+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rawfile

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
leaving Canada will not impact her visitor visa and it is good till its expiry date. She can re-enter Canada provided her visitor visa is still valid for 6 months or more (there may be exceptions too).

Regarding the application to extend the stay, you can withdraw the applications and ask for a refund if they haven't started working on the extension.
Thank you @Paul09 for your response. But if the application to extend the stay is withdrawn, it would mean she stayed over 6 months in Canada without approval. Please advise.

I just want to make sure this shouldn't impact her PR process approval or when they land in Canada on PR.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Thank you @Paul09 for your response. But if the application to extend the stay is withdrawn, it would mean she stayed over 6 months in Canada without approval. Please advise.

I just want to make sure this shouldn't impact her PR process approval or when they land in Canada on PR.
The first thing your need to check what type of visa she has. Regular Visa (good for 6 months or until the date notes by the CBSA officer on the arrival stamp) or SuperVisa (good for 2 years or until the date notes by the CBSA officer on the arrival stamp).

Now to answer your question, if you applied for Extenssion before the expiration of valid status, you are good.

Application withdrawn
If the extension application is withdrawn, on the date the withdrawal is registered, there is no longer a pending application for an extension. Therefore, the period of authorized stay ends on that date.

Sourse:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

Reactions: rawfile

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Congratulations!
If your parents are going to do quarantine, most of the hotels have shuttle service from the airport. You can see and talk with them in the designated area while they are staying in the hotel.
I see. thats great to know i can at least still see them, thank you!

TT222

Sep 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

COPR for my parents was issued before March 18, 2020 ; however due to covid they couldn't travel and the COPR is expired now.

We received and email (sub: Are you able to travel to canada soon?) on Jan 12, 2021 saying that IRCC was able to extend your medical exam validity and reply to the email within 10 days ONLY if you are sure you could travel to canada before May 31, 2021. As my parents were not prepared to travel at that time, so we didn't reply to the email.

Now as per the new update on IRCC website
"We’ve already contacted most people with expired COPRs issued on or before March 18, 2020, to explain what to do. If we already sent you instructions to do a new medical or submit updated documents, follow them and wait for us to tell you what happens next. You don’t need to contact us again.

We’re also working to contact anyone else with expired COPRs, including those issued after March 18, 2020.

What happens next:

• We’ll send you an email about your application.
  • If you answer the email and tell us you still want to come to Canada, we’ll tell you what to do next.
  • We may ask you for new medicals and/or updated information.
  • If you don’t respond, we’ll keep your file closed and you’ll have to reapply when you’re ready to come to Canada."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

Can anyone suggest what does reapply mean here and how do I go ahead with it?

Thanks in advance!

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hi Guys, Today I just check my ECAS and my sponsorship status just changed to Decision Made
I do not know when this happened. I just do not received any email or request from IRCC about this status change yet

What does "Decision made" could be? I am so nervous cause my application was freeze since 2019

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
@robertp @laxsun

Please update tracker line 559 and 560 VTG1 and VTG 2

received request for both second medical July 10
Letter sent requesting extension since earliest appointment is 40days from today.

Thank you!

Reactions: laxsun

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Hi Guys, Today I just check my ECAS and my sponsorship status just changed to Decision Made
I do not know when this happened. I just do not received any email or request from IRCC about this status change yet

What does "Decision made" could be? I am so nervous cause my application was freeze since 2019
If it’s the first “Decision made” that means the sponsor (you) is good to go. Now the processing for the applicants start.

Reactions: mintmint

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
May i know which is your visa office and if parents are in Canada or outside?
Mississauga is the office and parents are not in Canada at the moment.

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
If it’s the first “Decision made” that means the sponsor (you) is good to go. Now the processing for the applicants start.
that means sponsor approved? When I click into the DM status, it does not show anything new except some old info, is that normal? do you know when I can expect my SA letter? and will they send it by mail or email?

Thank you

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that means sponsor approved? When I click into the DM status, it does not show anything new except some old info, is that normal? do you know when I can expect my SA letter? and will they send it by mail or email?

Thank you
In my case DM was on june 08 * i am checking every night* and after 4 times calling CIC since July 8 under DM shows "We sent you correspondence on July 6, 2021 about the decision on your application" .
As I didn't receive any email I think it will come via mail soon.
Its very confusing most applicant get SA letter 2 to3 days after ECAS changed by email, for us was very weird still nothing received.

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
In my case DM was on june 08 * i am checking every night* and after 4 times calling CIC since July 8 under DM shows "We sent you correspondence on July 6, 2021 about the decision on your application" .
As I didn't receive any email I think it will come via mail soon.
Its very confusing most applicant get SA letter 2 to3 days after ECAS changed by email, for us was very weird still nothing received.
So between june 08 & july8, there is no new notes inside the status, right? I just want to make sure that I got the DM1 cuz some had DM status and then turn back to in process again. Really confusing!
Hopefully we get the SA soon to make sure the status, my case's processing is way tooo long tho

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So between june 08 & july8, there is no new notes inside the status, right? I just want to make sure that I got the DM1 cuz some had DM status and then turn back to in process again. Really confusing!
Hopefully we get the SA soon to make sure the status, my case's processing is way tooo long tho
Yes l, nothing between june 08 to july 08. However just before DM on june 05 i got the medical request. Hope we see some progress soon. Its very frustrating.