+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

puja.berry

Apr 22, 2021
Hello , I applied for sponsoring my parents in 2019 , which got accepted. They had their medicals done in March 2020.Then Covid happened. I have not heard anything from any quarters after that . The website still shows "In Progress". I reached out to my local Member of Parliament, they could also not get any better response other than what's there in the system.. The medicals of my parents have since expired. Is anyone in the same situation here?

Reactions: gagansodhi

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi everyone,
My parents file has been progressing very slowly. Complete silence since their Medical back in Jan 2021.
Do you know if it would make any difference in the processing time should my parents come to Canada on a SuperVisa?
Thanks,
JT
My parents are in canada on super visa since October 2020. Complete silence on their case as well. Medical passed date is December 2019. Nothing heard from NDVO

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Finally, we received the PR cards today. It took almost 6 months.
Oct 28, virtual landing.
Nov 10, pictures and copr sent to Etobicoke office.
Apr 12 ghost update
Apr 19 card approved and mailed
Apr 22 cards received in the regular mail from Sydney office.

good luck to everyone...

Reactions: serious_cheese

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hello , I applied for sponsoring my parents in 2019 , which got accepted. They had their medicals done in March 2020.Then Covid happened. I have not heard anything from any quarters after that . The website still shows "In Progress". I reached out to my local Member of Parliament, they could also not get any better response other than what's there in the system.. The medicals of my parents have since expired. Is anyone in the same situation here?
My parents medical passed date is December 2019. Nothing heard since then . Neither they asked new medical nor they extend it. No idea what is going on ?
NDVO

Almondjuice

Star Member
Mar 27, 2014
My parents' ME passed on March 4, 2020, I assume it is close to your timeline.

We just got a request for a second ME on Tuesday April 20, 2021. I also see some ppl's ME result got extended and get PPR with similar timeline. Either way, I think you will receive some update soon.

Good luck and Stay safe.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am stuck at application received with no hope of anything right now. Called call centers multiple times nothing , sent new NOA hoping they will touch the file nothing , got an mp to send a letter nothing changed. I dont know what else to do . Here is 0 hope/ My mom is getting sicker day by day . my brother's future is on hold. I dontknow what to do
Same as here june2019 application was received ours stuck in process sine Feb 2020 not a single movement and I did the same NOA MP CAll .... nothing changed we lost our hope too ... so sad

hari_13

Apr 23, 2021
hi folks,

i am in US for many years and now deciding to move to canada. I am just getting started from ZERO on the PR process for myself and also my parents. I see that since covid started, all PGP PRs seems to have been frozen/stuck, but I wanted to get a sense of how things were pre-covid... i only wanted to know the normal timelimes for Parent GC procesing.

Per my estimates it will take 3 years for me to be able to apply for PR for my parents. I will first need to move to canada on a work visa and work for 1 year to get enough points. I will be able to apply for PR after 1 year. PR I think takes 6 months (if all goes well). After this I will apply for citizenship which will take 5 years from that point. But from what I read I dont need for citizenship to be approved to sponsor Parents, and can sponsor right when I have PR approved, but I will need 3 year paystubs to meet income requirements.

Three Questions:

1. My conclusion is that start from Day0 of work in canada, I will be able to apply for PR right after I complete 3 years (as by then I will have 3 year paystubs and my own PR complete) and dont need for citizenship to be approved. Do let me know if I understood right

2. Once I apply for their PR for parents (from what I read ) it would have normally take 6 months - is this right? I read that things have just gotten stuck due to covid since 03/2020 (and some folks with ME approvals from 2019 are also stuck so I was confused). Is the 6 month timeframe for a parent PR correct (pre-covid timelines) or are there separate PR queues for express entry professionals and parents ? I tried looking up some tracker info on trackit, but I couldnt make better conclusions. In US I can see the queue lengths and dates in website, but I wasnt sure if there were similar queue 'cut off' dates in canada too.

3. I see that there is a 'lottery' for PGPs in some provinces, like 10k and they are seasonal /one-offs and not regular annual lottery (like the H1B lottery in US). Those I assume are SEPARATE from the PR process. Basically I dont think PR process for parents is a 'lottery' and its a first come first serve, is that right?

do let me know!

thanks,
hari

Last edited:

MaddyBhatia1041

Apr 2, 2021
hi folks,

i am just getting started from zero on the PR process for myself and also my parents. I see that since covid started, all PGP PRs seems to have been frozen/stuck, but I wanted to get a sense of how things were pre-covid... i only wanted to know the normal timelimes for Parent GC procesing.

Per my estimates it will take 3 years for me to be able to apply for PR for my parents. I will first need to move to canada on a work visa and work for 1 year to get enough points. I will be able to apply for PR after 1 year. PR I think takes 6 months (if all goes well). After this I will apply for citizenship which will take 5 years from that point. But from what I read I dont need for citizenship to be approved to sponsor Parents, and can sponsor right when I have PR approved, but I will need 3 year paystubs to meet income requirements.

Questions
1. My conclusion is that start from Day0 of work in canada, I will be able to apply for PR right after I complete 3 years (as by then I will have 3 year paystubs and my own PR complete) and dont need for citizenship to be approved. Do let me know if I understood right

2. Once I apply for their PR for parents (from what I read ) it would have normally take 6 months - is this right? I read that things have just gotten stuck due to covid since 03/2020 (and some folks with ME approvals from 2019 are also stuck so I was confused). Is the 6 month timeframe for a parent PR correct (pre-covid timelines) or are there separate PR queues for express entry professionals and parents ? I tried looking up some tracker info on trackit, but I couldnt make better conclusions

3. I see that there is a 'lottery' for PGPs in some provinces, like 10k and they are seasonal and not annual. Those I assume are SEPARATE from the PR process. Basically I dont think PR process for parents is a 'lottery' and its a first come first serve, is that right?

do let me know!

thanks,
hari
Hi Hari
As per my knowledge PR for parents is purely lottery basis , it was First Come First Serve in 2019 only.

Secondly, you have to have sufficient income as per guidelines depending upon the number of family members in your household including your parents.

Thirdly, now a days PR is taking beyond processing times. CiC says 20 to 24 months but due to COVID they don't provide any time frames even 2019 applications are under process.

Lastly, As you have to prove you income for 3 years with all 3 NOA's . You have to work here for 3 odd years.

Experts - please correct if I am wrong !!

Good Luck Hari..

MaddyBhatia1041

Apr 2, 2021
Guys - asking questions out of this forum
Please forgive me for this...

I am india and was flying on 25th April but today all flights got cancelled, Is their any possibility if I request government that they could have Citizens or PR earlier with some special flights

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Guys - asking questions out of this forum
Please forgive me for this...

I am india and was flying on 25th April but today all flights got cancelled, Is their any possibility if I request government that they could have Citizens or PR earlier with some special flights
Please keep an eye on Canadian consulate site for New Delhi. Any special flights will be announced there.

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
My parents were suppose to come but due to flight ban . Now their copr will expire ? anybody in same boat ?

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
You will receive a response from CIC shortly, either they extend your parents ME or they have to re ME.