+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Currently I did update their address. My question is about the time that we applied back to 2019. Should I inform them the time that we applied they were here?
No need to inform IRCC that they were in Canada when you applied in 2019. It would have been in their application anyways.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No need to inform IRCC that they were in Canada when you applied in 2019. It would have been in their application anyways.
I don't remember any place that I indicated that, the only proof is a copy of their passport stamp which I provided. In main application I also put their home country address as a residential address as I was thinking that is their permanent address.
Thanks for your thought

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't remember any place that I indicated that, the only proof is a copy of their passport stamp which I provided. In main application I also put their home country address as a residential address as I was thinking that is their permanent address.
Thanks for your thought
Still no need to inform that they applied while in Canada. What is important is informing IRCC of any changes in their address which it seems you have done.

Jagga_786

Nov 2, 2020
Is anyone else stuck in 'Decision Made' state for Principal Applicant? We're waiting to hear about next steps since October, we got nothing so far. Both my parents are here and office is CPC-Mississauga.

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hi
Any update from NDVO or it’s closed?
NDVO is closed for all kind of activities. Below is the message posted at VFS India website:

Due to the current COVID-19 situation and as per the directives of the diplomatic missions, Canada Visa Application Centres across India will remain closed for biometric enrolment and all other services, effective 3rd May 2021, until further notice.

Jagga_786

Nov 2, 2020
Did you call IRCC to ask what is going on ?
Hi, Yes I did call few times now. Every time CIC is like we don't need anything right now, that they'll let us know if it changes. We also received a communication back in October to confirm if my parents are in Canada and our lawyer did confirm that. It's very strange.
FYI, I couldn't create an account on CIC to check more details because I have rep on file.

So basically just waiting blindly right now.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, Yes I did call few times now. Every time CIC is like we don't need anything right now, that they'll let us know if it changes. We also received a communication back in October to confirm if my parents are in Canada and our lawyer did confirm that. It's very strange.
FYI, I couldn't create an account on CIC to check more details because I have rep on file.

you have a representative. Your representative is supposed to check with CIC or pass on any communication for you.

Candi0707

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018

Maybe you can ask your MP for help.

Reactions: Jagga_786

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Thanks Paul09

Once we get the new passports, how do we update CIC? Will VAC give any problem since the biometrics are requested on old passport application?
Once you received the new passport, just scan all pages and send it using the web form. VAC will not have any problem, as they will be carrying both passports together. Good Luck!

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi ALl,
I applied on 26 June 2019. GOt AOR on Dec 18 2019. SInce then I haven't heard a word. When I called CIC they said there is no requirement to get applications done in 2 years anymore. Can someone please suggest actions they

shaks999

Jul 31, 2018
Any update for your Medical appointment - I am waiting same in Karachi, send e-mail with all details no response yet - try to call but no response , wait for few day more.
Sent an appt request to lahore branch for medical exam last friday, got a response today for appt in 3rd week of June. Any updates from your end?
Also, for the PCC, are you guys providing all years since 18 yrs of age or is the last 10 (even 20) years is enough (for permanent address since then?) Thanks!