+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

cece2016

Mar 8, 2016
I submitted the application on June 14, 2019 and the sponsorship portion is still in progress since January 2020. Anyone here on the same boat? I don't know what to do rather than waiting. Anyone can advice?

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted the application on June 14, 2019 and the sponsorship portion is still in progress since January 2020. Anyone here on the same boat? I don't know what to do rather than waiting. Anyone can advice?

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 21, 2019.

This is all I've been seeing for past 2 years? sigh...

Reactions: Debdas1

ColinZeal

May 19, 2021
Hi guys,
Can anyone please explain what's the difference between "medical done" and "medical passed"???
"Medical done" means when the PA has done the medical exam. They can pass the exam or not. "Medical passed" means the PA passed the exam, and the date when it happens is the "medical passed date".

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
"Medical done" means when the PA has done the medical exam. They can pass the exam or not. "Medical passed" means the PA passed the exam, and the date when it happens is the "medical passed date".
Thank you for your reply!!!
Just to clarify PA means "physician authorized" or "principal applicant" ?
We have "medical passed" date, so I assume now we should expect DM and passport request.....

Last edited:

shaks999

Jul 31, 2018
@laxsun @robertp

My parents did their medical on June 17 but dad was asked to come back for sputum tests due to chest xray not being clear. He did that a couple of weeks ago. Now received an email from IRCC asking us to contact the clinic "for next steps". Has anyone seen that? I have emailed the clinic but haven't received a response yet. What could be potential next steps? We haven't seen any status update on ecas/ircc sites - does that mean this would be a "long delay" in the application?

June 2019 applicant here..

Thanks!

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
@laxsun @robertp

My parents did their medical on June 17 but dad was asked to come back for sputum tests due to chest xray not being clear. He did that a couple of weeks ago. Now received an email from IRCC asking us to contact the clinic "for next steps". Has anyone seen that? I have emailed the clinic but haven't received a response yet. What could be potential next steps? We haven't seen any status update on ecas/ircc sites - does that mean this would be a "long delay" in the application?

Thanks!
I assume USUALLY if they contacted you just 1-3 weeks after sputum tests done, possibly the TB test is positive and he needs treatment, It can take 6 months or 2 years (antidrug virus).

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
@laxsun @robertp

Thanks!
I am in the similar situation. My mom did her medical test on June 23, but after a few days (on July 5) we received a call from clinic that chest X-ray is not clear. We called 1-888-242-2100, 2-1-3-0 and the lady said that that on her end the medical was passed on July 6:confused:
No emails, no updates on ecas so far....