+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I remember reading about this somewhere but I received the pre-arrival letter today in the myCIC portal:
"
Hello,
We are currently processing your application for permanent residency.

You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services.

They can help you to:
• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada;
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and • Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including language training, after you arrive in Canada.

Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination: You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers listed on the IRCC website.
Join us on Facebook ( ) and follow us on Twitter www.facebook.com/CitCanada ( ) for regular updates on immigration, settlement services and citizenship. www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada Sincerely, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
"

Does this mean anything at all? My files has had no movement since Feb 26 when we passed the medicals. Would appreciate any input @robertp and everyone else.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello Everyone,

I remember reading about this somewhere but I received the pre-arrival letter today in the myCIC portal:
"
Hello,
We are currently processing your application for permanent residency.

You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These services are only available to you before you enter Canada. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) funds settlement service provider organizations to deliver pre-arrival services at no cost to you. We strongly recommend that you use pre-arrival services.

They can help you to:
• Prepare for your move to Canada and learn about living and working in Canada;
• Get your education, work experience, and professional licenses and certificates recognized in Canada;
• Connect with employers; and • Connect with organizations that offer free settlement services, including language training, after you arrive in Canada.

Explore the list of pre-arrival services available to you offered by the federal government or the provincial or territorial government of your destination: You will need to provide a copy of this letter when you register with the service providers listed on the IRCC website.
Join us on Facebook ( ) and follow us on Twitter www.facebook.com/CitCanada ( ) for regular updates on immigration, settlement services and citizenship. www.twitter.com/CitImmCanada Sincerely, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
"

Does this mean anything at all? My files has had no movement since Feb 26 when we passed the medicals. Would appreciate any input @robertp and everyone else.
Good that London VO moving fwd your application. keep eyes on your ECAS there is chance that your file status update soon to DM, as per tracker from London VO few applicant got DM within 2-4 week after pre arrival service letter but in your case your medical soon expired.
Keep eyes on your Ecas for DM & myCIC to check your medical passed date . if they make decision before medical expired VO give you extension for medical and will update Ecas to DM.

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Good that London VO moving fwd your application. keep eyes on your ECAS there is chance that your file status update soon to DM, as per tracker from London VO few applicant got DM within 2-4 week after pre arrival service letter but in your case your medical soon expired.
Keep eyes on your Ecas for DM & myCIC to check your medical passed date . if they make decision before medical expired VO give you extension for medical and will update Ecas to DM.
Thank you! I am hoping we don't have to redo the medical. London VO has been frustratingly slow after getting off to a very quick start.

Thank you for your input Robert!

jelefame

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
yes you can change their address to yours once they arrive in Canada via webform
Thank you! Their first medical is soon to expire. Not sure if we're getting extension as I haven't heard anything from CPC-M. if we get 2nd medical request and they're here in canada on tourist visa, we can do their 2nd medical here right?

Reactions: Rhill

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I have a question regarding the Canadian visitor visa of my father. His visitor visa will expire in Sept 2021 (10yrs multiple entry). If he travels, does it have to be valid for atleast six months? CPC-M is so slow, was thinking he can come and stay here if need be to maintain the visitor visa.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
I have a question regarding the Canadian visitor visa of my father. His visitor visa will expire in Sept 2021 (10yrs multiple entry). If he travels, does it have to be valid for atleast six months? CPC-M is so slow, was thinking he can come and stay here if need be to maintain the visitor visa.
As in does it need to be valid for 6 months to enter Canada? I believe the answer is no. You can apply for an extension as well once your father is here.

Reactions: Feb2004

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
What does it mean by further medical information is required?
My mother is fine and healthy And in fact she cleared a medical exam here in canada in 2020. We have to do another medical exam this year and they wants us to reappear to panel physician to to additional test.
What type of additional test are they
going to perfom?

destinyyang

Mar 14, 2014
June 12 applicant, CPC-M, got pre-arrival letter yesterday. Parents are in Canada since 15 months ago. Do we need to do anything about it? What are we expecting next? Thanks.

Reactions: serious_cheese