+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Hi, can I ask how long it took for NDVO to process application. Our application is recently transferred to NDVO and exams shows application received. Appreciate your help!
We got sponsorship approval in Oct 2020 & the file was moved to NDVO that time . In march, they requested medical & pcc and we received pre-arrival services letter along with medical pcc. After almost 5 months, our status for PA is DM.
We didn’t receive biometrics request . I don’t know why. We paid for it upfront. But we didn’t receive biometrics request.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just talked to an agent and he said ignore the message. We received their medical results and they are reviewing so you will get an update after few days.. thanks
There is a backlog when it comes to doctors (or other healthcare professionals) reviewing medicals so it is taking longer to see medicals passed or request for further testing. It will likely take longer than a few days. More like a few weeks. As long as the results have been submitted by the doctor before the date it isn’t an issue. Medicals are initially sorted into no medical issue (medicals are passed) or potential medical issue that needs further review by the IRCC doctor to determine whether there is a need for further testing, whether the issue is not an expensive issue and medical is passed or whether an applicant will be sent a PFL.

Reactions: Vbp86

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my mother got her medical done last week, but doctor didn’t advice if there was any action on our part. Wondering if I am missing something? He didn’t give us anything to upload.
No the doctor sends in the medical. You will be contacted if any further testing is required.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We got sponsorship approval in Oct 2020 & the file was moved to NDVO that time . In march, they requested medical & pcc and we received pre-arrival services letter along with medical pcc. After almost 5 months, our status for PA is DM.
We didn’t receive biometrics request . I don’t know why. We paid for it upfront. But we didn’t receive biometrics request.
Have you done biometrics as part of a previous application? If you don’t need the biometrics because you’ve already done it in the past you will be refunded. It should be done automatically but if not send in a webform indicating that you paid for the biometrics but never needed to submit them. Would ensure that your application is approved before requesting a refund unless you know you have done the biometrics in the past 10 years.

Fmin99

Aug 16, 2021
No

No it only said:

B) IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN CANADA, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada. Please include each person’s name/UCI and where they are currently staying/residing (in Canada or overseas).
My situation is same as yours.

Bparekh

Oct 27, 2020
Thank you. I got sponsorship approval in Jan 2021. Our file was moved to NVDO in July 2021. It shows application received in exams for PA. All requirements except Medicaid are done. Hoping to receive something soon.

Reactions: anu_grewal

Husazi01

Sep 3, 2016
Would you please let me know when you received any IRCC email or phone call?
We received the passport request letter in an email on the 14th of June and ecas show decision made the next day. No further communication. I wrote to Warsaw office if anything was missing, and they wrote back saying everything is in order and asked to wait. I was under stress because my mother had to travel, and she could not because we told them my mother is in Canada.

When did you receive the passport request letter?

Fmin99

Aug 16, 2021
We received the passport request letter in an email on the 14th of June and ecas show decision made the next day. No further communication. I wrote to Warsaw office if anything was missing, and they wrote back saying everything is in order and asked to wait. I was under stress because my mother had to travel, and she could not because we told them my mother is in Canada.

When did you receive the passport request letter?
the first week of July

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi everyone
My parents passed Medical on Feb. 1, 2021 and submitted PCC, travel history on June 21 and the local visa office (Ankara) confirmed the receipt of PCC. However the background check status in my CIC account shows:

Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
I wonder if background check always changes to in progress before getting the DM2?
Thanks!

g_gurna

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
@robertp @laxsun
I have a question if anyone can answer. I received biometrics request on Aug 13th, I haven't received any PCC request or SA letter or any other form. Am I suppose to receive SA letter after DM for Sponsor? Status turned to DM after a day of receiving Biometrics request. Although I sent them PCC for all 3 applicants on Aug 9th, then on 13th I received biometrics.
June 18th Applicant
Thank you

Reactions: laxsun

julicanada

Aug 17, 2021
tried my luck emailing the Mexico office in regards to my week-old Decision Made for PA with no PPR, asking if they by any chance had sent it and it didn't reach our mailbox... they just said they didn't send it yet. :confused:

can we really consider this in the bag? I see some people in the same situation on the tracker that had the PPR but the tracker hasn't been updated, and some that haven't logged on anymore.
How long after the medical exam the status changed to 'medical passed'? Mexico is the office for my parents and their medical results was submitted yesterday.