+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Julyapplicant

Sep 14, 2013
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has had any expereiece with the passport submission process in VFS India? Due to COVID, passports cannot be submitted in person in VFS offices. An email needs to be sent to PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com and the expectation is that VFS would send a payment link back. I've been waiting for close to a week but I have not received any payment link from VFS and the process seems to have been stuck. Can someone please comment if they have expereienced anything similar?

rahul89

Oct 28, 2017
My In Laws application got update on their file after 9 months.
May 2019 submitted
Medical done Nov 2019
Medical passed in March 2020
Medical logically expired in Nov 2020

Inquired about status on file in December 2020

Yesterday got request to do medical again and given 90 days deadline to submit reports again otherwise file will be refused or provide reason on why they won’t be able to do it again.

They are currently in India as office is CPC-Mississauga.
Hi,

How did you inquire about the status of file. Did you contact via webform ??
I have same timelines and my parents medical got expired in nov 2020 and did not get any notification to redo medicals.
Thanks

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi all,
I am new here. Quick question, anyone knows if the medical validity got extended due to covid delays? I know it is normally valid for 12 months. I am wondering if IRCC thought of extending the validity. Thank you in advance.
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has had any expereiece with the passport submission process in VFS India? Due to COVID, passports cannot be submitted in person in VFS offices. An email needs to be sent to PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com and the expectation is that VFS would send a payment link back. I've been waiting for close to a week but I have not received any payment link from VFS and the process seems to have been stuck. Can someone please comment if they have expereienced anything similar?
you can send a reminder mail as they are overloaded with requests for passport collection.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
My In Laws application got update on their file after 9 months.
May 2019 submitted
Medical done Nov 2019
Medical passed in March 2020
Medical logically expired in Nov 2020

Inquired about status on file in December 2020

Yesterday got request to do medical again and given 90 days deadline to submit reports again otherwise file will be refused or provide reason on why they won’t be able to do it again.

They are currently in India as office is CPC-Mississauga.
Congratulations!!!! good to see they send you medical request, Seems like your parents case is almost finalized.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Ecas updated on oct 30 as DM1 but no email nor any letter from CIC. do not know what is the DM1 or where is our file. what shall we do?
You will get a letter or email in few days after DM1. Did you check your emails including junk or spam folders. If not call CIC.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi, i sponsored my parents. My mom visited last year here in canada and we have been extending her stay due to covid. To extend the stay, she had to do a medical exam which she did and passed.

We received a request for medical and police clearance. i know i am supposed to get a police clearance from here i guess. But for the medical, not sure if i am supposed to get her to do it again when she just did it last august.

Please advise. Thank you
Call CIC to inquire about validity of medical for PR application. Normally they ask you to do it again but better to ask.
There is no police clearance from Canada but CIC may ask for RCMP finger printing.

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Guys
I received AOR on Dec 18 2019 and no news since then. IS anyone else in this situation? Or has anyone been able to resolve this situation by making a call to CIC? I am a bit confused as to what's going on. My application reached on Jun 26, 2019.

Thank you

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Call CIC to inquire about validity of medical for PR application. Normally they ask you to do it again but better to ask.
There is no police clearance from Canada but CIC may ask for RCMP finger printing.
Hi, i sponsored my parents. My mom visited last year here in canada and we have been extending her stay due to covid. To extend the stay, she had to do a medical exam which she did and passed.

We received a request for medical and police clearance. i know i am supposed to get a police clearance from here i guess. But for the medical, not sure if i am supposed to get her to do it again when she just did it last august.

Please advise. Thank you
Hi @JanC
Following on this.
Can you please share once you have more clarity on this i.e. if medical for visitor extension is considered or not.
Thanks

cece2016

Mar 8, 2016
My SA was in process since Jan last year. I called in IRCC in last November and the agent was able to tell me social checks was completed and the officer is moving on to the next step of evaluation. I called in IRCC this morning to check update. The agent was not helpful and he can only tell me the application is still in process (just like what have shown on website).

Does anyone know if the agent is able to provide further information of application from their end rather than just saying "in process"?
I thought SA is normally straight forward and shouldn't taken a year to complete.

JPCh

Nov 6, 2018
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Hi there, I hope all is well with you! I have my parents located in Colombia too. Do you have any updates about your process? I haven't heard anything since February 2020 about my case. Any info will be very appreciated! Cheers!
They have been able to submit the biometrics by the end of November.
Besides, no news from Bogota since February 2020...

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
My SA was in process since Jan last year. I called in IRCC in last November and the agent was able to tell me social checks was completed and the officer is moving on to the next step of evaluation. I called in IRCC this morning to check update. The agent was not helpful and he can only tell me the application is still in process (just like what have shown on website).

Does anyone know if the agent is able to provide further information of application from their end rather than just saying "in process"?
I thought SA is normally straight forward and shouldn't taken a year to complete.
I'm in the same situation. In progress since September 11, 2019

Application received - May 17, 2019

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I received GCMS today.
I'm bit confused about the entries, it's 50 pages long...

latest few entries was

2020/03/12 9:52
Office CPC Mississauga

2020/03/12 9:54
Sponsorship eligibility pre-Assessment - In Progress
FC4 Sponsorship category: Parent Correct.
-other supporting document submitted: Marriage Relations Certificate SPR has submitted the following documents as proof of relationship: Family Relations Certificate V/O to request additional document if necessary. Application locked in on 2019/06/21

are they waiting for additional document, I have not received any request.
or does 9:54 entry is what they mean by additional document?

and, after this entry there is no other update except 2020/11/04 and 2020/12/16 with no explanations.
Does this mean I'm still stuck at SA and they have not worked on it since march?
it seems to take way too long for sponsorship to be approved.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in the same situation. In progress since September 11, 2019

Application received - May 17, 2019
You submitted your app early, around this time, sponsorship should already be approved. My submission June 21, and they have sent medical requests last year in October.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on October 22, 2020. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received. October 27
  4. Medical passed December 03, 2020

Reactions: Paul09