Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
It appears to me (from reading post's) that many factors matter, VO matter, country matter, province of settlement matter, single parent or both parents applying matter, Travel history matter, parents are inside Canada matter.
Honestly feel VO is the main factor. You will see the trends if you look at the tracker. Most "third world" applications taking a lot more time :(

aumraiya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

I had applied for PR for my parents and received that sponsor eligibility confirmation letter on November 27, 2020. We have sent the police clearance certificate but have not received requests for biometrics and medical. Does the biometrics and medical letter arrive via regular mail or email ?

Thanks in advance,

abhi.here

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
Could anybody please help to let me know that how much time is being taken after DM to PPR/ COPR Virtual Landing (After 2nd medial pass) ?

YANA KO

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
I also heard back from my local MP's office. They said "I spoke with the IRCC regarding your case. I understand that you have been waiting 18 months. They assured me that your parents’ case is still processing and moving forward. You can expect to hear back in the 20-24 month time frame, although there may be slight delays in processing due to COVID 19."
Not even a sponsor approval or even in process for sponsor approval...
Hi, I 'm in the same boat. All the same. We are not so lucky like other applicants and far away from medical exam. Hopefully we will see some progress soon( getting close to 24 month)

YANA KO

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Obviously, yes :) I am just very getting concerned that I haven't been asked for bio and a medical exam. All my friends already got their grandparents landed. so I am just worried that I did something wrong. Is your status similar to mine?
there are many of us , unfortunately..

Reactions: archivist

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Still waiting. Called them last Friday and the automated machine says my case is in still in process (background check under process?) What can I do?

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor **** on June 18, 2019.
  2. We started processing your application on February 12, 2020.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received ****'s application for permanent residence on June 18, 2019.
My application received is on June 17,2019 at least yours say it is in process.

Reactions: archivist

ClaudiaHo

Jan 3, 2019
My parents medical expired today, and today itself it changed from medical passed to medical not required in mycic. In how many days i should expect update about new medical/extension. My parents did their last medical in Canada and since then they have been here, so i hope i get an extension for them.
I am in the same situation and noticed the cic account application status has been hide/changed from the last time i viewed it. I wonder if this is a system automatic update or it means that an agent is at least actively trying to move along our cases...

Reactions: Rhill

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
i got a PPR request on Friday and i submitted a VFS Delhi webform on Friday, checked my spam/junk mailbox as well but nothing from them yet. Also anyone have any idea the validity of the visa granted? i dont want to spend $2K for a hotel stay and is considering delaying my parents travel until the conditions are eased.

Reactions: serious_cheese