+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

amesh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
I have seen here people discussing medical for extension, but I have had two extensions for my mother and I got the extensions without medical. She is on super visa.
How long extension your mother get it (one year or 2year)

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
Hello everyone. Iam a May 14 applicant and still waiting for decision on PA side. So, my parents are here with me now on visitor visa and their 6 months are ending in April.
My question is, do I need to apply for the extention for them to stay here with me or since their PR application is in process and it will be considered as an implied status and they can stay without any extention?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I have seen here people discussing medical for extension, but I have had two extensions for my mother and I got the extensions without medical. She is on super visa.
When parents are on supervisa, there is no need for medical again as medical was done at the time of initial processing of supervisa. But in case of visitor visa no medical was done initially and visit is restricted for 6 months. When any one apply for extension it will cross 6 months stay which requires medical. But if you apply second extension then medical is not asked.

Reactions: Hamied

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hello everyone. Iam a May 14 applicant and still waiting for decision on PA side. So, my parents are here with me now on visitor visa and their 6 months are ending in April.
My question is, do I need to apply for the extention for them to stay here with me or since their PR application is in process and it will be considered as an implied status and they can stay without any extention?
You have to apply for extension. You may apply extension for 1 year. Once you apply for extension then only implied status will be considered till approval of Visa extension.

Mar 9, 2021
I received pre-arrival letter in December 2019 for my parents, after Medical and Biometrics. Since then I have heard nothing, I requested GMCS notes three times and all it says background check. I had to re-do medical this year and parents passed the medical this year in Jan-2021. I have received no updates whatsoever is there any one in same boat, this May 19 2 years will be completed and I am not sure what to do? Please advise

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I received pre-arrival letter in December 2019 for my parents, after Medical and Biometrics. Since then I have heard nothing, I requested GMCS notes three times and all it says background check. I had to re-do medical this year and parents passed the medical this year in Jan-2021. I have received no updates whatsoever is there any one in same boat, this May 19 2 years will be completed and I am not sure what to do? Please advise
Hopefully you will get decision made/ PPR any time sooner. What's the VO?

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Re medical request Feb 23, medical done Feb 28, Medical passed on Ecas March 05, PPR March 10.
The passport request came in the original email that was given in the application not in cic or online account.
It also asks for the followings

"Please submit your passport(s), passport-sized photos, travel/itinerary plan and quarantine/self-isolation plan with the attached appendix B via the VAC"
Anyone submitted travel and quarantine plan with the PPs? something new I am seeing with PPR

Reactions: serious_cheese

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Re medical request Feb 23, medical done Feb 28, Medical passed on Ecas March 05, PPR March 10.
The passport request came in the original email that was given in the application not in cic or online account.
It also asks for the followings

"Please submit your passport(s), passport-sized photos, travel/itinerary plan and quarantine/self-isolation plan with the attached appendix B via the VAC"
Anyone submitted travel and quarantine plan with the PPs? something new I am seeing with PPR
Hi, What’s your visa office? Also, was there any change in the online account other than medical passed?