Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Hi Guys,

I applied for my parent's PR back in June 2019. Today I saw an update saying we started processing your application on April 27 2021. Any Idea what that means ? Haven't received any medical/biometric/pcc request :-(
I have not received anything either, but in process is a good sign for you. I hope I see something soon too, it is by far such long wait

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
For people whose cases are processed by CPC-M, how long does your ME get approved after the hospital uploaded the results? I saw many people say exactly two weeks?

Reactions: serious_cheese

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My parents were here in Canada on Visitor Visa back to 2019while we applied and sent their application to Ottawa. I put their home country address as their residential address as I was thinking residential address needs to be the place that they leave permanently. (Still not sure which address I should put)
We put the copy of their passport and the stamp of arrival was there but I am not sure if they check this or not.
That time as I didn't know how to inform as we even didn't have AOR and even I didn't know that when they are here we should change their address.
Now my question is should I inform that they were here while we applied or it dosen't matter at this stage.

Our file are in process for both side since Feb2020 and My parents are here since March 2020 and we informed their address changes as well. Their current address is canadian address rightnow as they are here.

My question is about 2019 when we applied ?

ColinZeal

May 19, 2021
here's what might be a dumb question... they are asking for the updated IMM 5669 E sent electronically, as a reply to the email they sent asking us for it, do they expect us to fill it out, print it, sign it, scan it back and attach it to the email? Unfortunately on the form there's nothing saying "when you type your name here it means that you are signing it" or something...

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
here's what might be a dumb question... they are asking for the updated IMM 5669 E sent electronically, as a reply to the email they sent asking us for it, do they expect us to fill it out, print it, sign it, scan it back and attach it to the email? Unfortunately on the form there's nothing saying "when you type your name here it means that you are signing it" or something...
my understanding is that the IMM5669 and IMM008 must be signed (with a pen) in order to be considered valid. i can't find this info on cic.gc.ca but I remember going over this back in 2019 and having multiple people suggesting I type my mom's name on the signature box, validate the form, print and then have her sign next/below it.

Last edited:

Arjun_Singh_76

Jul 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent
Interview........
Waived
nope. i am also over the 24 months expected processing time - like many others.
seeing how far behind everybody is, i'd really see it as a win to receive any kind of update :)
Agreed :)

I have another question ...my parents are in US right now with my brother and we were thinking of extending the stay because of COVID situation in India, but that will make their stay more than 6 months. Will they need to get PCC from US also in that case ?

Regards
Arjun

ColinZeal

May 19, 2021
my understanding is that the IMM5669 and IMM008 must be signed (with a pen) in order to be considered valid. i can't find this info on cic.gc.ca but I remember going over this back in 2019 and having multiple people suggesting I type my mom's name on the signature box, validate the form, print and then have her sign next/below it.
Sure. Won't risk it then. Just had it signed and scanned. Thank you.

Reactions: danny_scars

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
fill it out, sign it , scan it and attached it that is what i did

Reactions: ColinZeal

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Agreed :)

I have another question ...my parents are in US right now with my brother and we were thinking of extending the stay because of COVID situation in India, but that will make their stay more than 6 months. Will they need to get PCC from US also in that case ?

Regards
Arjun
hmm possibly? my understanding is that any place they stay for over 6 months (With the exception of CAN) needs a PCC but I will leave this one to the seniors :)

on a side note, I wouldn't make anybody travel just to avoid having to request a PCC. Seems like things in India are not good so if your parents can stay with your brother, leave them there! ;)

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Helloo guys finally they have asked for my parents for PCC, Schedule A Background, Travel Docs and additional family info as well as MEdical on May 21st. Kindly update Line 743 for everyone incase someone looks at it to see where they stand.

Also I have a Question
"

Updated police certificates from all districts/areas for yourself, your dependent spouse and all dependent children who are over 18 years of age. They must be from ALL the districts and areas where residence was for more than six months. If you have recently (within the past 6 months) submitted a police certificate to our office, please take this opportunity to resubmit that police certificate.

· Please properly and truthfully complete updated versions of the three (3) listed forms below, using the website links which follow each named form:

- Schedule A Background / Declaration: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669e.pdf

Please ensure that you do not leave any time periods unaccounted for. Pay particular attention to questions 08-12 of the Schedule-A form and provide all details since the age of 18 years. Please do not leave any question unanswered/blank. If any question is not applicable to you, quote “Not Applicable”.

- IMM5406 Additional Family Information Form: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf

- IMM 5562: Supplementary Information - Your Travels form: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5562e.pdf
"
So they only asked these docs (Apart from PCC) from my mother (who is the principle applicant) but not my Father(who is dependent in application). Should my father also provide these docs as well in advance or how does it work???
Tracker is updated.
PCC is needed for both your mother and father. IMM5562 includes information of both including dependents.

ITMom

May 24, 2021
Hello,
My parents have just been asked for additional documents from the London VO. The email states fill in all the information from age 18+ for background decleration form, but the form itself says age 18 or past 10 years. My parents are 70+ and have been around the world alot. It is not possible to remember all the dates since 18+. So which one is it? since age 18 or past 10 years? Any insight into this would be greaty appreciated!

Irshad67

Feb 1, 2020
Hello,
My parents have just been asked for additional documents from the London VO. The email states fill in all the information from age 18+ for background decleration form, but the form itself says age 18 or past 10 years. My parents are 70+ and have been around the world alot. It is not possible to remember all the dates since 18+. So which one is it? since age 18 or past 10 years? Any insight into this would be greaty appreciated!
In Your case it should be last 10 year, 18 year age in case of age reach lessthan 18 years after minus 10 year from todays date.