+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi everyone, how long are Police certificate good for? and would they be expired just like the medical check?
typically good for between 6 months (country of residence) to a year. Some people recently have received requests for new PCCs but most others have not. Its not one that in my experience IRCC pays as much attention to as medical checks.

Reactions: robertp

mjadawala

Jul 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
13-03-2017 - Travel History IMM5562E
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Done....
17-12-2016; Med's passed - 23-03-2017
Quick question: Do you need to maintain any level of income after your PGP application is received & being processed?
Yes, need to maintain until parents land and have their COPR validated.

MineshPatel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
Hello
I just received a request from Delhi to reappear at panel physicians office for further medical check-up. This was our 2nd medical exam. The first one back in 2020 she cleared it without any issue. Has anyone had similar experiences? Is there anything to worry about?

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
for sending Passports to VFS office in Delhi. My parents have old & new passports, do i need to send expired and new passport both? Also why is VFS asking for two separate packages when both my parent are under one application and to be collected from same home? are they trying to squeeze more money out of us by asking two separate couriers for Applicant & Dependant.

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hello
I just received a request from Delhi to reappear at panel physicians office for further medical check-up. This was our 2nd medical exam. The first one back in 2020 she cleared it without any issue. Has anyone had similar experiences? Is there anything to worry about?
my parents did their first medical in Canada and passed it without any complications in Oct 2019. They left in Mar 2020 and in Dec 2020 they got request for second medical request in India. They passed the medical again but the Max Hospital did extra test by calling them again on another day because i guess they dont wanna leave any oppurtunity to make more money.

Reactions: MineshPatel

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hello
How was the initial one? did ur parents have to do additional test too?

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Parents landed Jan 2.
PR application link to myCIC Jan 5th
PR status approved Feb 3
PR card received Feb 10

OHIP apply next day after 14 days in house quarantine period completed. OHIP coverage start same day ( no more 90 days waiting period)
Good to know about OHIP coverage! Needs to be applied in person? At Service Canada?
thanks

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
for sending Passports to VFS office in Delhi. My parents have old & new passports, do i need to send expired and new passport both? Also why is VFS asking for two separate packages when both my parent are under one application and to be collected from same home? are they trying to squeeze more money out of us by asking two separate couriers for Applicant & Dependant.
Sounds like that. Should be one package and one courier service payment.

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
I have got the MP to send a letter to expedite my mother's file since she is feeling extremely lonely after my father demise. Will keep you all posted in regards to what the outcome will be

I am in a similar boat. Has IRCC done your eligibility review as a sponsor? I understand thats the first step and in my case they havent even done that. Last communication with them was over a year ago when they requested my birth certificate.

Chintspatel

Apr 4, 2018
For the ones who got an extension for thwir parents medicals, can you please let me know how can this be confirmed??

My mum's medicals expired on Feb 10, and the status in her account changed to 'you do not need medicals, we will send you a message if this changes'.
What would this status change to, if re-medicals are not required??

Thanks for all your help and guidance!