+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hope someone can give me your thoughts and opinions about my case. Thank you in advance!

_____
Hi all,

I'm sponsoring my parents to come to Canada and really appreciate your opinions about my case.

Back to 40 years ago, my father changed his year of birth on his birth certificate from 1960 to 1950. And 1950 becomes his official year of birth on all other documents till today. The reason for this change is because he tried to avoid the military service back then.

On the sponsorship application, he provided 1950 as the year of birth which is matched with other documents (birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate). On his schedule A, however, we still declared my father graduated from high school in 1978 - which is the actual year he finished high school but that would make him graduate from high school at the age of 28 because his year of birth on paper is 1950.

Now that IRCC is requesting updated schedule A from the age of 18 of my father and his proof of study. Can anyone give me your opinion what is the best response to IRCC in this situation. Note that we no longer have any proof of my father's study.

Should I write a letter to explain to IRCC that my father changed his year of birth back then. I'm leaning toward this approach but I'm still afraid it may open a can of worm and make IRCC question more about my father's application.

You opinion is appreciated!
Many have suggested you say the truth, which 100% corrects and I believe you should have done at the start of the application. However, this is passed, let's take about today.

I would strongly urge you to consult with some professionals regarding this matter before proceeding and providing them the information they requested you.

Here is my suggestion, do not make changes to anything.
if they have asked you to submit the updated Schedule A, take the last one you provided and make changes to it by adding data from the date you submitted the application till today.

Regarding educational documents:

Here is my personal approach. this not economic class immigration, and they are not going to evaluate application on the educational background of your parents. If you do not have that just write them an explanation letter, documents not available/ Not issued back then.

Not sure why they asking from age 18, usually it is for the past 10 years.

Good luck!

Reactions: rn.canada

misterbmw

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Hello @YULIA-2016 @robertp ,

Received a notification that decision has been made with COPR today. File is in London VO. There are no messages on MyCIC but it says there are 3 COPRs with expiry a year from now. My parents and my sister are already in Canada under supervisa (sister under student visa).

Do you know what is supposed to happen now? Will they mail the COPRs?

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST.
Congratulations! First COPR from London in a long time!:)

Reactions: Hamied and salmunsu

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
@robertp @laxsun @YULIA-2016 @serious_cheese

Hi,

Please help me update the status on Line 475, Almondjuice.

April 20, 2021 _____ Received 2nd medical exam request for both parents.

Will update you on the submission and the result.

My father was requested a second X-ray and a Sputum culture during his first exam and passed. I have asked the Panel Physician whether they could attach the last X-ray and Sputum Culture result during this submission to avoid a second additional test. The Panel Physician says they would do so but it depends on CIC's decision whether he needs additional or not. Hopefully it can be skipped. If not, it would be the 4th X-ray my dad gets in 16 months for this application. Anyone been through the same situation?

Also, how much longer does it take after the second ME passes?

Thanks.

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Hi Everyone, We've got the approval (COPR) today!

@robertp, @YULIA-2016, kindly update the tracker #551.

Application received on June 5, 2019.
Medical extended - Dec 19, 2020 to Apr 12, 2021.
Background check completed on Apr 13, 2021
Final Decision - Apr 20, 2021
LVO - CPC-M

Thank you all!
Congratulations! You are so lucky.

My parents' ME passed on March 4, and they never extended it and have requested a new one on April 20, 2021. Hopefully our case can be approved soon after the ME done.

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
no progress...just biometric done (Feb 2020)... just received an email "Update on IRCC processing capacity ".. anyone in same boat?

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Sounds like CPC-M is clearing the backlogs lately and anyone who did re-ME lately has very high chance to get approved right after ME approval. Is this a correct statement?

Reactions: serious_cheese

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Congratulations! You are so lucky.

My parents' ME passed on March 4, and they never extended it and have requested a new one on April 20, 2021. Hopefully our case can be approved soon after the ME done.
Your case is coming to closer to issue of PR letter.. Shortly you may hear.. In the meanwhile, You should be quick in response to CIC if there is any question from them..

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hope someone can give me your thoughts and opinions about my case. Thank you in advance!

_____
Hi all,

I'm sponsoring my parents to come to Canada and really appreciate your opinions about my case.

Back to 40 years ago, my father changed his year of birth on his birth certificate from 1960 to 1950. And 1950 becomes his official year of birth on all other documents till today. The reason for this change is because he tried to avoid the military service back then.

On the sponsorship application, he provided 1950 as the year of birth which is matched with other documents (birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate). On his schedule A, however, we still declared my father graduated from high school in 1978 - which is the actual year he finished high school but that would make him graduate from high school at the age of 28 because his year of birth on paper is 1950.

Now that IRCC is requesting updated schedule A from the age of 18 of my father and his proof of study. Can anyone give me your opinion what is the best response to IRCC in this situation. Note that we no longer have any proof of my father's study.

Should I write a letter to explain to IRCC that my father changed his year of birth back then. I'm leaning toward this approach but I'm still afraid it may open a can of worm and make IRCC question more about my father's application.

You opinion is appreciated!
Many people have responded you on your question.. while they are correct in their version, but I personally feel you may be attracting many more questions on the issue.. I dont know what you have already submitted, but if there is scope to add, you can say schooling was started late due to economical condition, it may be sufficient and may serve the purpose..

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hi folks,
Parents who migrated here via PGP program can legally work here if they choose to or is there any restrictions ?

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/curfew-in-new-delhi

20 April 2021

Please note that the Visa offices/High Commission/ Consulates will remain closed on account of the Covid situation & Curfew in New Delhi. The 2 way courier passport service stands suspended . Your passport pick up request will be serviced once business resumes. For latest information on resumption of services please visit https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/.
If your application is in Transit with the courier partner, at the Visa Application centre or submitted to the High commission/Consulate, please expect a delay in the processing of the application and return delivery of your processed passport on account of the restrictions imposed by the various governments owing to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please do not visit the VAC as walk in services are currently suspended at the Visa Application Centre. Owing to the current situation our call centre is working on limited capacity, we request you to not send in any enquiry emails or reminders, our response will be delayed. Thank you for your understanding.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/temporary-vac-closure

20 April 2021

The Canada Visa Application Centre at New Delhi will remain closed with effect from 20th April 2021 until 25th April 2021 on account of Delhi Government announced curfew. The Biometric appointments scheduled at the Visa Application Centre in Delhi stand cancelled. A new appointment will be allotted to the affected applicants as soon as business resumes. Thank you for your understanding

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
Your case is coming to closer to issue of PR letter.. Shortly you may hear.. In the meanwhile, You should be quick in response to CIC if there is any question from them..
Thanks. My parents booked a ME for tomorrow. Hopefully the case can be approved soon.

jeff.torbain

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Hi everyone,
My parents file has been progressing very slowly. Complete silence since their Medical back in Jan 2021.
Do you know if it would make any difference in the processing time should my parents come to Canada on a SuperVisa?
Thanks,
JT

ppruaburra

Apr 18, 2021
Hi folks,
Parents who migrated here via PGP program can legally work here if they choose to or is there any restrictions ?
Feel free to get professional opinion. My take on this is:
They don't have to work. The sponsor has signed a 20 year agreement with the govt.
But, because they're going to be landing as permanent residents, they can choose to work if they feel like.

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Hi folks,
Nope, no restrictions

samshah

Apr 6, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my parents file in 2019. As of now, the ecas status says below:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2019.
There has been no update in the past almost 2 years? Most of the posts that I see here are at far more advanced stage.
Is the timeline of my parents file normal?
We are on the same page our's is 5th june nothing since hopefully we get some progress soon