+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Decision made on ecas today. Medical passed date from Dec 2019 changed to March 05 today in my account. What is next? Parents are here in Canada on extended TRV.

Timeline:
Received: June 12, 2019
PCC/Medical request: Nov 17, 2019
Additional document(Hukou in China) request: Oct 27, 2020
Pre arrival letter: Feb 14, 2021
[/QUOT
Next step is CoPR/ virtual landing. Congratulations!

Reactions: destinyyang

Shahp

Sep 6, 2020
Please suggest: parents are in Canada since November 2019 on visitor visa. Medical expired Jan 16/21. They have extended their stay twice anticipating passport call at anytime.

Now they are getting depressed and demoralized as they were not prepared for such a long stay and need to wind up few things back home.

Their file is at CPC-M. Is it advisable to leave Canada at this stage?

jelefame

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Medicals expired yesterday but it still shows medical passed march 6, 2020. Anyone on the same boat? I wonder why it didn't change to any status. Maybe because it's weekend?

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Please suggest: parents are in Canada since November 2019 on visitor visa. Medical expired Jan 16/21. They have extended their stay twice anticipating passport call at anytime.

Now they are getting depressed and demoralized as they were not prepared for such a long stay and need to wind up few things back home.

Their file is at CPC-M. Is it advisable to leave Canada at this stage?
I am on the same boat. Have taken two extensions of 1 year each. I think (and pray) that IRCC may be able to expedite, Recently there was news about the staff ramp up at NS Sydney so hopefully that would create some badnwidth for our cases..

Reactions: Shahp

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
My parents sponsorship is still under way application was submitted in 2019, my question is

Will CIC evaluate our 2020 income requirement based on income requirement when we submit the application ? or base on the new income requirement du to pandemic ?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
My parents sponsorship is still under way application was submitted in 2019, my question is

Will CIC evaluate our 2020 income requirement based on income requirement when we submit the application ? or base on the new income requirement du to pandemic ?
for sponsor approval stage 3 years right before the day you submit your application.
for permanent resident stage, 3 yrs plus years during process.

Reactions: serious_cheese

Simran006

Oct 27, 2020
Hi everyone ,
May 2019 PR Applicants, now in Canada on visitor visa. Their visitor stay is expiring in May 2021 so going to apply for visitor visa extension. Their medical expiring March 13,2021. Would they need to give their medical test for visitor visa or no as there is a medical related question in online questionnaire? I am confused !! Please help!!

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Hi everyone ,
May 2019 PR Applicants, now in Canada on visitor visa. Their visitor stay is expiring in May 2021 so going to apply for visitor visa extension. Their medical expiring March 13,2021. Would they need to give their medical test for visitor visa or no as there is a medical related question in online questionnaire? I am confused !! Please help!!
for visitor extension, medicals are required.
Really hope you get COPR before that.
Make sure you call and update address (not just via ECAS)

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
I am on the same boat. Have taken two extensions of 1 year each. I think (and pray) that IRCC may be able to expedite, Recently there was news about the staff ramp up at NS Sydney so hopefully that would create some badnwidth for our cases..
I am in a similar boat. When you say extend their visa, do you mean that their supervisa expired and then you applied for a visa extension?

My parents have been here for 8 months but they cant stay for more than 2 years in a row so thinking what to do if it is delayed further..

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
After the status changes to “Medical Passed”, how many days should it take to change to “Decision Made”? NDVO. Re-Medical. Anyone any experience with this please?

sandybrampton

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
I am in a similar boat. When you say extend their visa, do you mean that their supervisa expired and then you applied for a visa extension?

My parents have been here for 8 months but they cant stay for more than 2 years in a row so thinking what to do if it is delayed further..
My mother is on Visitor visa (and not super visa). Her visa expired in late 2019. I extended her visa (got visitor record) with 1 year extension each time. I had to do medical