+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Hi, Guys,

How long does it take for CIC to show Medical received after ME is uploaded?

My parents' results have been uploaded for over 1 a week but still hasn't shown anything yet. Do I need to ask for the confirmation of upload and send it to CIC? How can I know if they received it?

This is the second ME requested. Last time it was updated in a few days, but I guess it might be slower due to covid?

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many are in the same boat that hasn't received anything and both applications are still showing as in-process, including me. Ours received in May 2019.

It's not just COVID-19, but also the yearly quota they look to meet each year. Many 2018 applications are still waiting and now they are accepting 10,000 applications from the 2020 invitation. We probably gonna see the 2020 application getting processed even before they clear 2018-2019 backlogs. Surely they do not follow the FIFO approach in any stream.

I would say do not lose hope, sooner or later we will all go through this.
Also have plan to accept another 30,000 new applications in this category for 2021, seems like IRCC's first priority is to collect the application fees and have no plan for 2019 or 2018 backlogs...

Reactions: PunjabiDeadpool

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also have plan to accept another 30,000 new applications in this category for 2021, seems like IRCC's first priority is to collect the application fees and have no plan for 2019 or 2018 backlogs...
Application fees so not even cover the cost of processing so it’s not about the application fees. It has more to do with politics and the likelihood of an election.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Guys,

How long does it take for CIC to show Medical received after ME is uploaded?

My parents' results have been uploaded for over 1 a week but still hasn't shown anything yet. Do I need to ask for the confirmation of upload and send it to CIC? How can I know if they received it?

This is the second ME requested. Last time it was updated in a few days, but I guess it might be slower due to covid?
It can take a number of weeks if not more to see that you have passed the medical. It needs to be first reviewed and if there are any concerns it will be reviewed by a physician that will determine what extra tests are needed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Same me.
I really do not know what to do else !!!!! I sent many requests regarding status , asked MP to help out. But nothing can moved. Everyone keep saying ---wait , due to COVID many delays. whoever I can see many applicants already have there parents landed. What the luck!!!!!????
Many also have similar processing times as you. You are definitely not an outlier. There are many other immigration programs that are also taking significantly longer. PGP is a low priority immigration stream since most parents and grandparents use a lot of services while most don’t pay taxes. Priority will be on economic immigration and family reunification of spouses and dependent children to try to jumpstart the economy when covid is under better control.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Why can‘t they work from home to process the applications ? I have no any idea what the immigration minister is doing ?
Processing immigration from home is not as easy as you think. It involves dealing with private personal information, coordinating with different government agencies and different countries, etc. Most were not set-up to access these systems from your home internet. Switching to working from home is not as simple as you think. Things seem to be running now but there will still be delays because others are also working from home. Things like doing background checks are very hard to do from home so the agencies doing background checks likely encountered delays. Contacting other countries who have also been dealing with covid likely have their own delays so replying to Canadian requests may be low on their priority list. Although frustrating, I can see many parts of processing that could be affected by covid causing delays.

Zsoni

Jun 21, 2020
Many are in the same boat that hasn't received anything and both applications are still showing as in-process, including me. Ours received in May 2019.

It's not just COVID-19, but also the yearly quota they look to meet each year. Many 2018 applications are still waiting and now they are accepting 10,000 applications from the 2020 invitation. We probably gonna see the 2020 application getting processed even before they clear 2018-2019 backlogs. Surely they do not follow the FIFO approach in any stream.

I would say do not lose hope, sooner or later we will all go through this.
Mine is application dated 5th June. But still in process.

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
hi everyone,
I had sponsored my mother under parents/grandparents 2019 stream. file number was received last year in February. I saw the status change to decision made under sponsorship application status. however, pr application status still shows in process. can anyone advice me what this could possibly mean. I tried contacting my immigration representative but they are not getting back to me. may be the office is closed due to pandemic

Reactions: nguyentu2001

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi everyone,
I had sponsored my mother under parents/grandparents 2019 stream. file number was received last year in February. I saw the status change to decision made under sponsorship application status. however, pr application status still shows in process. can anyone advice me what this could possibly mean. I tried contacting my immigration representative but they are not getting back to me. may be the office is closed due to pandemic
Are you sure it is DM for the entire application and not just for the sponsor?

Reactions: Zsoni

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Yeah, it is beyond frustrating.

I double checked our dates etc on CIC today.

Application received Jun 13th 2019. AOR October 24th 2019. Started processing application January 14th 2020 - so earlier than I thought.

16 months of 'In Process' and we haven't even had sponsorship approval. Both sponsorship application and PR application are listed 'In Process'. We more than meet the sponsorship criteria in every way, so it is hard to see what the problem is. Covid 19 is just not a reason enough for it to be this slow. Plenty of others have had Sponsorship Approval way quicker than this.

I emailed our MP yesterday. I also completed the GMCS form for access to our file via Freedom of Information Act. We shall see if anything at all comes out of it. I also called CIC this week and they were less than unhelpful. It was a total and utter waste of my time.

Ranting as I am so fed up with it all :(
yeh right, lots of others who behind our timeline, already got approval. Really don't know how they are processing the backlog, really unfair! They approve us or NOT, at least they should let us know first before taking action on others in queue. They even are processing 2020 applications

I think contacting MP is a better way to go, not for me.

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
@robertp @laxsun

please update line 821 - medical request received on april 20, 2021 ......still showing Mississauga Office and my canada address....is that normal? When this will get transferred to local office outside of the Canada? My father is leaving outside of Canada......Any idea how long after medical for passport request? thank you

Reactions: laxsun

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone,
same for many of us, decision made for sponsorship almost a year ago but PR application is in progress. A this point, i would say we just have to wait.