+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
I see a little mix up here.
So your parent's application is in CPC-Mississauga that is rax7187#1 on line 460?
Can you please confirm.
Parents application is handled by NDVO that is rax7187#1. No update on that application.

In laws application approved and dependent received stamped visa and COPR.

Reactions: laxsun

d hu

Aug 2, 2021
we submitted pgp in June 2019. received letter for medical in Oct 22, 2020. medical result was submitted in about a week and progress showed passed. No progress until today, they removed the passed medical result and asked us to resubmit new medical check.

There are still about 3 months for the original result to expire, we were hoping to get visa before it expires. I wanted send a request but noticed the web form is not available any more. Anything we can do? Neet to travel about 300km for medical check and it is hard due to the pandamic.

Our case is processed at Mississauga.

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
After about 24 months, our file got an update from NDVO. Parents and Sibling in India. Medical received for Applicant and Dependant on 28th June. I hope with this we will have some real and quick progress to PPR.

Reactions: nguyentu2001

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
The immigration consultant advised to just sent a webform notice. I never paid attention to it as it had noted nickname, alias etc. completely missed maiden name there.

My mother must have used it 41 years ago i.e. before marriage, however all official documents (passport, birth certificate etc.) has no mention of it. Hence it never came to mind. The name in the application matches exactly with the official documents.

Happy to hear everyone's thoughts on this or if anyone else experienced this?
I don’t think this is that big of a deal. Just send a webform to advise of the omission. When we put in our interest to sponsor form we spelled my mother in law’s first name incorrectly because she just changed the spelling of her name and has been using it for over 20 years. My husband had no idea about this until she went to get a passport and they wouldn’t let her get one with that spelling because it wasn’t legal. All of the birth certificates for him and his siblings also have the incorrect spelling. It was this whole fiasco to try to change everything but in the end, we just sent a letter of explanation and they accepted this. She will legally change her name once she’s here.

mgentleman

Sep 14, 2017
Hello all,
Application received June 26th, 2019,
AOR December 12th
Started processing March 22nd, 2021
Biometrics request July 5th - done July 27th received email from VFS Global that my application has has been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on 7/27/2021 5:07:02 PM for processing.
Medical request received on July 9th, 2021, done July 27th, and I just linked the app today and I could see that the Medical is passed on July 29th
I have two questions ( one might seem a bit dumb :) ):
in the top right section: biometrics details are still blank, and in the biometrics section it is written the following:
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Question 1: So Should I assume that it is just "in process" after VFS dispatch, my mom has the paper document IM5756 with added details about the biometrics ID, so I'm wondering if she needs to mail or scan/email this document to IRCC?
Question 2: what are the next steps? I live in QC

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
hi @laxsun

Do you know why IRCC ask for my parent's current address?
They Started processing my parent's application on 2021-07-16
Im waiting for PA DM ...

Thanks

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello all,
Application received June 26th, 2019,
AOR December 12th
Started processing March 22nd, 2021
Biometrics request July 5th - done July 27th received email from VFS Global that my application has has been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on 7/27/2021 5:07:02 PM for processing.
Medical request received on July 9th, 2021, done July 27th, and I just linked the app today and I could see that the Medical is passed on July 29th
I have two questions ( one might seem a bit dumb :) ):
in the top right section: biometrics details are still blank, and in the biometrics section it is written the following:
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Question 1: So Should I assume that it is just "in process" after VFS dispatch, my mom has the paper document IM5756 with added details about the biometrics ID, so I'm wondering if she needs to mail or scan/email this document to IRCC?
Question 2: what are the next steps? I live in QC

Many thanks in advance
Did you ever receive sponsorship approval letter?

mgentleman

Sep 14, 2017
Did you ever receive sponsorship approval letter?
In my AOR email it was a sentence in the PDF document mentioning that my application had been accepted under 2019 cap
But apparently I need a formal SA to be able to submit for CSQ?
My sponsor status is decision made :)

Last edited: