+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi Everyone, I received a medical request for my mom dad. They are in India and got their covid vaccine (Covishield - 1st dose) 2 days ago. Is that a concern for IRCCC medical ? Anyone with a similar case or had a medical done after covid vaccine ?

Jsaini86

Dec 30, 2019
hi everyone.
can someone tell me how long it takes for IRCC to response back after medical being submitted by panel physician in India?
I mean what's the next step now? if someone can answer!
Thank you in advance.

tiwana2555

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
My Mother did on 3rd April in BC CANADA, Still not updated in MYCIC

My wife did on 3rd FEB, showed in MYCIC on 14TH Feb

So roughly 2 weeks here and there

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Hello Ashu,
Did your parents come to Canada on a Visitor Visa while PGP application was in process ? Did you inform IRCC that they are in Canada now ? In short, I want to ask is Can parents come to Canada on Visitor Visa while PGP application is in process ? I hope they do not need to go back to India to get CoPR.
Hi,

My parents were here on PGP Visa ( super visa with a stay of 2 years) long before I had applied the sponsorship. The address I quoted was of Canada on the file, even then it was transferred to New Delhi.

The short answer to your question is Yes they can come to Canada while their application is still pending, provided you inform IRCC about it

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Please update, these requests came in on April 6, 2021.
#Received email asking for police clearance certificate and supplementary information for for travels. Do you need clearance from Canada as well? Mother has been in Canada for last 15 months as visitor.
#Received email asking for medical report client biodata and summary form to be completed by panel physician. Had done medicals way back in early 2020 and now she is in Canada visiting. The form is about immigration medical exam grading, and valid identity document sighted.
Provide police clearances from other countries than Canada. For Canada, sometimes they ask for RCMP finger printing.
In future please tag @robertp @laxsun and @serious_cheese to update the tracker.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hi Everyone, I received a medical request for my mom dad. They are in India and got their covid vaccine (Covishield - 1st dose) 2 days ago. Is that a concern for IRCCC medical ? Anyone with a similar case or had a medical done after covid vaccine ?
when was your file received?

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
COVID-19 update: Applicants should start collecting supporting information as IRCC resumes processing of applications in progress
What you need to do if you still have to provide a document in support of your application

• Check the last email or letter you received from IRCC to confirm what documents you need to provide. As it can take time to get this information, it’s important to start collecting the documents now, so you will be able to submit them on time when we ask for them.
  • You’ll receive another request from IRCC in the coming weeks or months and will have 30 days from the date you receive this new request to submit the supporting documents.
    • If you need to provide your fingerprints and photo (biometrics), book an appointment with your local VAC or ASC as soon as possible. Appointment slots fill up quickly, and some offices are operating with reduced hours of service.
    • Check IRCC’s website to find out if your local VAC or ASC is open and book your biometrics appointment. At your appointment, follow all local public health requirements and bring a copy of your biometric instruction letter.
  • After the 30‑day deadline, an IRCC officer will make a decision on your application, where possible.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Hi, Anyone waiting for PR card since October 2020? My parents were in Canada and virtually landed vis Etobicoke office. Photographs were sent out in the first week of November but nothing yet on their PR card. Is anyone in the same situation?

thanks...

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
May 30, 2018
Hi,

My parents were here on PGP Visa ( super visa with a stay of 2 years) long before I had applied the sponsorship. The address I quoted was of Canada on the file, even then it was transferred to New Delhi.

The short answer to your question is Yes they can come to Canada while their application is still pending, provided you inform IRCC about it
Thanks a lot for answering :)