+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Sadly, May 2019 application received and still waiting. No medical request, no PPR, nothing! What should I do? it's been more that 2 years :(
Don't worry you're not alone... I'm May 9 applicant and No PPR yet.
What's your timeline? Where is your VO?

Last edited:

CoolTF

Apr 13, 2016
It will not make any difference in your parents' application.
Most important for now is book appoint for biometrics and medical where they can go now.
You can send IRCC webform to change the address but it will take time to get it done by IRCC.
Thank you very much!

Reactions: laxsun

canindian2019

Jun 3, 2019
@laxsun @robertp

Finally, received PPR

line 272: canindian
PPR received : Aug 31, 2021

Question: one of the documents requested- fee receipt (right to PR fee). I paid this fee back in 2019. Wondering if i still need to attach this receipt or is it only applicable for those paying it now? The reason i ask, because the fee receipt does not show any link to the PR application. I would hope they have already linked my fee to the application back in 2019. Is that correct.
TIA

Reactions: laxsun

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Is there guide/docs how to show assets (land/house/belongings) when landing in Canada?

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Oh...that is what I thought...try to push it through webform your case can be under emergency circumstances
thanks, i did ..
they email back saying they are working on spouses cases as far as i know there are not that many cases for spouses from Afghanistan

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hello everyone,
For all those who have been successful in their PGP applications/faster processing, I am trying to understand if they had a lawyer who could have expedited the process. Do we know? I don't have a lawyer but all our paperwork and documentation have been excellent for this and all the past immigration our own citizenship application. Feel like this wait is so long and don't know if having the lawyer could have fastened the process. Any advice?
I hired a lawyer. But filled all forms by myself for PGP. Even for my citizenship application, I applied myself & received my citizenship certificate 2 years back. The benefits of hiring a lawyer:

1. They don’t need attested copies of all documents (we just gave simple copies)
2. They didn’t ask for resume
3. They didn’t ask for biometrics. Not even done in the past
4. They didn’t ask for relationship docs again & again
5. They didn’t ask for voter id, adhar card etc from backhome country
6. No Notice of assessment again, no option C etc.

We just applied through experienced (18 years experience) lawyer.
1. Received AOR firstly
2. Then received sponsorship approval letter
3. After that medical & pcc request
4. Then received passport request letter

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
could you please tell me which letter did you upload for 'Please upload your Passport Submission Letter as sent by IRCC :' in webform for dependent as dependent UCI is not mentioned on PPR request as it is addressed to principal applicant only.
Where do you fill UCI ? I didn’t see any option for UCI . it was just application no., not Uci and i uploaded same letter for both and sent their passports

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
@laxsun @robertp
re-medical passed date 23 August

One question, My parents are planning to come here in the end of September, they may receive passport request around same time.
Is it possible to travel after passport request (and dont submit passport) and request to submit passport from here in Canada.
You need to tell them in 5 days through webform that your parents are in canada. Otherwise you need to submit passport overseas

Reactions: YRJ

FMM_Guy

Oct 31, 2017
Fort McMurray
Category........
Received a request from IRCC to submit a Aadhar Card and Voter ID card for my Parents. I have an issue with my Mom's Voter ID card. Her name is not matching with other documents. We already provided all document for corrections but still we didn't received new Voter ID card. I need to submit all these documents with in one month. Do I need to submit a explanation letter with it?

LianeC

Oct 9, 2018
Can someone please help me. They requested medical and police certificate on September 1st, we are from Cuba and due to COVID everything is closed. In the letter they don't state if you need more time please email back or anything similar, but we need more time. Can someone please guide me with what forms I should submit to request more time? and how long does it take for them to reply? Thank you

ANITA JIWANI

Jul 16, 2011
Hi, Want to ask a quick question.. I want my parents to visit me in November from Pakistan.. They got sinopharm covid vaccine.. Which I don't think Canada accepts it.. So will they be allowed to enter Canada? Do they need to stay in hotel for quarantine? I have a finished basement with seperate entrance.. Will they be allowed to stay in our basement? Thank you in advance

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hired a lawyer. But filled all forms by myself for PGP. Even for my citizenship application, I applied myself & received my citizenship certificate 2 years back. The benefits of hiring a lawyer:

1. They don’t need attested copies of all documents (we just gave simple copies)
2. They didn’t ask for resume
3. They didn’t ask for biometrics. Not even done in the past
4. They didn’t ask for relationship docs again & again
5. They didn’t ask for voter id, adhar card etc from backhome country
6. No Notice of assessment again, no option C etc.

We just applied through experienced (18 years experience) lawyer.
1. Received AOR firstly
2. Then received sponsorship approval letter
3. After that medical & pcc request
4. Then received passport request letter
Sometimes it is all about good timing, having a lawyer does not change your processing time. Nothing a lawyer can do for you than you cannot do for yourself.