+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

destinyyang

Mar 14, 2014
That's weird, for my in-laws they received a PPR email and was told to email MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca if they reside in Canada which we already did.

ECAS is already DM for them.
We changed address to Canada when we came. We had to apply for visitor visa extension in June and got approved in December 2020, and also I made a call to IRCC and confirmed current address the day before the COPR. I'm not sure which factor matters.
Anyway, I guess you need to follow the instructions in the letter and send email and let them know the current address. Good luck!

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
We changed address to Canada when we came. We had to apply for visitor visa extension in June and got approved in December 2020, and also I made a call to IRCC and confirmed current address the day before the COPR. I'm not sure which factor matters.
Anyway, I guess you need to follow the instructions in the letter and send email and let them know the current address. Good luck!
Hi, did you just apply for visitor extension in June or your TRV too had expired in June?

JanC

Dec 8, 2015
Does anyone have any experience with dependent having to land first because dependent is here stuck in Canada due to pandemic? While main applicant is in home country and will land as soon as travel restrictions and covid ease up a bit.
It was noted that dependent cannot land first before the applicant but this is extraordinary times so not sure if they will still be strict with applicant landing first before dependent.

Zimprincess

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Did anyone here have parents on tourist visa recently got vaccinated in canada? Would you know if they will be accepted just having passport and their visa with them?
I got my mum vaccinated this past Saturday in Montreal. No issues with not having health card, just take valid ID (we used passport).

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hi All,

Got this message yesterday from CIC. Did everyone got it or just few of us? Looks like they'll further delay the processing. Pls advice what you guys think.

Thanks!!

Update on IRCC processing capacity for your Family Class – Parents and Grandparents application.

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are looking forward to having you here.

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Family Class – Parents and Grandparents application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you.

This also means that we are unable to provide accurate processing times on individual applications at this time. As a result, we have removed the progress bar in the online account of Family Class – Parents and Grandparents clients. You can still get the most current information about the status of your Family Class – Parents and Grandparents application by checking the ‘Details about application status’ section in your online account.
I did not get this email. who is getting these, Sponsor or the applicant?

Reactions: salmunsu

jaymistry

Dec 28, 2018
Hello Every one pls. help i have a question.
for my inlaws pr application finally after a long time i have received a reqest from cic to send police clearance , travel history and work history for my father in law before he retired. it also says FBI clearance if your stay in usa was over six months. in my inlaws case it is 5& 1/2 months. but when i log in to my online application it shows a document upload link for FBI clearance in red Required. but in my inlaws case they did not stay over six months. what should i do ?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Please update @jayeshaminnew @robertp Finally Parents got COPR and did virtual landing,. Parents got Health card as well and applied for PR card.. Thank you everyone for the support..
Congrats!
May I ask you a question regarding the visitor extension of your parents? Did the IRCC ask for a medical or you submitted on your own with the application? Thanks

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Every one pls. help i have a question.
for my inlaws pr application finally after a long time i have received a reqest from cic to send police clearance , travel history and work history for my father in law before he retired. it also says FBI clearance if your stay in usa was over six months. in my inlaws case it is 5& 1/2 months. but when i log in to my online application it shows a document upload link for FBI clearance in red Required. but in my inlaws case they did not stay over six months. what should i do ?
Hope someone who had similar experience will reply your query. I would have done one of following:
(1) Apply FBI clearance if it is hassle-free.
(2) Write an explanation letter with the visa stamps showing stay in USA was less than six months.