+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

tcinto

Jul 28, 2021
Biometric request received today, how long it usually takes for medical request?
I don't have an answer, but a similar question -- which is that my parent has received a medical request, but no biometric request yet. I did pay the biometric fee up front. Is there any way of knowing when the other request might arrive? Most seem to get the biometric first, so I'm not sure why our application is different. Since my mother will have to travel for the medical, I'd love to have her do both in the same trip to a nearby big city.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Thanks for your reply. You’re right things can get more complicated with this change. I will call IRCC and see what would be the best approach.
Do you know anyone who had picked up visas from Ankara via a travel agency after the pandemic? I checked the thread; it looks like all the examples are prior to the pandemic, when it was possible to submit passports in person. I would be grateful to get some info about the process and the timeline.
I'm sorry I don't know anyone. You are probably right I didn't know that Ankara accept mailed in passports not in person delivery...

ahossain3

Oct 9, 2011
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Greetings everyone, I was wondering if anyone have had any recent update/s in the regards to the PGP 2019 applications that are waiting for final decision from Singapore VO ? Or any new updates from Singapore VO ?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
My parents got their medical extended on July 24th (it shows medicals passed on July 24th - previous medical was passed on Feb 06, 2020).
They are in Canada since Dec 2019 and now they are going out of Canada for 1.5 month.
Should I inform IRCC that they are leaving Canada for 45 days?
I am afraid if I inform them, they will delay the process in case its getting finalized, and also they take lot of time to update change of addresses. Since the trip will be short, i am not sure if that needs to be updated.
If we get the call for virtual landing while parents are outside, Can we tell the officer that they will be back on this date and virtual landing to be processed after that ?
We waited a lot but now its something urgent thats why parents need to go.
Please share your suggestions!

I have a very similar situation , my parents are leaving for 8 weeks and can come back as soon as we will see some movement they past their med on june 17 no movement after. I am not sure if i need to change the address
Can someone please suggest us about this?

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Regarding your question about virtual landing for your parents... If I were you I would have never done that because the immigration system is extremely slow and dumb and just sending this request to them and confusing them could cost you another 6 months or a year.
If you search this thread you'll find some posts about reliable travel agencies in Tehran which people have used to send their passports to Ankara for visa. I have not heard of any issues with that and is not that expensive. I've done it before for super visa.
i guess you can not send passports by post across border

Reactions: Roya-FSW

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello, current status here is Sponsorship: Decision Made (made within last couple days), PR application: In Process
ECAS says application received, June 25, 2019 and "started processing your application on November 25, 2020."

Biometrics were requested July 20 and medical on July 26.

My question is should I be worried about the sponsored person's address appearing on the biometric letter and the medical as the sponsoree's Canadian address? The sponsoree has never been to Canada (yet). The request is also coming from CPC Mississauga instead of an overseas visa office. Should I try let to someone know the applicant is not in Canada? Would it simply be made obvious when biometic and medical is received from a China site? I don't know how they got the Canadian address associated with an applicant in China. The China address is admittedly hard to make sense of. Could processing at Mississauga just be a China thing?

The second problem is with the biometrics. The collection centre in China could only get one fingerprint on the left hand. The centre says they will submit that way and see what happens. Has anyone else ever had this problem?

For various reasons related to China's strict centralized quarantine for every visit and the applicant needing moving assistance it would be more convenient to bring her over about 15 months from now than this year. But as it stands now she has to arrive at the very latest by August 26, 2022, right? Cuz she's got 30 days to do the medical and then has to arrive within 12 months of that unless the government halts processing and the medical expires right?
No need to worry for the address mistake by CIC. If you send webform request they can correct that easily in few months.
Biometrics and Medical done in China are valid as done in Canada. Remember that appointment for IME takes few days even in Canada.

1tintin2

May 16, 2019
What documents were asked and did they assign file number starting with F for the case?
They did. My line is updated which additional form they requested.
Yesterday they sent the biometric request. Ecas says In Process, today, ecas is showing "decision made". i am yet to receive the medical request.

Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
They did. My line is updated which additional form they requested.
Yesterday they sent the biometric request. Ecas says In Process, today, ecas is showing "decision made". i am yet to receive the medical request.
Thank you. Updated tracker.
I think the AOR must have combined with the additional doc request.
Keep checking your email for SA letter that comes after few days.
When did you receive invitation to apply? April 24, 25 or 26?

Reactions: 1tintin2

vn69313

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you. Updated tracker.
I think the AOR must have combined with the additional doc request.
Keep checking your email for SA letter that comes after few days.
When did you receive invitation to apply? April 24, 25 or 26?
In my case, I"m still waiting for SA letter more than 1 month after DM1, and I saw ppl in the same situation still waiting :(
Hopefully, this is not a case of @1tintin2

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Is this a new requirement from Ankara? Do you have a link? I know travel agencies are still doing the passport pickup service and nothing stated here:
https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/turkey-turquie/offices-bureaux/2020-05-disruptions-interruption.aspx?lang=eng
No I don't have any reference for that, I thought that's what you said!
If they are not accepting in person passport pickup and drop off then it has to be mailed and apparently we cannot mail passports to Ankara from Iran. If someone doesn't do it through travel agencies then has to go to Ankara and mail it from there. That was my impression