+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

tiwana2555

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi there,

I am not an expert here but I roughly calculated based on others feedback in the forum and it takes about 15-20 days from the date the results are posted as "Passed" on MyCIC to see DM on ECAS. The update in my case was also seen in the same time duration as my mother passed 2nd IME on March 30th, 2021 and DM was seen on April 18th, 2021.

You will also receive the positive feedback from NDVO. Have faith in the process and system.
Thanks

canindian2019

Jun 3, 2019
Thanks!! Yes, my mother is in India and the case is processed by NDVO. Also, she had to undergo through 2nd IME.
Great thanks!
keeping fingers crossed, hope they start clearing the backlog, as we all have waited enough.

any specific action you had to take to have this process expedited.

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Great thanks!
keeping fingers crossed, hope they start clearing the backlog, as we all have waited enough.

any specific action you had to take to have this process expedited.
No, I did not take any specific action. Like everyone, I was also waiting patiently for IRCC to respond.

Last edited:

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
@robertp @laxsun @YULIA-2016

Line #121
New medical requested on April 18, 2021. It looks like Mississauga office started working in weekend too. LOL. Seriously, I am not sure why the letter issued on Sunday and I have received it around 2:00pm EST.

on the same day in a different letter they also asked for the current residential address. For some unknown reason, from the beginning till now they are showing my Canadian address as my parents residential address. my parents never been to Canada. how do I provide them the address? is an email fine or there is any form that I should fill up and submit. Any comments on this matter will be highly appreciated.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
I am stuck at application received with no hope of anything right now. Called call centers multiple times nothing , sent new NOA hoping they will touch the file nothing , got an mp to send a letter nothing changed. I dont know what else to do . Here is 0 hope/ My mom is getting sicker day by day . my brother's future is on hold. I dontknow what to do

Reactions: mydesire

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@robertp @laxsun @YULIA-2016

Line #121
New medical requested on April 18, 2021. It looks like Mississauga office started working in weekend too. LOL. Seriously, I am not sure why the letter issued on Sunday and I have received it around 2:00pm EST.

on the same day in a different letter they also asked for the current residential address. For some unknown reason, from the beginning till now they are showing my Canadian address as my parents residential address. my parents never been to Canada. how do I provide them the address? is an email fine or there is any form that I should fill up and submit. Any comments on this matter will be highly appreciated.
Tracker updated.
Send your parents' address by webform and email both. Email to CPCM used to bounce back. Try several times.

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
Tracker updated.
Send your parents' address by webform and email both. Email to CPCM used to bounce back. Try several times.
Thank You :)

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
Hope you don't mind me asking but are your parents in Canada? If not, definitely some progress :)
my parents are not in Canada, so perhaps more progress for applicants still at overseas at the moment? i provided my address in Canada as the correspondent though and interestingly, in the request letter that is my canadian address, which is not the residential address for my parents. So IRCC is also asking for current residential address proof? the exact phase in the letter is below:

"After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:

Please provide the current residential address for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the processing of your application.

it then goes on to ask for the medical to be done again"

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Leonora7

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
my parents are not in Canada, so perhaps more progress for applicants still at overseas at the moment? i provided my address in Canada as the correspondent though and interestingly, in the request letter that is my canadian address, which is not the residential address for my parents. So IRCC is also asking for current residential address proof? the exact phase in the letter is below:

"After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:

Please provide the current residential address for yourself and your dependant family member (if applicable). You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately throughout the processing of your application.

it then goes on to ask for the medical to be done again"

Hope this helps!
Thanks, fingers crossed for us both :)

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Can you give your file and office details
My file is in London and we had applied in May of 2019.

Let me know if you need any other details :). It has been decision made for atleast a week and half now for Principal applicant. Does anyone know what this means?

ZenithXion

Dec 8, 2019
@serious_cheese good news on my end. Finally got in touch with NDVO and they had me send my mom's passport to New York office. CoPR letter has been received April 19th saying passport is on it's way back with affixed visa. Landing will happen in the next 6 - 9 months.

Thank you all for all the help and support over the last two years. Now both my wife and mom are PRs , and I have a little baby born in Canada who will never have to worry about all this paperwork and immigration headache in general. Good luck to everybody, god bless.

PunjabiDeadpool

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi @robertp Got an update in CIC account. The medical had expired on Mar 16,2021. IRCC have extended the Medical.

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - April 19, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

No other update. I haven't received the Biometrics yet.

GCMS Notes says: " Biometrics fee received. however PA appears to be currently residing in Canada as of this date. APR officer to review if biometrics fees are needed or if refund is to be issued. Application locked in on 2019/06/21. Case held at CPC-M for APR processing "

Any suggestions. what to expect next? DM2? Biometrics? Passport request? Virtual Landing?

Reactions: serious_cheese

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hi @robertp Got an update in CIC account. The medical had expired on Mar 16,2021. IRCC have extended the Medical.

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - April 19, 2021:You passed the medical exam.

No other update. I haven't received the Biometrics yet.

GCMS Notes says: " Biometrics fee received. however PA appears to be currently residing in Canada as of this date. APR officer to review if biometrics fees are needed or if refund is to be issued. Application locked in on 2019/06/21. Case held at CPC-M for APR processing "

Any suggestions. what to expect next? DM2? Biometrics? Passport request? Virtual Landing?
I have exactly same, as my parents are currently living in Canada on Super visa.

Bc duki kita peya.

MaddyBhatia1041

Apr 2, 2021
We can provide you with the following details about the status of your constituent’s application to sponsor parents:
• The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on June 20, 2019.
• The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor is eligible has been finalized on March 12, 2020.
• The eligibility requirements assessment has not been initiated.
• The medical examination results have not been requested for the applicant.
• The criminality verifications have not been initiated.
• The security verifications have not been initiated.
• Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for your constituent and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

@robertp @laxsun
@YULIA-2016 @serious_cheese

Hi Robert, This is a revert I got from NDVO. Can you suggest with your experience how much time it may take to get all this steps done...
@robertp @serious_cheese @YULIA-2016 @laxsun
Requesting advice please

Koi ta dusso ki banuga yaar !!!!