+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Bazinga

Aug 20, 2013
Try UK embassy if they can provide police clearance. Otherwise provide explanation letter.
Thanks for your response. Given global COVID back log and that we have only 15 days to respond to CIC, the UK Embassy route may be difficult, plus it sounds like a long shot. It was over 50 years ago and I don't know how to create a correlation.

What could I possibly write in the explanation letter - just that?

PunjabiDeadpool

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi
Is there anyone who doesn’t receive biometric request & after medical pcc got passport request? My parents got medical & pcc request and not the biometric request yet. They didn’t have their biometrics during supervisa. What can We expect next biometrics or passport request ?
I Got PCC, Medical and other documents, Haven't received Biometrics. GCMS notes says, the applicant in is Canada, probably need to waive the biometrics, Officer review required.
Line I guess 785 in tracker.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi all,

Received an update on me sponsoring my Grandmother for PR. A few months after receiving her medical tests they've asked for 2 items:
  1. Police Certificate: Please provide a copy of your original police certificate from Pakistan and any other country where you have resided for a period of six months or longer since the age of 18.
    Question: We applied while she was residing in Canada and she's still in Canada (over 15 months and counting). I was under the impression that applying from Canada would not require a Police Certificate. But does this portion mean she needs 2 police certificates - one from PK and one from Canada?
  2. CV/Resume:
    Question: She's in her mid 80s and has been a housewife her whole life. Is it understandable that that's all the resume will say?
Thanks for reading.
I think they already mentioned here

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. Just wondering if anyone is in the same situation as me as I am getting (more) worried.

AOR October 2019.
File been 'in process' since approx Feb 2020, though I don't know the exact date.
Since then, nothing. Not received sponsorship approval. Nothing at all...

Parents in UK
Our timeline is exactly the same and we also didnt have any update since Feb 2020 even my parents are here since last March. I contacted MP so many times and requested GCNote, unfortunately nothing new and used Covid as an excuse for their unacceptable delays. COVID does not seem to be going anywhere and is becoming part of our life and work, Many organizations have adopted the new norm and are back in operations except these guys. Its shameless especially with the IRCC accepting and starting to process 2020 applications and planning to accept another 30,000 new applications in this category for 2021, seems like IRCC's first priority is to collect the application fees.
What is the plan for the backlog in 2019 applications?

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Our timeline is exactly the same and we also didnt have any update since Feb 2020 even my parents are here since last March. I contacted MP so many times and requested GCNote, unfortunately nothing new and used Covid as an excuse for their unacceptable delays. COVID does not seem to be going anywhere and is becoming part of our life and work, Many organizations have adopted the new norm and are back in operations except these guys. Its shameless especially with the IRCC accepting and starting to process 2020 applications and planning to accept another 30,000 new applications in this category for 2021, seems like IRCC's first priority is to collect the application fees.
I feel you all, my timeline is much longer and yes, we are on the same boat, I received nothing since I got AOR. They even start to process the 2020 applications without doing anything for 2019 backlog.

Candi0707

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Why can‘t they work from home to process the applications ? I have no any idea what the immigration minister is doing ?

arsu89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Can someone let me know please.
The answer isn't clear enough. So that is why I asked again. Perhaps you need to let other answer if you don't have an answer. Again the question is does one needs to maintain the income after the sponsorship has been approved?

arsu89

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
You’ve already received two answers. Perhaps look back at the posts.
The answer isn't clear enough. So that is why I asked again. Perhaps you need to let other answer if you don't have an answer. Again the question is does one needs to maintain the income after the sponsorship has been approved?

Will appreciate if someone could shed some light on it. As per my understanding it looks like when you submit the application that is when the CIC would see your 3 years income.

canadavisaa2018

Oct 24, 2018

Will appreciate if someone could shed some light on it. As per my understanding it looks like when you submit the application that is when the CIC would see your 3 years income.
I checked with an immigration consultant. He said you have to maintain your income level until your parents or grandparents arrive in Canada after getting COPR.

Jsaini86

Dec 30, 2019
hello everyone.
Is HIGH COMMISSION CANADA in New Delhi working rite now or they are closed due to lockdown in Delhi?????

greenfrog77

Dec 15, 2015
I feel you all, my timeline is much longer and yes, we are on the same boat, I received nothing since I got AOR. They even start to process the 2020 applications without doing anything for 2019 backlog.
Yeah, it is beyond frustrating.

I double checked our dates etc on CIC today.

Application received Jun 13th 2019. AOR October 24th 2019. Started processing application January 14th 2020 - so earlier than I thought.

16 months of 'In Process' and we haven't even had sponsorship approval. Both sponsorship application and PR application are listed 'In Process'. We more than meet the sponsorship criteria in every way, so it is hard to see what the problem is. Covid 19 is just not a reason enough for it to be this slow. Plenty of others have had Sponsorship Approval way quicker than this.

I emailed our MP yesterday. I also completed the GMCS form for access to our file via Freedom of Information Act. We shall see if anything at all comes out of it. I also called CIC this week and they were less than unhelpful. It was a total and utter waste of my time.

Ranting as I am so fed up with it all :(

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
I sent a webform when I got my mom to do a medical for her visitor extension and they added it to the PGP process. Sadly, my file is stuck in Mexico so I don't know if they actually approved the medicals (for the PGP) done in December but I can see it on the GCMS notes that it has been added to her file.

In your shoes, I'd book the medical for a week or so from now and send a webform. If they accept the one you have you can just cancel the medical appointment :)
Thank you @danny_scars , sounds good. We have sent her medical information sheet of visitor visa extension via email and webform. Hoping to have some positive response. We'll also book an appointment to be on the safer side. Thank you once again for your help.

Reactions: danny_scars

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah, it is beyond frustrating.

I double checked our dates etc on CIC today.

Application received Jun 13th 2019. AOR October 24th 2019. Started processing application January 14th 2020 - so earlier than I thought.

16 months of 'In Process' and we haven't even had sponsorship approval. Both sponsorship application and PR application are listed 'In Process'. We more than meet the sponsorship criteria in every way, so it is hard to see what the problem is. Covid 19 is just not a reason enough for it to be this slow. Plenty of others have had Sponsorship Approval way quicker than this.

I emailed our MP yesterday. I also completed the GMCS form for access to our file via Freedom of Information Act. We shall see if anything at all comes out of it. I also called CIC this week and they were less than unhelpful. It was a total and utter waste of my time.

Ranting as I am so fed up with it all :(
Many are in the same boat that hasn't received anything and both applications are still showing as in-process, including me. Ours received in May 2019.

It's not just COVID-19, but also the yearly quota they look to meet each year. Many 2018 applications are still waiting and now they are accepting 10,000 applications from the 2020 invitation. We probably gonna see the 2020 application getting processed even before they clear 2018-2019 backlogs. Surely they do not follow the FIFO approach in any stream.

I would say do not lose hope, sooner or later we will all go through this.