+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ane

May 10, 2011
App. Filed.......
May 8 2019
AOR Received.
July 17 2019
My parents medical expired today, and today itself it changed from medical passed to medical not required in mycic. In how many days i should expect update about new medical/extension. My parents did their last medical in Canada and since then they have been here, so i hope i get an extension for them.
My parent diod medical in Canada August 2019. Again got a medical request last week.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
My parent diod medical in Canada August 2019. Again got a medical request last week.
Was your parents medical passed in August as well? I was wondering why they took 6 months to ask for re-do medical.
What was the date showing of medical passed in your cic account?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Was your parents medical passed in August as well? I was wondering why they took 6 months to ask for re-do medical.
What was the date showing of medical passed in your cic account?
No wonder, the PR is on final stage. Once IRCC get the medical results final decision will be updated.

Mahe

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
When did you send your passport to New Delhi? We have been waiting for 2 weeks and no response. With all the travel restrictions coming up, not sure how long everything is going to take??
Monday it reached Embassy, Friday first call, Saturday second call from translator. Usually it takes 21 days in and out for stamping.

Reactions: joyus

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
different country. does the country matter?
Looking at the initial letters, it seems like the same office: CPC Mississauga – PGP19,
I am actually curious if countries make the difference. Applications from some countries are faster than others.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today is a year since my parents application shows in process for both sides and I cannot believe that no movement for 1 year in their application. Application received june 18 2019 and i tried MP but he couldn't help just general in process... I understand that I am not alone but any suggestions or any thoughts of how we can expedite the process. My parents are getting older and I am disappointed

Reactions: rockwidme

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I am actually curious if countries make the difference. Applications from some countries are faster than others.
It all depends on the staff of the Visa office in that particular country and now depends the impact of pandemic in that particular country.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Today is a year since my parents application shows in process for both sides and I cannot believe that no movement for 1 year in their application. Application received june 18 2019 and i tried MP but he couldn't help just general in process... I understand that I am not alone but any suggestions or any thoughts of how we can expedite the process. My parents are getting older and I am disappointed
I can understand the kind of frustration. I have noticed that applications after 10-15the june are not showing much progress at the moment. Hopefully sooner the progress will be visible. In the meantime I suggest if your parents are in home country, call them on visitor visa to Canada. They can stay for 6 months ( hopefully PR will be finalized during this period) and can be extended for another 6 months. Applications for parents in Canada may get some priority. All the best!

Reactions: caninfoseeker

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
It appears to me (from reading post's) that many factors matter, VO matter, country matter, province of settlement matter, single parent or both parents applying matter, Travel history matter, parents are inside Canada matter.