+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Submitted the application in 2019 for PGP for Parents + 1 dependent. At that time dependent was a student. Now dependent is self employed and working. I need to submit schedule A and travel information. What should i do? Is it going to effect the application if i mention him/her as self employed?
yes, obviously you want to be honest

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
My MP's office emailed me about my mom's application as they do a routine follow up with IRCC ever few months. They basically gave me same info that I know thru the online portal. Only unfortunate update is that IRCC confirmed that my mom's medical has expired.

It's been more than 2 years now. This is also taking an emotional toll on my mom who is a senior living alone in Delhi. I haven't seen her in 3.5 years since my dad passed away. Today when I called my mom, she was talking to me about the need for financial planning related to her bank account in case something happens to her. Feeling helpless and sad, very very sad.
:(

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
My MP's office emailed me about my mom's application as they do a routine follow up with IRCC ever few months. They basically gave me same info that I know thru the online portal. Only unfortunate update is that IRCC confirmed that my mom's medical has expired.

It's been more than 2 years now. This is also taking an emotional toll on my mom who is a senior living alone in Delhi. I haven't seen her in 3.5 years since my dad passed away. Today when I called my mom, she was talking to me about the need for financial planning related to her bank account in case something happens to her. Feeling helpless and sad, very very sad.
damn... i am so sorry u and ur mom are going through this.
i just wanted send you a virtual hug as i unfortunately can't do much.
for what is worth, try to increase ur communication with her, share photos, send her funny things (if she is that kind of mom) and try to keep both ur spirits up. COVID threw yet another wrench on this program that was already a bit of a sh*tshow to begin with, but u are at the 2 year mark, ur file will be completed soon!
stay strong! *hug*

vs1980

Mar 30, 2015
Completed two year of application received that on June 11th. No movement from NDVO. File was transferred to NDVO in April 2020 and now just says application received. So frustrating.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
line 278 naticom
2nd ME requested on 04/15/2021, completed 04/29/2021, 2nd ME passed 06/17/2021

Will DM arrive right after second ME?

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014

Do not lose hope bro. I know, it's so hard going through this situation, 25 months passed and I haven't received SA approval (ordered notes and found they approved me as a sponsor in Sep 2019, but they hold off our applications due to biometrics as my parents are in Canada). I got married and updated IRCC about family count change and applied for outland spouse sponsorship as well and since then nothing changed. Both files are stuck at CPC-M.

Although we cannot do anything as IRCC has already set its priorities for students. I would say either apply for a visitor or a Super visa. This process can take another 2 years. IRCC use to take 6-7 years to process PGP applications. Be prepared. Some files may fall off the thread. Better, bring your mother to Canada.

Reactions: danny_scars

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Did you provide an email address ? Or they mailed to your or parents address.
I was wondering how the letter got lost
No all of the communications have been through my email address. That's very interesting that they forwarded that email that was sent on May 24th and on top it shows that it had been emailed to me, my husband and my sister (their emails were all on my file) but non of us received that email.

Waaaaaaaiting

Dec 1, 2015
Hi. I am in need of your help/guidance. It has been just over 2 years since their application was accepted. The file still shows as "in process". I have reached out to my MP who has reached out to IRCC who have said that there is no update on the status. My MP has also sent a letter to the Canadian High Commission in India requesting to expedite the file (someone told me this may help). I have no access to information on their application and am worried. Is there anything I can do here?

s_pisces

Dec 30, 2009
Hello everyone! Just a quick question. My parent application was submitted in the 2019 intake. They have completed medical and biometrics already. Their address is in India. However, currently they are in US..did not move permanently but will be there for atleast a few months if not more. My question is should they be changing their address to the one in US? Even though they are visiting and not relocating. Their permanent home is address on file.

jqi

Dec 15, 2020
line 278 naticom
2nd ME requested on 04/15/2021, completed 04/29/2021, 2nd ME passed 06/17/2021

Will DM arrive right after second ME?
My parents 2nd medical exam passed a month already. Still no update. Do you have in process date in your ECAS?

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
Whoot whooottt!!! Receive CoPR this morning. Someone from the Montreal office called my mum, asked for her address and then sent the letter. Yay!
@robertp @serious_cheese please update tracker.
Al the best to everyone. I sincerely hope you have traction this month.
God bless.
How much time they took to send email after the call?