+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hi everyone
My parents passed Medical on Feb. 1, 2021 and submitted PCC, travel history on June 21 and the local visa office (Ankara) confirmed the receipt of PCC. However the background check status in my CIC account shows:

Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
I wonder if background check always changes to in progress before getting the DM2?
Thanks!
mine changed to in process over 2 months ago and no updates so far, more than 6 months after medical pass date!

RickKansal

May 25, 2021
Hello,
I just got the passport request for my parents. So glad.

I have a question about the passport submission process, my mother is primary applicant and PPR is also under mother's name. So how do I submit the web form for my father's passport? Can I use the same PPR letter, same application number?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
That's so frustrating. That's strange that your BG started a while ago without asking for PCC!

They asked for new PCC (Although I had sent it earlier in Jan. 2021), travel history, ... in May but my background check has not started yet! that makes me worried that they forgot about my application again! I was just on the phone with my case manager at my MP office and his most recent update was just the same file status that I can see on my CIC account.
I email Ankara every week and always get the same stupid response to be patient!
They work in a really random way. They ask for PCC from one applicant and start BG check for another applicant.
They even asked for divorce certificate from another applicant who's parents are not divorced!
Ankara LVO is a huge MESS!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@robertp @laxsun
I have a question if anyone can answer. I received biometrics request on Aug 13th, I haven't received any PCC request or SA letter or any other form. Am I suppose to receive SA letter after DM for Sponsor? Status turned to DM after a day of receiving Biometrics request. Although I sent them PCC for all 3 applicants on Aug 9th, then on 13th I received biometrics.
June 18th Applicant
Thank you
Normally SA letter is issued in the date of DM1 but you may have wait few days to receive it.

Adelina2091

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Sponsorship application decision made on July 27th, and still no any emails about it. How long it will take to get letter about decision? They didn't answer on my webform request, already sent two...

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sponsorship application decision made on July 27th, and still no any emails about it. How long it will take to get letter about decision? They didn't answer on my webform request, already sent two...
Mine was July 6 and still didn't receive ASLetter.
The agent said it my take to 4 weeks to receive . Mine past and didn't receive it yet. Tired of follow up for every single step..

Reactions: mintmint

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's so frustrating. That's strange that your BG started a while ago without asking for PCC!

They asked for new PCC (Although I had sent it earlier in Jan. 2021), travel history, ... in May but my background check has not started yet! that makes me worried that they forgot about my application again! I was just on the phone with my case manager at my MP office and his most recent update was just the same file status that I can see on my CIC account.
I email Ankara every week and always get the same stupid response to be patient!
They work in a really random way. They ask for PCC from one applicant and start BG check for another applicant.
They even asked for divorce certificate from another applicant who's parents are not divorced!
Ankara LVO is a huge MESS!
Background check for my parents file is in process from at least 1 year ago I can't rmember when it changed. I submitted PCC Feb 2020 proactively it may changed after that or was the same from beginning. Med was requested in June 2021 and passed june 17 no other document. DM1 june 8 and I think still is in CPC M. As I didn't have SA letter. Overall by checking this forum and tracker every day, I think Not only Ankara all other offices are huge Mess. Thet just touch a file and leave it there for another 3 to 6 month to come back to the same file and request something els. They just want to but time...I don't believe they activity working on one file to complete. Every thing is random and they try to just show that your file is in process .so disappointing and frustrating .
I just wish for all a fast process before it get to late. Our parents are old and this is our right to have them here sooner than later.

Reactions: Roya-FSW

Adelina2091

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Mine was July 6 and still didn't receive ASLetter.
The agent said it my take to 4 weeks to receive . Mine past and didn't receive it yet. Tired of follow up for every single step..
In principle applicant it says that my father will receive mail which was sent on July 27th. I think it is a mail with decision. Do you have any similar message in your ecas?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Background check for my parents file is in process from at least 1 year ago I can't rmember when it changed. I submitted PCC Feb 2020 proactively it may changed after that or was the same from beginning. Med was requested in June 2021 and passed june 17 no other document. DM1 june 8 and I think still is in CPC M. As I didn't have SA letter. Overall by checking this forum and tracker every day, I think Not only Ankara all other offices are huge Mess. Thet just touch a file and leave it there for another 3 to 6 month to come back to the same file and request something els. They just want to but time...I don't believe they activity working on one file to complete. Every thing is random and they try to just show that your file is in process .so disappointing and frustrating .
I just wish for all a fast process before it get to late. Our parents are old and this is our right to have them here sooner than later.
My background check was in process from Aug. 2019 until November 2020 until I received SA letter and my file was transferred to Ankara; and then it changed to "background check has not started yet!"
I totally agree with you. reviewing a complete sponsorship application after medical, PCC, etc. takes maximum an hour or so but they intentionally delay it for several months!