+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Toopybinoo

Aug 20, 2021
You need to tell them in 5 days through webform that your parents are in canada. Otherwise you need to submit passport overseas
What happens if you reply through web form (within 5 dats )telling them that parents are coming back in 10 days to Canada ? Willl they accept it and ask again to prove that parents have arrived in 10 days ? Or will parents now not be able to come back to Canada on their supervisa? Thanks

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry you're not alone... I'm May 9 applicant and No PPR yet.
What's your timeline? Where is your VO?
APP RECEIVED - May 31, 2019
BIOMETRICS DONE - Nov 17, 2019
Medical request - none
PPR-none

VO - Accra

Devang T

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS-- 18-06-2014; DECISION MADE-- 10 JULY, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014; SPOUSE PPR - 18 AUG
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 08, 2014;
So, after 2.5 years they have now requested medical and biometrics. Since my parents are staying with me on visitor and have already done medical for visitor extension 2 months back, I have uploaded the same to medical request for PR. But the status still shows that medical is requested. I am concerned if they are considering visitor extension medical as 30 days time limit will soon going to end for medical submission. Please advise if anybody has gone through the same. Thanks

vsoni

Apr 9, 2017
Hello Friends, Did anyone received PA approval/DM recently for parents not currently in Canada? I wonder if they are processing application for PA/parents who are currently not in Canada and would they transfer file to their hime country, especially after PCC, biometrics and medicals are done.

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I hired a lawyer. But filled all forms by myself for PGP. Even for my citizenship application, I applied myself & received my citizenship certificate 2 years back. The benefits of hiring a lawyer:

1. They don’t need attested copies of all documents (we just gave simple copies)
2. They didn’t ask for resume
3. They didn’t ask for biometrics. Not even done in the past
4. They didn’t ask for relationship docs again & again
5. They didn’t ask for voter id, adhar card etc from backhome country
6. No Notice of assessment again, no option C etc.

We just applied through experienced (18 years experience) lawyer.
1. Received AOR firstly
2. Then received sponsorship approval letter
3. After that medical & pcc request
4. Then received passport request letter
How long ago was this? Biometrics request is new since 2019. Prior to 2019, not all people were required to give biometrics. All of the other points you listed are on a case by case basis. We’ve not been asked for anything you listed other than biometrics. Lawyers and immigration consultants don’t expedite the process. They can advise on complex situations and ensure you have all proper documentation so there are no delays.

Devang T

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS-- 18-06-2014; DECISION MADE-- 10 JULY, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014; SPOUSE PPR - 18 AUG
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 08, 2014;
Is there a anyone who got PR using the medical results for the other previous application(medical for visitor extension/supervisa)?
Hey hi, did you also submitted medical from other application? How did it go? I just submitted medical from my parents visitor extension for their PR application. But there is no update yet for medical received on Ecas.

vsoni

Apr 9, 2017
Hey hi, did you also submitted medical from other application? How did it go? I just submitted medical from my parents visitor extension for their PR application. But there is no update yet for medical received on Ecas.
It usually takes about a week for IRCC to respond to web form inquiries. But with the ongoing Afghanistan issue, it make take a bit longer.

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hi, just saw at mycic that the status of the medicals for my parents has changed to medicals passed. Office is London VO. Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get the passport request after the medicals are passed? (note: we received the medicals just once and that too about 3.5 months back). Thanks

Reactions: Hamied

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
VFS India- fill separate webforms (Only give you option to put 1 for number of passports) and separate envelopes please.
Hey @jittujobyjohn_1985 , I'm in the same situation and am preparing a package for my parents to send to VFS. I made the payment on the payment links after filling up the webform. I have a few questions if you have already sent your parents packages:

1. What is the "Courier and SMS form" and "Consent Form"? In the email from VFS after filling the webform, they asked to have those included in the package too. I can find the consent form in a link but no idea about the courier and sms form.
2. After I did the payment, there was no more details about when the pick up will happen, etc. Did that information get sent to you separately later?
3. Do we have to put stuff into two envelopes ourselves or would the courier people bring their own envelopes?

TIA!

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi, just saw at mycic that the status of the medicals for my parents has changed to medicals passed. Office is London VO. Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get the passport request after the medicals are passed? (note: we received the medicals just once and that too about 3.5 months back). Thanks
My mother's medical passed in May and nothing after that. VO is London.

• Wow
Reactions: taherkhan

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi, Want to ask a quick question.. I want my parents to visit me in November from Pakistan.. They got sinopharm covid vaccine.. Which I don't think Canada accepts it.. So will they be allowed to enter Canada? Do they need to stay in hotel for quarantine? I have a finished basement with seperate entrance.. Will they be allowed to stay in our basement? Thank you in advance
no hotel quarantine anymore. They will have to quarantine in home. Yes they will be allowed to enter Canada as they are parents. Yes basement with separate entrance is good.

Reactions: ANITA JIWANI