+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Zsoni

Jun 21, 2020
Hi everyone
my application details are as under
Application received on June 5, 2019
Medical passed - Dec 19, 2019
but still is showing in process at CPC-M .
please guide

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Definite progress from CPC-Mississauga. Today I logged on to CIC and saw this!

Review of Medical Results: April 18, 2021. You passed the medical exam.

This was actually passed on January 15, 2020 so hope this means that they don't need another one. Fingers crossed!

@robertp , please could you update the tracker #571, thank you :)

Jsaini86

Dec 30, 2019
Hello everyone.
I got a email today asking for additional medical information required for my father who is a primary applicant in family case. I don't know what was the problem in their medical. but they didn't ask for my mother & my brother who is dependent. Is this thing happened to anyone.
Do I have to worry about anything? or it's just a normal thing.

ppruaburra

Apr 18, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I applied for my parents file in 2019. As of now, the ecas status says below:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2019.
There has been no update in the past almost 2 years? Most of the posts that I see here are at far more advanced stage.
Is the timeline of my parents file normal?
@swapan1189 Mine was received on June 24 (I got that email in Dec 2019). No progress since then.

rn.canada

Apr 21, 2021
Hope someone can give me your thoughts and opinions about my case. Thank you in advance!

_____
Hi all,

I'm sponsoring my parents to come to Canada and really appreciate your opinions about my case.

Back to 40 years ago, my father changed his year of birth on his birth certificate from 1960 to 1950. And 1950 becomes his official year of birth on all other documents till today. The reason for this change is because he tried to avoid the military service back then.

On the sponsorship application, he provided 1950 as the year of birth which is matched with other documents (birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate). On his schedule A, however, we still declared my father graduated from high school in 1978 - which is the actual year he finished high school but that would make him graduate from high school at the age of 28 because his year of birth on paper is 1950.

Now that IRCC is requesting updated schedule A from the age of 18 of my father and his proof of study. Can anyone give me your opinion what is the best response to IRCC in this situation. Note that we no longer have any proof of my father's study.

Should I write a letter to explain to IRCC that my father changed his year of birth back then. I'm leaning toward this approach but I'm still afraid it may open a can of worm and make IRCC question more about my father's application.

You opinion is appreciated!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No movement. I am hoping the final result will come the end of this summer after everyone got vaccinated.

galaxyman

Oct 10, 2019
Definite progress from CPC-Mississauga. Today I logged on to CIC and saw this!

Review of Medical Results: April 18, 2021. You passed the medical exam.

This was actually passed on January 15, 2020 so hope this means that they don't need another one. Fingers crossed!

@robertp , please could you update the tracker #571, thank you :)
I got a similar update today: "April 21, 2021. You passed the medical exam." Originally medical was passed in February 2020.
Not sure what is next and when.

Reactions: Leonora7

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Everyone, We've got the approval (COPR) today!

@robertp, @YULIA-2016, kindly update the tracker #551.

Application received on June 5, 2019.
Medical extended - Dec 19, 2020 to Apr 12, 2021.
Background check completed on Apr 13, 2021
Final Decision - Apr 20, 2021
LVO - CPC-M

Thank you all!
Did your parents ever receive biometrics request?

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Hope someone can give me your thoughts and opinions about my case. Thank you in advance!

_____
Hi all,

I'm sponsoring my parents to come to Canada and really appreciate your opinions about my case.

Back to 40 years ago, my father changed his year of birth on his birth certificate from 1960 to 1950. And 1950 becomes his official year of birth on all other documents till today. The reason for this change is because he tried to avoid the military service back then.

On the sponsorship application, he provided 1950 as the year of birth which is matched with other documents (birth certificate, passport, marriage certificate). On his schedule A, however, we still declared my father graduated from high school in 1978 - which is the actual year he finished high school but that would make him graduate from high school at the age of 28 because his year of birth on paper is 1950.

Now that IRCC is requesting updated schedule A from the age of 18 of my father and his proof of study. Can anyone give me your opinion what is the best response to IRCC in this situation. Note that we no longer have any proof of my father's study.

Should I write a letter to explain to IRCC that my father changed his year of birth back then. I'm leaning toward this approach but I'm still afraid it may open a can of worm and make IRCC question more about my father's application.

Whatever you do say the truth, if they find out otherwise that you lied you could jeopardize the whole application.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

_____
Hi all,

I agree with another memeber. State the truth and explain that it was a mistake made a long time ago. It was wrong to change birth year and pretent to be 10 years older. Also if possible try to fix the records so that for his future medical and just as a person, his records truely reflect his age.

Meidcal treatment for a 70 years old and a 80 years old may be very different and will make an impact to his future in Canada.

DBPrince

Apr 20, 2012
Congrats! Do you know what is the meaning of this in the letter: "Your Permanent Resident document(s) will expire one year after the date of your medical examinations or earlier if your passport or the passports of your spouse or dependent children (if applicable) expire on an earlier date."? Medical examinations has already expired. Does it mean the date that is shown in mycic? Thanks.
Thanks! My parents Medical got extended. Original Expiry date was Dec. 19, 2020.
But I think what will be the basis now is COPR's expiry date (provided that the passport will not expire before COPR).

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Hello @YULIA-2016 @robertp ,

Received a notification that decision has been made with COPR today. File is in London VO. There are no messages on MyCIC but it says there are 3 COPRs with expiry a year from now. My parents and my sister are already in Canada under supervisa (sister under student visa).

Do you know what is supposed to happen now? Will they mail the COPRs?

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST.