+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Hi all, we have just received our COPR via courier and of course this is super-exciting. However, I am a bit confused as both COPRs are stamped "Not Valid for Travel" and the letter mentioned IMM5785 which does not appear to be enclosed. Can anyone explain this for me? Thanks so much.

Reactions: morinda

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hi all, we have just received our COPR via courier and of course this is super-exciting. However, I am a bit confused as both COPRs are stamped "Not Valid for Travel" and the letter mentioned IMM5785 which does not appear to be enclosed. Can anyone explain this for me? Thanks so much.
I came across someone has explained on IMM5785. Maybe this info might help you to understand:

I note from the covering letter that it is in the context of 'if you are from a visa exempt country' (which I am - so it applies), but it goes on to say '....an electronic foil (IMM5785)'. It goes on to state 'this means that some of your family members required a counterfoil in their passports while others were issued COPRs and electronic foils only'.

So it seems clear to me that IMM 5785 is probably some sort of an electronic data transfer that exists in their computers and not something that I personally either need to provide nor something I would expect to see as a paper copy.

Reactions: Leonora7 and HKIMM

webpp

Dec 22, 2020
Hello everyone,

Finially received eCOPR for myself and my son. We are sponsored by my daughter. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting and all the best wishes!

I have one question though. In my son's eCOPR, in the Sponsorship Information section, it says the relationship is "CHILD". Is it correct? From the perspective of my son, the relationship should be "SIBLING"?

Thank you!

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hello everyone,

Finially received eCOPR for myself and my son. We are sponsored by my daughter. Good luck to everyone who's still waiting and all the best wishes!

I have one question though. In my son's eCOPR, in the Sponsorship Information section, it says the relationship is "CHILD". Is it correct? From the perspective of my son, the relationship should be "SIBLING"?

Thank you!
Congratulations!
On COPR its mentioned as Principal applicant’s dependent, and thats why its child. As you are PA and he is your dependent.

Reactions: HKIMM

dannymp

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone:

My mother has received email confirmation for PR and after submitting photo and address, we have received her PR card as well. However, She hasn't received her COPR/Record of landing.

Has anyone experienced the same situation?
Please advise.

Thank you

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
I came across someone has explained on IMM5785. Maybe this info might help you to understand:

I note from the covering letter that it is in the context of 'if you are from a visa exempt country' (which I am - so it applies), but it goes on to say '....an electronic foil (IMM5785)'. It goes on to state 'this means that some of your family members required a counterfoil in their passports while others were issued COPRs and electronic foils only'.

So it seems clear to me that IMM 5785 is probably some sort of an electronic data transfer that exists in their computers and not something that I personally either need to provide nor something I would expect to see as a paper copy.
Thank you for this. Puts my mind at ease so now time to get ready :)
Thanks once again for the invaluable help and advice on this forum which has been such a great resource over the last two years or so. Good luck everyone - your time will come!

Mar 25, 2019
Hello Seniors,

Need some understanding.... My mom has been called for 2nd medical test saying that more test are required to be conducted. Please guide us what does that mean and what kind of test they conduct.

The first medical was done on June 2nd.

Regards,
Mandeep

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hello Everyone:

My mother has received email confirmation for PR and after submitting photo and address, we have received her PR card as well. However, She hasn't received her COPR/Record of landing.

Has anyone experienced the same situation?
Please advise.

Thank you
what is the time line thanks,

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
May 08 applicant, medicals are done Nov. 2019. Still no progress. PA still in process. Spoke to local MP since Dec 2020 and they gave me same information:

Eligibility not started
Security not started
Criminality is in progress
Medical passed but expired.
CPC office is Missisauga

I felt I am the only May applicant with no PPR.
I am May 14 applicant with exact same status and timeline.

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
On the police certificate, they have put the date for the current address which is from 1994 to date. Is that fine?

I know immigration has asked for the certificate from all countries where you stayed for 6 months of longer since the age of 18.

Logically they only lived in Pakistan since the age of 18 so it should be fine. However, the police certificate mentions the start date of the current residence/address in Pakistan which is 1994. Please advise.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
When NDVO is going to start working again. The VFS in India seems to be open but no indication of NDVO is open or not.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i got this email today from donotreply@cic.gc.ca "We need something from you to continue processing your application." but unable to log in IRCC using partner log in, sometimes this happens to me. Wondering what the email will be. We passed medical and submitted all police clearance 6 months ago.