.
Name:
Signature:
Date: