+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
I finally figured it out! And have now successfully linked my application to GCkey. For the number of people in the application, it was both my parents, myself, and my husband/co-sponsor (4), NOT just my parents (2), and NOT including our daughter (5) even though she's included for the financial part obviously... I now know the UCI numbers for my parents but there's nothing else to note. "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility".

For anyone else who's still waiting on sponsor approval after 2+ years, will they require more documents from us to show we are financially able to support the parents?
Yes, they can ask for Updated IMM 5768 E Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship and or other documents(CV/PCC/Medical/IMM 5669 E : Schedule A).

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SA may be sent via Mail. Call them again or order notes.

Wait for them to ask any further documents and submit only when they request.
Thanks, today ECAS shows : "We sent you correspondence on July 6, 2021 about the decision on your application"
I think it will com via Mail as you mentioned and I didn't have any email yet.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hi everyone

Anyone who has requested extension to do medical, do you get a reply back?
My parents are currently in Canada and they are going out of Canada for 1.5 month.
Their current medicals are expired since feb 2021. So far i have not got medical request.
In case we get their medical request when they are out of Canada, can we ask for extension as we want to do it here in case pf any followup exams.
Can we ask for extension for this reason?
Anyone knows about this?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Laxsun! we did receive the COPR today! Hurray, the long wait is over :)
Next step would be for planning their landing, I wonder if anyone landed recently and can provide insight on quarantine steps? Only one of my parents are certifiably vaccinated as per Canada's guideline now. So I am assuming they will need to go into quarantine when they come. How does the booking and transition to the quarantine hotel work? and can I still go to the airport and pick up my parents so that i can send them to the hotel after?

Thanks a million! This forum has been a great place for resources as well as emotional support through out this journey! Best of luck too all still waiting too, things are picking up again finally!
wow congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
My In-law received PPR request in march 2021 however peoples in India who helped her sent wrong size photos with passport so it got returned. And then India went into lockdown. My question is now that VFS is gradually opening can I simply mail passport back to them. Or should i wait for another invite to submit passport?

MeaveNivla

Jul 8, 2021
Yes you need to update them about birth of your child. Send them a webform informing them that you the sponsor had a child and include the birth certificate of the child.
And you will need to maintain your income from this year including your child in family members, in case the PR is not completed by next year, but hopefully the PR application is completed soon.
Good luck :)
Thank you! IRCC is doing PPR now and hopefully this won't delay CORP
Yes, you need to update IRCC on this. This will be reported as "Changes in a sponsor’s circumstances/the family size". Not reporting this may be treated as misrepresentation and may result in refusal.

Call IRCC or submit webform to update IRCC.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1
Yes, misrepresentation is exactly what I was afraid of. "Changes in a sponsor’s circumstances" is the exact correct reference.

BeingRamy

Jun 20, 2019
Any one got biometrics done for thier parents/grandparents in Delhi VFS office recently? I tried to book an appointment online and it shoes only one spot available in September. This makes no sense since we only have 30 days to submit biometrics. Any suggestions much appreciated.

hjstannum

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hi, need help. I got passport request from London Visa office - May’2019 application. Parents are in Pak. Email has sent link to VFS office. Please guide if someone recently did this in Pakistan. Thanks.
Congrats. Are you on the tracker? Would be interesting to see your application's journey.

MArshi

Dec 9, 2020
Congrats. Are you on the tracker? Would be interesting to see your application's journey.
No I am not on tracker. 21May2019 applicant. First medical & PCC done in Jan’2020, additional document request feb’2020. Second medical done in June’2021. PPR today. Parents in Pakistan, London visa office throughout the process.

Reactions: misterbmw

Akc81

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi,

For those who have received Passport request, what are your eligibility and background status please? thanks