+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
last time (around a month ago) when I called they confirmed that the application is still in CPC-Mississauga. I did not receive any communication after Med passed (June17). If the application transfer to the other offices should we get a notification or a letter?
Also I submitted PCC back in Feb 2020 proactively and still didn't ask for another one.
My parents also hav valid biometric and they didn't ask for another one.
I just hope if they need any additional document just request them all together.
I am so disappointed from all the process
Have you received sponsorship eligibility approval letter? If your file is transferred to any local visa office it should mention in that letter.
I had also submitted PCC in Jan. 2021 proactively but they requested it again in May 2021. My parents also have valid biometrics.

salomi24

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
thanks, any idea, how much time do we get once the passport gets stamped to land in Canada ?
@adamparkar Did you submit separate webform for passport submission of both your parents or one webform for both parent's passport?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If your parents did a medical in the past 5 years and are currently in Canada and have not left Canada for more than 6 months, then they may have got the exemption under this new temporary policy.

Here is more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html
Very unlikely to happen. Canada wants to ensure that applicants for PGP don’t have any “recent” health changes before they get PR. This is primarily for those who have had access to provincial healthcare system while they’ve been in Canada. They can see whether you have been using the healthcare system by looking at the billing records. More accurate than doing an immigration medical exam.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any ideas about this?
If they are out of the country they will be either asked to send their passports to offices in their home country for stamping or to notify IRCC when they have returned to Canada and then do a virtual landing. If you lie and say they are in Canada when they aren’t then they’ll need to get a PRTD to return because their supervisa will get cancelled.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Very unlikely to happen. Canada wants to ensure that applicants for PGP don’t have any “recent” health changes before they get PR. This is primarily for those who have had access to provincial healthcare system while they’ve been in Canada. They can see whether you have been using the healthcare system by looking at the billing records. More accurate than doing an immigration medical exam.
The person who asked, his parents got medical passed without doing any pgp medicals. So thats why I shared thia policy because i thought IRCC might have given them exemption under this policy.
You are right that they would consider it based on each case, a lot of people whose parents are in Canada and they did previous medicals inside Canada, they have been asked for re-medicals and some people got extension (my parents got extension too).
The policy i think will most likely apply to young people already in Canada i.e. work permit holders.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The person who asked, his parents got medical passed without doing any pgp medicals. So thats why I shared thia policy because i thought IRCC might have given them exemption under this policy.
You are right that they would consider it based on each case, a lot of people whose parents are in Canada and they did previous medicals inside Canada, they have been asked for re-medicals and some people got extension (my parents got extension too).
The policy i think will most likely apply to young people already in Canada i.e. work permit holders.
Medicals have always been valid for a year. Many on supervisas have often done a medical for an extension within the year. As specified the policy is primarily for those using provincial health insurance because IRCC can request to see their use of medical care in the province. That is a better way to determine future use of medical care.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Medicals have always been valid for a year. Many on supervisas have often done a medical for an extension within the year. As specified the policy is primarily for those using provincial health insurance because IRCC can request to see their use of medical care in the province. That is a better way to determine future use of medical care.
But in this person’s case they never did any medical in last 1 year neither for pgp nor for any visitor/super visa.
And i know someone else whose parents did their last medical for super visa in 2018 (3 years ago) and they have got the letter that you are exempted under this new policy. So this policy is not specifically for people who are covered under provincial health care, the officeres decide case by case.
They have not mentioned anywhere in the policy that people who are covered under provincial health care are only ones eligible under this exemption.

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
@robertp @YuliaYulia @laxsun @serious_cheese
---------------
Re-mediical request: July 22nd, 2021
Medical passed : Aug 6th, 2021
From applicans' eCas: below 2 new lines:
"We started processing your application on August 21, 2021."
"We sent you correspondence on August 21, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required"

Not received this latest correspondence yet.

-------------------

@JULIA2006 @robertp @laxsun

December 21, 2019: Passed the medical exam.

December 7, 2019: Emailed PCC, CV, IMM5562 and passport

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

Toopybinoo

Aug 20, 2021
If they are out of the country they will be either asked to send their passports to offices in their home country for stamping or to notify IRCC when they have returned to Canada and then do a virtual landing. If you lie and say they are in Canada when they aren’t then they’ll need to get a PRTD to return because their supervisa will get cancelled.
Thanks for your input. Obviously I wouldn’t risk lying to IRCC , but if I tell them that they are coming in a week and get them tickets to return to Canada, will IRCC be ok for them to enter Canada on their supervisa and then do the virtual landing once they are back?Because if they are asked to submit passports in home country that’s going to take too long and they don’t want to risk sending their passports over there.
Also please what’s a PRTD?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your input. Obviously I wouldn’t risk lying to IRCC , but if I tell them that they are coming in a week and get them tickets to return to Canada, will IRCC be ok for them to enter Canada on their supervisa and then do the virtual landing once they are back?Because if they are asked to submit passports in home country that’s going to take too long and they don’t want to risk sending their passports over there.
Also please what’s a PRTD?
If they ask if they are in the country I would ask if they can return immediately and could delaying the virtual passport for something like a month be possible. Not sure whether they will agree or not. PRTD is a permanent resident travel document. originally when doing virtual landings IRCC didn’t check that people were still in the country and so people people ended up outside Canada without the ability to come to Canada without applying for a PRTD. PRs need a PR card or PRTD to travel to Canada.

andy4u

Apr 1, 2019
Hi Guys, need a little help.
I got married while waiting for PGP 2019. How do notify CIC of the change and which forms do I need to fill again ?

mghchdh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Med's Request
23-02-2017
thanks, any idea, how much time do we get once the passport gets stamped to land in Canada ?
the time is based on the expiry date of medicals or passport which ever one comes sooner.
Medicals are valid for 1 year only so the time you get is up to expiry date of medicals.

Good luck.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you received sponsorship eligibility approval letter? If your file is transferred to any local visa office it should mention in that letter.
I had also submitted PCC in Jan. 2021 proactively but they requested it again in May 2021. My parents also have valid biometrics.
ECAS shows it was sent july 06 but i didn't receive it. Did follow up and get tired of calling and hearing wait wait wait...but I should call again

hussy74

Dec 15, 2014
New update for me after a long time Permanent Residence Application Status :
  1. We started processing XXXXX application on August 3, 2021.
Decision made for sponsorship application. No medical request received.
Application received June 24.