+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

samanariya

Oct 23, 2019
At last received pre arrival service letter on 21/8 and request for new travel history, Schedule A, payment for PR and medicals for PA and spouse on 20/8. suddenly Colombo seems to be moving on high gear. please update the spreadsheet @robertp @laxsun

Reactions: caninfoseeker

zedman

Dec 1, 2017
Sponsorship Application for Parents,
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 17, 2019
  • AoR Received : August 13, 2019
  • Sponsorship In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: September 11, 2019
  • Sponsorship Approval Letter: September 16, 2019 (CPC-Mississauga)
  • Principal Applicant In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Bio Metric Request Date : September 10, 2019
  • Bio Metric Completed Date: September 12, 2019
  • Medical Request Date: September 12, 2019
  • Medical Passed Date: December 31, 2019
  • Re-Medical Request Date: July 23, 2021
  • Re-Medical Passed Date: August 19, 2021
  • Principal Applicant Decision Made Date:
  • Passport Request (PPR) Date:
  • MyCIC Update: Sponsor: Decision Made and Principal Applicant: In Process

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@serious_cheese
Is there any update on your application ?
My parents med passed june 17 and nothing after that.
How about you?

Hello, is it possible to verify that a medical was uploaded? MyCIC continues to say "We have requested a medical exam" despite it being done two weeks ago. In 5 days the 30 day time limit will be up so am worried about whether it was sent. Obviously it hasn't been reviewed for pass/fail yet but has immigration even received it? Is there any way of knowing that?
The doctors office can confirm they submitted the medical. There is a backlog when it comes to reviewing the medicals by the IRCC medical unit. Used to take under a week to get medical passed or sent to determine whether further medical tests were required. Now it usually takes over a month. As long as the doctors office has confirmed they sent in the medicals you’re fine.

Reactions: Vbp86 and BrianDell

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
Anybody received recently gcms notes?how long it will take now ? I am waiting two months and still nothing...
Ordered July 19, got it on Aug 19.
I applied multiple times, always got it around 30 days.

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hi guys,
We're having a weird summer. After more that a year of total silence we've got:
On June 12, 2021 - request to re-do medical for my mom,
On July 17, 2021 - death certificate for my dad;
On August 21, 2021 - request for translated copy of mother's labour book.
Today - pre-arrival letter...

I wonder, should we finally expect passport request after labour book or should we expect some other docs' requests?
Anyone is/was in the same situation?

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
hello all.

I have in weird situation now.

CPC-M asking for Bio Metrics now, they are asking to complete this bio metrics within 30 days.

However, there is no appointment available within 30 days in my city and the other VFS that is farther away from my city.

I am not sure what to do.

Any advice.

Thank you.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone confirm?

In my parents ecase, after years of no update other than we have recieved your application, suddenly shows medical passed. We didn't not get DM1 letter or medical request.

A friend mentioned that due to covid, they could be using old medical exam if we have done one for other visa apps, such as supervisa, which we did, maybe 2-3 years ago.

I can't find any info, has anyone seen any announcements or in same situation?

Thanks

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Can anyone confirm?

In my parents ecase, after years of no update other than we have recieved your application, suddenly shows medical passed. We didn't not get DM1 letter or medical request.

A friend mentioned that due to covid, they could be using old medical exam if we have done one for other visa apps, such as supervisa, which we did, maybe 2-3 years ago.

I can't find any info, has anyone seen any announcements or in same situation?

Thanks
If your parents did a medical in the past 5 years and are currently in Canada and have not left Canada for more than 6 months, then they may have got the exemption under this new temporary policy.

Here is more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/temporary-public-policy-exempting-some-foreign-nationals-canada-requiring-immigration-medical-exam.html

Reactions: kkim604

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
hello all.

I have in weird situation now.

CPC-M asking for Bio Metrics now, they are asking to complete this bio metrics within 30 days.

However, there is no appointment available within 30 days in my city and the other VFS that is farther away from my city.

I am not sure what to do.

Any advice.

Thank you.
Book the earliest appointment that you are getting and then send a webform to IRCC informing them about it.
A lot of peopke are not getting bio appointments in 30 days, you just need to inform IRCC about the delay.