VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Last edited:
Reactions: Rhill

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
For the ones who got an extension for thwir parents medicals, can you please let me know how can this be confirmed??

My mum's medicals expired on Feb 10, and the status in her account changed to 'you do not need medicals, we will send you a message if this changes'.
What would this status change to, if re-medicals are not required??

Thanks for all your help and guidance!
your mom is in Canada?
irrespective of status on Gckey, as per the trend, if parents are in Canada then medicals are getting extended. Parents who are outside are getting medical requests again.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
For the ones who got an extension for thwir parents medicals, can you please let me know how can this be confirmed??

My mum's medicals expired on Feb 10, and the status in her account changed to 'you do not need medicals, we will send you a message if this changes'.
What would this status change to, if re-medicals are not required??

Thanks for all your help and guidance!
you would either get a medical extension letter or an updated "medical pass" date on your GCkey account from my understanding

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
for sending Passports to VFS office in Delhi. My parents have old & new passports, do i need to send expired and new passport both? Also why is VFS asking for two separate packages when both my parent are under one application and to be collected from same home? are they trying to squeeze more money out of us by asking two separate couriers for Applicant & Dependant.
only valid passport for stamping ( no need to send expired passport unless IRCC not send you any special note ), 1 applicant passport per pkg. check here how to prepare packages. : Two Way courier services VFS New Delhi - India | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

Last edited:

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
I am in a similar boat. Has IRCC done your eligibility review as a sponsor? I understand thats the first step and in my case they havent even done that. Last communication with them was over a year ago when they requested my birth certificate.
They have not , I have GCMS notes twice they have not started working on the eligibility . Last time they ask me document was the use of rep form for myself which is bizarre. Other than that no additional document requested just application received status. What is your date of lock in ? Have you received AOR?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
They have not , I have GCMS notes twice they have not started working on the eligibility . Last time they ask me document was the use of rep form for myself which is bizarre. Other than that no additional document requested just application received status. What is your date of lock in ? Have you received AOR?
Mine was received on June 12, 2019. Ecas shows in process but only states application was received on June 12. Very frustrating!