+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Didn't ask anything after medical and medical is expired as well ... NOA was only submitted with the application back in 2019. They just say that we have all documents and if required, we will contact you.
Just curious about your file date? My moms medical expired in Jan 2021 and they hvnt asked for redoing it. They say the same thing for our file too as in background check is in process.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi All,

Got this message yesterday from CIC. Did everyone got it or just few of us? Looks like they'll further delay the processing. Pls advice what you guys think.

Thanks!!

Update on IRCC processing capacity for your Family Class – Parents and Grandparents application.

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in Canada. We are looking forward to having you here.

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we’re experiencing longer than usual processing delays. Rest assured, we are still actively processing your Family Class – Parents and Grandparents application, but it will take longer than usual to get back to you.

This also means that we are unable to provide accurate processing times on individual applications at this time. As a result, we have removed the progress bar in the online account of Family Class – Parents and Grandparents clients. You can still get the most current information about the status of your Family Class – Parents and Grandparents application by checking the ‘Details about application status’ section in your online account.
Yes, received the same june 04 2019 applicant

Reactions: DJay1234

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Just curious about your file date? My moms medical expired in Jan 2021 and they hvnt asked for redoing it. They say the same thing for our file too as in background check is in process.
same here, medical expired, no further instruction whether old will work or new will be required, I think they may ask to redo when they pick our file for processing.

mintmint

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Some people are still getting passport requests and some are waiting although if they have applied in the same year.. I have applied in 2018 and IRCC started processing the application in Jan 2019 but still showing "in progress" and yesterday received a lame email from IRCC.
What are the criteria for processing the applications here?
you are 2018 applicant? my god, whats going on here, im really confusing about their criteria of processing. lots of 2019 applicants landed already and still have 2018 applicants left behind

Reactions: serious_cheese

andybrownahm

Jan 7, 2020
Hey guys, i received pcc request for both my parents. I made the application for pcc through BLS. Now i received an email from someone in india stating they received the pcc application and they need me to submit copy of passport/visa/address proof/aadhar card etc, both my parents are here in canada with me. Is this normal?

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Hey guys, i received pcc request for both my parents. I made the application for pcc through BLS. Now i received an email from someone in india stating they received the pcc application and they need me to submit copy of passport/visa/address proof/aadhar card etc, both my parents are here in canada with me. Is this normal?
Have you provided these documents already with the initial request?
When i did it last year, i had to provide all of these documents with initial application at BLS centre.
And is this first request for pcc from IRCC or are they asking it second time?
What is your visa office?

jelefame

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Did anyone here have parents on tourist visa recently got vaccinated in canada? Would you know if they will be accepted just having passport and their visa with them?

Reactions: Rhill

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Did anyone here have parents on tourist visa recently got vaccinated in canada? Would you know if they will be accepted just having passport and their visa with them?
I have appointment for my parents on april 02, in Calgary.
As per Alberta Health services, visitors who are living in Canada for last 3 months or have plans to stay for 3 months or more, they can get the vaccine by showing proof of age such as passport.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
I'm in Mississauga and I got my mother's appointment booked through my doctor's clinic.

jelefame

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
I have appointment for my parents on april 02, in Calgary.
As per Alberta Health services, visitors who are living in Canada for last 3 months or have plans to stay for 3 months or more, they can get the vaccine by showing proof of age such as passport.
Great! I just thought they need to have ohip to get the vaccine

jelefame

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
I'm in Mississauga and I got my mother's appointment booked through my doctor's clinic.
We're still waiting here in hamilton. I'm just not sure if I would like the astrazeneca for them.. my parents are in their 60's so we may have to wait for phase 2

saber786

Nov 7, 2013
  1. received application on May 17, 2018.
  2. started processing on January 28, 2019.
One of my colleague's PGP medical was expired in Nov 2020. He got a re-medical request in Jan 2021 and a passport submission request in March 2021. During his application process, he had to resubmit a couple of documents that were not correct. His application was processed in May 2019.

saber786

Nov 7, 2013
you are 2018 applicant? my god, whats going on here, im really confusing about their criteria of processing. lots of 2019 applicants landed already and still have 2018 applicants left behind
That is the concern that applications which were processed after my parents have already landed here...

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014

Yes, someone from the police station in your area will come to check. You can send these documents to someone you know in your neighborhood if they can help to prove that your parents are residents of that locality if they are in Canada right now.

Reactions: andybrownahm