+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Not really sure what the hold is? Do you happen to have any additional info?
None whatsoever. I just called and emailed our MP, after reading through some of the other comments here. The processing timeline on CIC's website still says 20-24 months and it's been over 19 months for and we don't even have Sponsor Approval... I'm going to order GCMS notes too. I've done the freedom of information act request twice but there wasn't really anything there of substance other than they have the application... I do realize that our application was sent in very close to the deadline (received 2 days before the deadline) so we are at the back of the line. But we had to wait till my daughter was born in early June 2019 so we could add her as a dependent...

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
None whatsoever. I just called and emailed our MP, after reading through some of the other comments here. The processing timeline on CIC's website still says 20-24 months and it's been over 19 months for and we don't even have Sponsor Approval... I'm going to order GCMS notes too. I've done the freedom of information act request twice but there wasn't really anything there of substance other than they have the application... I do realize that our application was sent in very close to the deadline (received 2 days before the deadline) so we are at the back of the line. But we had to wait till my daughter was born in early June 2019 so we could add her as a dependent...
Yeah, I think ordering GCMS notes is the best way forward. I have called the IRCC call center numerous times, they seem to have zero information at all.

Reactions: rs33

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your suggestions! I'm planning to rent somewhere else for 14 days and let my parents quarantine at my condo by themselves. Is there any need to let my parents show my Airbnb or hotel reservation in their quarantine plan, or they could just declare they would quarantine by themselves? My only concern is that I don't want to reserve hotel that early given lots of uncertainties these days and I would prefer to go the hotel once I know that my parents successfully land even though this could cost more.
On the clarification plan, you can declare that your parents will be staying at your place by themselves for 14 days, at a later date, a few days before they fly you can book your hotel for 14 days and provide your parents a copy. I think it is helpful if you type out everything and ask your parents to show that to the customs officer.

soho1165

Apr 30, 2019
my parents application medical expired today..earlier on the Ircc gckey login, it showed medical passed on 20th jan 2020. today it started showing, no medical required...

any clues if a new medical request is forthcoming or we dodged it???

anyone with similar experience??

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
my parents application medical expired today..earlier on the Ircc gckey login, it showed medical passed on 20th jan 2020. today it started showing, no medical required...

any clues if a new medical request is forthcoming or we dodged it???

anyone with similar experience??

are your parents in Canada?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't loose the hope, mine is still in progress for both SA and PA. You can try reaching to your MP.

I'm going different way as my MP is of no use, I'm trying to add my name to next expression of interest, if I get selected in lottery. I'll just withdraw my current file and send a new one with in days after receiving invitation. IRCC is just way unethical and vision less than I thought.
Honestly, I don't think it is a great idea, this could potentially delay your application further and further. You will still deal with IRCC after you submit your second application, it will be the same story.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone, my parents received the COPR from the New Delhi visa office and 'NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL' is printed on their COPR. They are planning to travel to Canada ideally by the end of this week. Can anyone suggest whether or not my parents can travel to Canada?

Please advise!
your parents need a visa to travel, not COPR. If they want to travel to Canada, I assume they have another kind of visa? If not, do not travel.

As you are so close to ending the process, send in passports and wait for new visas.

KP_CA

Feb 25, 2017
Hello guys,

I have question for parent sponsor medical exam. If my mom has knee joint problem does it cause any reason to medical inadmissibility and medical test failed? Is it better to do knee replacement operation before medical exam?

KP_CA

Feb 25, 2017
Hello guys,

I have question for parent sponsor medical exam. If my mom has knee joint problem does it cause any reason to medical inadmissibility and medical test failed? Is it better to do knee replacement operation before medical exam?

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Does anyone know the difference between requesting information under privacy act vs Access to Information Act for GCMS notes. I understand the privacy act is free and that other one is $5. What information will be missing from privacy act gcms notes?

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hello guys,

Not at all, replacement should be done as per ortho recommendation and not related to forum opinion :]

KP_CA

Feb 25, 2017
Not at all, replacement should be done as per ortho recommendation and not related to forum opinion :]
Okay I understand. I was worried that immigration guy put it in medical inadmissibility and get PR rejection. If ortho recommend to do replacement then it is better to do surgery before medical exam? Anyone got medical pass with this scenario?

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hello guys,

There are lot of resources on medical exam where they see 5 year cost of medical for each person against the set benchmark. You can refer and it will definitely help you understand this.
I found this number on www.canada.ca - $102,585 over 5 years (or $20,517 per year)
Read on this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

Hope this helps and best wishes!

Reactions: caninfoseeker