+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hi Guys, I need a suggestion

- My parents got their medical test done on March/02/2020 for the PGP application filled in 2019.
- Then we received an email to get the Sputum test (for Tuberculosis) for my father, which got done between June and July 2020 with a follow-up X-Ray with the result saying "Negative for Tuberculosis"
- On December/23/2020 we received an email from the risk assessment unit, High Commission of Canada, New Delhi, stating "Temporary resident visa for Canada has been de-activated because information received from the regional medical officer indicates a diagnosis with an abnormal chest x-ray and further medical treatment is required to address the presence of active pulmonary tuberculosis.

Given your current circumstances, you may no longer meet the requirements for a visa for Canada and you should not travel to Canada with your visa unless you receive medical clearance and confirmation that your visa has been reactivated."

* This email did not say what further test or any other information of that sort. Although, I have replied to this email with the results of the second medical (Sputum test), with an auto-reply that they may reply in 30 days if they have asked for any further information (which in my case, they have not asked for any reply)
* My father just got the CT Scan done, which confirmed that he does not have Tuberculoses.

I am not sure how to proceed from here and who to contact to re-activate my father's Tourist visa and I am not sure if this can affect the PR application.

I'd appreciate it if someone can help.

Thank You,
Navin
You should contact Visa office. If the TB test was done by a panel physician, ask them to send over to CIC, if you have a copy you also send one. I am guessing once they verify the medical certificate they may lift restrictions.

honeymai

Star Member
Apr 27, 2015
Inland
Category........
Visa Office......
Novia Scotia
NOC Code......
B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2015
Doc's Request.
20-09-201$
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
May ,2015
Med's Done....
June 1, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi Friends,

I have submitted my parent's application on June 17, 2019. The application is in the process from Feb 2020. The biometric completed on Feb 19, 2020.
We have received Medical exam Request yet. We have not heard any update from FEB 2020. Please let me know if anyone else is in the same boat. Please let me know the excel file tracker with the dates as I got very worried.

Thanks a lot
same as you are. anyone with the same situation? anyone being contacted after COVID strikes? Are we expecting to receive passport request after medical request through email or by mail?

Last edited:

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
same as you are. anyone with the same situation? anyone being contacted after COVID strikes? Are we expecting to receive passport request after medical request through email or by mail?
similar timelines as you, applied in may 2019, medical in Jan2020 and then in Nov 2020 got request for some addtional docs.. nothing after that so far.. waiting...

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, my parents are planning to land in Canada in later January. 2 questions hope you guys could help:

1. I don't have a private car to pick them up. Can they say in the quarantine plan that we will take a taxi to go home?

2. Can they quarantine in the condo together with me? There are 2 bedrooms, but only 1 washroom. I'm planning to say we will avoid contact and sanitize as much as possible. Would that be ok? Will they be denied to enter into Canada by the boarder?

Thanks in advance!!
This is from my friend's case. He rented 2 weeks AirBnB for his parents to quarantine. For your case, if your parents are staying with you, you will need to have a separate washroom, otherwise, it is impossible to quarantine.

I would highly recommend reningt 2 weeks AirBnB accommodation, many Airbnb is renting for quarantine in my city (Vancouver), I am sure there will be in others. The reason I recommend this is that I don't want you to run into the risk of denying entry, after a lot of work done, a few hundred dollars is nothing compared to the effort.

Also, your parents need to have a Covid19 test as well before flying I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is from my friend's case. He rented 2 weeks AirBnB for his parents to quarantine. For your case, if your parents are staying with you, you will need to have a separate washroom, otherwise, it is impossible to quarantine.

I would highly recommend rent 2 weeks AirBnB accommodation, many Airbnb is renting for quarantine in my city (Vancouver), I am sure there will be in others. The reason I recommend this is that I don't want you to run into the risk of denying entry, after a lot of work done, a few hundred dollars is nothing compared to the effort.

Also, your parents need to have a Covid19 test as well before flying I think.
Another option is you rent somewhere else for 14 days and let them stay in your condo. Or you can stay with your friend for 14 days. Just make sure that everything is clear on your plan as they may call in and check. A huge fine can be imposed if not following the rules.

Last edited:

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
same. havent heard from CIC at all since a year when they requested a birth certificate.

my parents biometrics are valid from their earlier visits, but we have not received medical request yet.

not sure what to expect tbh.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello,

My inlaws just did their medical and my FiL is under medical surveillance. This happened when he applied for supervisa too last year but was eventually cleared.

Has anyone had the same problem? I'm wondering if I should do a webform and let them know that he has been cleared with this when we applied for supervisa.

Does this mean that before they can get their PR approval, would have to go through or complete the medical surveillance?

Advice please!

Last edited:

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Hello,

My inlaws just did their medical and my FiL is under medical surveillance. This happened when he applied for supervisa too last year but was eventually cleared.

Has anyone had the same problem? I'm wondering if I should do a webform and let them know that he has been cleared with this when we applied for supervisa.

Advice please!
Usually the medicals are valid for one year, so it might be better to wait for them to review the latest medial results and then the ottawa team will let you know if they believe any additional tests are required or not.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Usually the medicals are valid for one year, so it might be better to wait for them to review the latest medial results and then the ottawa team will let you know if they believe any additional tests are required or not.
Thank you for your response! Any ideas if the surveillance will actually interfere with their PR application assuming if the medical is passed?

YANA KO

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi Friends,

I have submitted my parent's application on June 17, 2019. The application is in the process from Feb 2020. The biometric completed on Feb 19, 2020.
We have received Medical exam Request yet. We have not heard any update from FEB 2020. Please let me know if anyone else is in the same boat. Please let me know the excel file tracker with the dates as I got very worried.

Thanks a lot
same . Application in process from September 2020. Nothing has been sent .Unfortunately got stack in ICC

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Thank you for your response! Any ideas if the surveillance will actually interfere with their PR application assuming if the medical is passed?
my best guess is that if he was cleared last time on surveillance, then it shouldn't be an issue in PR application processing but they might add some remark in the file and the local health unit of the region where they plan on living might reach out to them or you for follow up (if requested by IRCC) after their PR landing.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
my best guess is that if he was cleared last time on surveillance, then it shouldn't be an issue in PR application processing but they might add some remark in the file and the local health unit of the region where they plan on living might reach out to them or you for follow up (if requested by IRCC) after their PR landing.
They are actually here in Canada right now so I'm being really positive, hopefully, it doesn't delay the application that much.

Kidstar1

Jan 30, 2018
Hello Friends, is there anyone in this group who has submitted the address and photo in PR portal and is now waiting for ECOPR?????
Any idea how much time it takes to get ecopr, parents in Canada , IRCC Etobicoke office.

bowmanville

Jan 11, 2021
Hi all,
I am new here. Quick question, anyone knows if the medical validity got extended due to covid delays? I know it is normally valid for 12 months. I am wondering if IRCC thought of extending the validity. Thank you in advance.