+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,

My parents medical passed date just vanished from MyCIC and now it just says no medical required at this time. They had passed in on Feb26th of 2020. They received the Pre-arrival on Feb 12th this year. Ecas still has principal applicant as "In Progress".

Does the medical date vanishing mean anything at all? @YULIA-2016 @robertp , y'all know these pretty well. Any input?

THANK YOU EVERYONE HERE!

Reactions: serious_cheese

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,

My parents medical passed date just vanished from MyCIC and now it just says no medical required at this time. They had passed in on Feb26th of 2020. They received the Pre-arrival on Feb 12th this year. Ecas still has principal applicant as "In Progress".

Does the medical date vanishing mean anything at all? @YULIA-2016 @robertp , y'all know these pretty well. Any input?

THANK YOU EVERYONE HERE!
Also, "additional documents" section changed from "we have received your additional documents" to "Not Applicable" now.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Quarantine at hotel is related to the test on arrival irrespective of the purpose unless you have an exemption letter from government. The traveller has to wait at hotel for results which take 3 days and if negative, can move to the place of quarantine for rest of the days( 11 days). In case of the positive results - stay at hotel for rest of the period and again test will be repeated. Please check the details here:

https://nationalpost.com/news/keep-the-price-quiet-all-you-need-to-know-about-government-authorized-hotels-for-mandatory-three-day-covid-stays/wcm/9cf876ba-10f5-437b-89e8-9d1233404cd7/amp/
National post is not the source for info :).

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Foreign national without symptoms - non-U.S - Approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • not coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
  • approved after March 18, 2020 at noon EST
To be able to enter Canada, you must be sponsored by an immediate family member, and coming to Canada to settle permanently.
It does not apply to people who come for reunion and not just COPR holders

rattan786

Star Member
Mar 12, 2020
I am waiting since June 2019 application received. One year after that in Feb 2020 biometric and file moved to NDVO then nothing after that. Is there anyone else with same timeline.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi All,
I am confused. It is saying that our parents can't land now if they have received their PR visa after March 2020.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

But in here https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start it says they can come if they have immediate family in canada.
Your parents can land even with COPR issued after March 18, 2020 as immediate family members. Please go through the papers that came with COPR.

Reactions: leilay and geol

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello Everyone,

THANK YOU EVERYONE HERE!
That normally happened to most of cases when medical expired. In the next few weeks, CIC may extend medical validity or request re-medical.

destinyyang

Mar 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

THANK YOU EVERYONE HERE!
My parents medical line vanished early Dec 2020, and till now nothing requested or updated yet. The additional documents line changed from received to reviewing. We got pre arrival Feb 13.

Reactions: salmunsu

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

THANK YOU EVERYONE HERE!
After 1 year the medical expires so either they will get a request for a new medical or someone will extend the validity of their current medical.

Reactions: serious_cheese

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have no idea... from researching it seems that it applies to everyone coming in, it doesn’t say if family reunification purposes are exempted. I am also trying to find out because my husband is going to be coming in after feb 22nd. There is nothing clear about it so annoying!
He should have booked a quarantine hotel for 3 nights and have proof of his reservation when he goes to his flight along with his negative PCR covid test.

Reactions: mandy24

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!
Just want to ask if there is someone who’s parents (COPR holder) are coming in to Canada after Feb 22, are they included on the new mandatory hotel quarantine and testing at the airport?
Yes they will need to quarantine in a hotel for at least 2-3 days.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m sure the testing at the airport is mandatory, the hotel likely not, because immigration for parents which falling under reunion with family members on the list for travel exemptions and should be considered essential travel and not a vacation. Hope I’m right , will see.......
The testing isn’t mandatory but if you refuse you’ll receive a huge fine or potentially some other charge. It essentially makes it very difficult for people to refuse the test. Your parents arriving isn’t essential travel based on IRCC’s definition. They need to book a quarantine hotel before coming to Canada.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
The testing isn’t mandatory but if you refuse you’ll receive a huge fine or potentially some other charge. It essentially makes it very difficult for people to refuse the test. Your parents arriving isn’t essential travel based on IRCC’s definition. They need to book a quarantine hotel before coming to Canada.
Monday Feb 22, test is mandatory at the airport and hotel stay for 3 days is to wait for result for every one. Who get positive results has to continue stay for rest of quarantine period and again go for test. Others with negative results can complete quarantine period as per details submitted on ArriveCan app.