+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hello Nadeem. Same here, I also got the IME request today but there are no dates available. Any ideas for booking the appointment early!
You got this request under my cic account as a new message? Or was it only via email? Did anything on myCic account changed for you?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Everyone,
I am currently Canadian PR and will apply for citizenship at the end of this year. I am interested in sponsoring my parents through PGP PR program. I have few queries about it. Hope you guys can help.

1.) I am married and my wife is in India. Because of some personal reasons, I am not planning to sponsor her to Canada in near future. For income eligibility for PGP, should I consider I’ll be responsible for as 2 people (my mom and dad) or 3 (mom, dad and wife).

2.) my parents already have Visitor visas for canada, for which my brother sponsored them in 2017 (I wasn’t in Canada that time). Now because of low Income my brother isn’t able to sponsor them for PGP program. Am I able to sponsor them on my own for PGP even though visitor visa was sponsored by my brother?

3.) I am also planning to bring them to Canada in future as they already have visitor visa. If they get selected for PGP, are they allowed to stay in Canada during PGP application is in process?

4.) I came to Canada in Dec 2018 hence do not fulfill income criteria for year 2018, but I am good for 2019 and 2020. But my consultant suggested me to fill the ‘interest to sponsor’ form anyway and said we can seek for exception. What’s your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!
1) You need LICO for 4 people. You have to include yourself, your wife and your parents in the calculation.
2) Yes, you can sponsor them.
3) Yes.
4) Your consultant has given you bad advice. Refusal is automatic if you don't meet LICO. There are no exceptions granted.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
@laxsun; @robertp or anyone.
Please advise, my mother completed her re-medical on April 03, 2021. However, my CIC account states that IRCC did not receive medical results. Panel physician says he submitted on April 13. I am very much frustrated. on May 24 it will be a full 2 years.

The call center is not reachable. NDVO is not reachable might be closed due to covid-19. Neither i have received any furtherance nor a medical pass.

what options I do have to know what happened to my mother's medical.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
in order for CPC M to move forward, Ontario needs to get the majority of people vaccinated.....such a long wait but hopefully, by the end of this year, our application will be approved. All the best everyone!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@laxsun; @robertp or anyone.
Please advise, my mother completed her re-medical on April 03, 2021. However, my CIC account states that IRCC did not receive medical results. Panel physician says he submitted on April 13. I am very much frustrated. on May 24 it will be a full 2 years.

The call center is not reachable. NDVO is not reachable might be closed due to covid-19. Neither i have received any furtherance nor a medical pass.

what options I do have to know what happened to my mother's medical.
they just have not updated the status, this does not necessarily mean they have not received medical results. It took them 1 month to update my status.

Reactions: canuck78

Uzzi

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hi, today got email from London office requesting for additional forums includes police certificate, travel forum, sch A.

my question is for police certificate:

> my mother lived in Kuwait for 5 years after getting married. She is a Pakistani citizen. So police certificate should be for Pakistan and Kuwait ?? or only Pakistan? I know if you have lived more than 6 months anywhere you need the PC for that country.

Please confirm me ASAP. Thanks in advance.

MArshi

Dec 9, 2020
Hi, today got email from London office requesting for additional forums includes police certificate, travel forum, sch A.

> my mother lived in Kuwait for 5 years after getting married. She is a Pakistani citizen. So police certificate should be for Pakistan and Kuwait ?? or only Pakistan? I know if you have lived more than 6 months anywhere you need the PC for that country.

Pakistan & Kuwait, after age of 18 any country that anyone lives for 6 months or more a PCC is required. Let them get it via Kuwait embassy in Islamabad. All the best.
Plz do share your timeline

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019

Please share your timeline. Are you in tracker?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
You got this request under my cic account as a new message? Or was it only via email? Did anything on myCic account changed for you?
I got an email for the forms and PCC but Medical request was only on mycic and there was no mention of the medical in the email letter. Mycic status was" updated" and there was a separate message for medical.

Reactions: asad4455

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
I got an email for the forms and PCC but Medical request was only on mycic and there was no mention of the medical in the email letter. Mycic status was" updated" and there was a separate message for medical.
Visa office and application receive date !