+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Immigration Canada provides processing timelines during COVIDA new IRCC update provides a window into the processing status of applications for several immigration programs.

Permanent residence
IRCC says it is working at full capacity to process permanent residency applications. However, COVID-19 caused a backlog in applications, so you may experience some delays.

At the time of writing, IRCC said it was finalizing most of the Canadian Experience Class applications they received between May 24 and May 30, 2020, meaning decision-makers are working on applications that they received about 10 months ago.

Citizenship
DocumentApplicantsIRCC Status
Grant of CitizenshipReceived AOR LetterFinalizing most applications received between March 31 and April 6, 2019.
Grant of CitizenshipWaiting to receive AORSending letters for applications received the week of January 21, 2021.
Proof of CitizenshipCheck Client Application Status Tool. Processing time is 5 months.
Family
ProgramApplication typeIRCC Status
Spousal, common-law, dependent child sponsorshipInlandFinalizing most applications received between Sept. 29 and Oct. 5, 2019.
Spousal, common-law, dependent child sponsorshipOutlandFinalizing most applications received between May 26 and June 1, 2019.
Parents and GrandparentsCheck online account.
Adoptive child or other relativeCheck online account.
Temporary workers
Work Permit TypeOnline or PaperEligible for Global Skills StrategyIRCC Status
Work Permit Outside CanadaOnlineYesFinalizing most applications received between September 20 and 26, 2020.
Work Permit Outside CanadaOnlineNoCheck online account.
Work Permit Outside CanadaPaperCan't give accurate processing time.
Work permit inside Canada (initial, extensions and changes)OnlineFinalizing most applications received between December 13 and 19, 2020.
Work permit inside Canada (initial, extensions and changes)PaperFinalizing most applications received between December 13 and 19, 2020.
For asylum claimantsOnlineFinalizing most applications received between December 6 and 12, 2020.
For asylum claimantsPaperFinalizing most applications received between December 6 and 12, 2020.
Unfortunately it therefore looks as though PGP is at the back of the queue.

charlesjain

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hi
Do cic tell you on ecas that medical is passed? And after how many days you come to know that medical is passed?
Thanks!
First medical examination's results were posted on MyCIC and ECAS after 7-8 days.
However, in case of second medical examination, MyCIC has been updated with medical results after 7 days while ECAS is not yet updated. Hopefully, it will be updated soon.

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Hello @robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun [/USER] please update line #392

ECAS states changed just 30 minutes ago
Permanent Residence Application Status:Decision Made

Reactions: laxsun

JanC

Dec 8, 2015
hello, i got a passport request already but i noticed that in the upload document, 2 rows for client information appeared. but whenever i go out of the upload document section and go back to it, the rows disappears. i did not receive any other letter nor the online status change or updated. is anyone experiencing the same thing? i already sent an email to my visa processing office but is just waiting for their reply.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same status since Dece 03, 2020

We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:
Review of medical results - December 3, 2020:You passed the medical exam.

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
I have a question, i cannot stop wondering but please help me understand this:

Approved permanent residence applications (with a COPR and PRV issued to clients outside Canada)

Travelling from the US (group 4)
Applicants with expired COPRs can travel to Canada from the US for non-discretionary reasons to settle and live in Canada as a permanent resident if

• their application was approved
  • they received their COPR and PRV and
  • they have an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada
so it doesnt say what is the status of the person in USA. So lets say if someone is a visitor in USA and have their COPR expired - can they travel to canada and complete their landing ?

just curious to see what everyone else thinks :oops:
i called IRCC and confirmed it will not work as the person who is coming from USA must be living their permanently. Visitors will not count. Just thought i let everyone know :)
I kinda suspected it but jst wanted to make sure.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Hi, My parents landed virtually in October 2020 at Etobicoke office. They were in Canada. We had sent out the pictures and copr in November first week but still waiting for the PR card. Is there any one else in the similar situation?

How long it takes to get the PR cards after virtual landing at Etobicoke?

thanks....

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Hi, My parents landed virtually in October 2020 at Etobicoke office. They were in Canada. We had sent out the pictures and copr in November first week but still waiting for the PR card. Is there any one else in the similar situation?

How long it takes to get the PR cards after virtual landing at Etobicoke?

thanks....
We landed virtually in Vancouver, BC on Jan 27, 2021 and posted our PR card application on Jan 28, 2021. Received the PR cards on March 3. Not sure about Etobicoke. 4 months seem like a long time. Maybe you can call or send a webform to query

Reactions: geol and laxsun