VISA ISSUED...
02-03-15
LANDED..........
04-04-15

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hi!
Just want to ask if there is someone who’s parents (COPR holder) are coming in to Canada after Feb 22, are they included on the new mandatory hotel quarantine and testing at the airport?

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi!
Just want to ask if there is someone who’s parents (COPR holder) are coming in to Canada after Feb 22, are they included on the new mandatory hotel quarantine and testing at the airport?
I’m sure the testing at the airport is mandatory, the hotel likely not, because immigration for parents which falling under reunion with family members on the list for travel exemptions and should be considered essential travel and not a vacation. Hope I’m right , will see.......

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Hi!

I have no idea... from researching it seems that it applies to everyone coming in, it doesn’t say if family reunification purposes are exempted. I am also trying to find out because my husband is going to be coming in after feb 22nd. There is nothing clear about it so annoying!

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I’m sure the testing at the airport is mandatory, the hotel likely not, because immigration for parents which falling under reunion with family members on the list for travel exemptions and should be considered essential travel and not a vacation. Hope I’m right , will see.......
Quarantine at hotel is related to the test on arrival irrespective of the purpose unless you have an exemption letter from government. The traveller has to wait at hotel for results which take 3 days and if negative, can move to the place of quarantine for rest of the days( 11 days). In case of the positive results - stay at hotel for rest of the period and again test will be repeated. Please check the details here:

https://nationalpost.com/news/keep-the-price-quiet-all-you-need-to-know-about-government-authorized-hotels-for-mandatory-three-day-covid-stays/wcm/9cf876ba-10f5-437b-89e8-9d1233404cd7/amp/

Last edited:

mandy24

Jan 4, 2021
Quarantine at hotel is related to the test on arrival irrespective of the purpose unless you have an exemption letter from government. The traveller has to wait at hotel for results which take 3 days and if negative, can move to the place of quarantine for rest of the days( 11 days). In case of the positive results - stay at hotel for rest of the period and again test will be repeated.
But can you travel domestically to your final destination after 3 day hotel quarantine if results are negative??

They really need to clarify things like this

intel2

Apr 22, 2013
Hi folks, Anyone in similar situation here. Appreciate any help.

Summary of my application:
- Received 'Decision Made' on my sponsorship application for my mother (App. was received in Ottawa on 19 Jun 2019) today; says that I have met the requirements for eligibility as sponsor. And says that PR App for your relative will be processed at CPC Missisauga. I am based out of BC and my mother is in India so is Mississauga right?

There hasn't been any update at all after last update on 28 October 2020.

Is there a way to reach out to CIC to see what's going on or get a status update? Thanks for your help.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp you both have championed this subject so any guidance from you folks will be great. Thanks much.

Edit: I just submitted a request for GCMS notes so hopefully should get information from that as to why application is not moving forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi folks, Anyone in similar situation here. Appreciate any help.

Summary of my application:
- Received 'Decision Made' on my sponsorship application for my mother (App. was received in Ottawa on 19 Jun 2019) today; says that I have met the requirements for eligibility as sponsor. And says that PR App for your relative will be processed at CPC Missisauga. I am based out of BC and my mother is in India so is Mississauga right?

There hasn't been any update at all after last update on 28 October 2020.

Is there a way to reach out to CIC to see what's going on or get a status update? Thanks for your help.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp you both have championed this subject so any guidance from you folks will be great. Thanks much.
Next step is biometric request.
Call at CIC Phone # 1888-242-2100. Then press 2-1-3-0 right after you heard options to select.

Reactions: intel2

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hi All,
I am confused. It is saying that our parents can't land now if they have received their PR visa after March 2020.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

But in here https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start it says they can come if they have immediate family in canada.
Foreign national without symptoms - non-U.S - Approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • not coming from the United States
  • an approved permanent resident not yet in Canada
  • approved after March 18, 2020 at noon EST
To be able to enter Canada, you must be sponsored by an immediate family member, and coming to Canada to settle permanently.