+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada expanding Sydney office to reunite families and improve processing
News release
March 5, 2021—Sydney, N.S.—In an effort to process more applications and reunite families faster, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is expanding its Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. This includes the addition of new office space and the hiring of 62 new employees.
The new space and additional staff will be primarily dedicated to family class overseas applications. These added resources will help IRCC process more applications and shorten processing times that have been extended during the pandemic.
Due to restrictions related to COVID-19, the Case Processing Centre in Sydney is currently limited to 30% occupancy. The opening of the new office space will significantly increase this capacity and will allow more employees who are currently working remotely to return to the office.
The 1-year lease for the additional space offers IRCC the flexibility to re-evaluate its needs in the years to come.
IRCC will always protect the health and safety of staff while serving Canadians and those who wish to come here.

renderm

Feb 25, 2021
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada expanding Sydney office to reunite families and improve processing
News release
March 5, 2021—Sydney, N.S.—In an effort to process more applications and reunite families faster, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada is expanding its Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. This includes the addition of new office space and the hiring of 62 new employees.
The new space and additional staff will be primarily dedicated to family class overseas applications. These added resources will help IRCC process more applications and shorten processing times that have been extended during the pandemic.
Due to restrictions related to COVID-19, the Case Processing Centre in Sydney is currently limited to 30% occupancy. The opening of the new office space will significantly increase this capacity and will allow more employees who are currently working remotely to return to the office.
The 1-year lease for the additional space offers IRCC the flexibility to re-evaluate its needs in the years to come.
IRCC will always protect the health and safety of staff while serving Canadians and those who wish to come here.
Thank you for sharing. Wonder if IRCC will transfer some of the CPC-M case to CPC-Sydney. I read on twitter somewhere that CPC M has been in confinement since November 23- which is highly possible since the COVID restriction in Mississauga has been pretty harsh.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Hey Folks,

My parents received their CoPR yesterday. Best wishes and good luck to everyone :)

Interest to sponsor Submission:
1/28/2019​
Invitations Receive Date:
4/24/2019​
Application received in Ottawa Date:
5/2/2019​
AoR Received (DATE):
7/11/2019​
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:Decision Made
Ecas Status for PR Application.Complete
Sponsorship In process Date:
8/19/2019​
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
2/18/2020​
PR Application Decision Made Date:
10/28/2020​
Biometric request :
3/2/2020​
MyCIC update:Review of medical result - You passed the medical exam
IME request date :
3/2/2020​
IME Passed date:
5/19/2020​
PCC request:
3/2/2020​
Additional document / travel history request date :
1/8/2020​
PPR Request
2/17/2021​
CoPR
3/4/2021​
Congratulations !!!

Reactions: JuneApplicantCEC

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Was IRCC aware he had metastitic cancer? Assume they may have said he would die within a year so if he spent 100K in one year he would still meet the requirement. Some of the crazy logic I have seen approved.
Yes, for sure, they brought the records with them to panel physician. I feel uncomfortable to ask them what was the primary, but at time if diagnosis it had multiple mets.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, for sure, they brought the records with them to panel physician. I feel uncomfortable to ask them what was the primary, but at time if diagnosis it had multiple mets.
Boggles my mind that they were approved but as I said we've seen others argue that their treatment will only las 1-2 years so they only need to meet the 100K over less years. Anyone who has known anyone with cancer know that just calculating medication isn't even close to average costs. Various forms of scans, medication, regular bloods, unfortunately ER trips/random hospital admissions, transfusions and other pretty expensive treatments to increase blood component levels, etc. There is some questionable judgement when it comes to who gets approved after pfl for medical inadmissibility. Also people who suddenly change treatment to something much less expensive after being on the other treatment longterm and will likely change back to the expensive treatment after approval. There are certain conditions which the government is very strict about but for others the calculation of costs makes very little sense to me and only medication seem to be considered.

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
@serious_cheese my mom received pre-arrival services letter from NDVO on Jan 13, 2021 and medical request on Feb 5, 2021. My IRCC account shows medical passed on March 1, 2021. Thanks!
when did you submit the tests?

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
A week or two ago. This was second medical request as the previous one expired.
congrats. my parents just did their second med test.
Our application was sent Sept 2018.. but its LVO which is noticeably slower.

Reactions: serious_cheese

destinyyang

Mar 14, 2014
Decision made on ecas today. Medical passed date from Dec 2019 changed to March 05 today in my account. What is next? Parents are here in Canada on extended TRV.

Timeline:
Received: June 12, 2019
PCC/Medical request: Nov 17, 2019
Additional document(Hukou in China) request: Oct 27, 2020
Pre arrival letter: Feb 14, 2021

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Decision made on ecas today. Medical passed date from Dec 2019 changed to March 05 today in my account. What is next? Parents are here in Canada on extended TRV.

Timeline:
Received: June 12, 2019
PCC/Medical request: Nov 17, 2019
Additional document(Hukou in China) request: Oct 27, 2020
Pre arrival letter: Feb 14, 2021
your VO?